PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2013 Chevy Volt

cmturn0
April 5th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Have a 2012 Chevy Volt and would like to be able to tweak a number of the calibration tables. I believe it has an E78 ECM however I did not see this listed in supported vehicles. If there is no product available for this yet, I would very much be interested in being a developer/beta tester for this platform.

cindy@efilive
April 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM
They have been mapped. I cannot recall if they made it into the current release candidate software or if they require a final review.

If you already have EFILive and FlashScan V2, you should attempt to read your vehicle with the latest RC software. If you don't have EFILive and FlashScan please email your VIN to support at efilive dot com and we will confirm support status.

cheers
Cindy

Highlander
May 31st, 2013, 03:50 PM
We will be able to edit any of the electrical part of the volt?

ringram
December 24th, 2013, 01:49 PM
I recall Jessie saying he had messed with the voltage on this. Might pay to flip him an email and see.

Boost
December 25th, 2013, 01:57 AM
there are already serious performance tunes on the market for this

McRat
January 6th, 2014, 06:41 AM
there are already serious performance tunes on the market for this

Can you point me in the right direction?

If my reading is correct, the electric motor is capable of 205HP.

GMPX
January 6th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Jesse at wait4me has tuned several, in fact I drove his tuned Volt, its funny.

Boost
January 7th, 2014, 10:09 AM
There you go. I am also PMing you some more info.

GTPprix
January 7th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Jesse at wait4me has tuned several, in fact I drove his tuned Volt, its funny.

But but... I still cant fix mine LOL

GMPX
January 7th, 2014, 05:00 PM
I have no idea what Jesse did, he managed some hex numbers around to do what he did.

Boost
January 7th, 2014, 11:38 PM
I have no idea what Jesse did, he managed some hex numbers around to do what he did.

I was discussing this with a friend and we imagine what is done is similar to how they boost electric golf cart performance. Not sure if EFILive would have access to those settings in the E78, so possibly some additional tweaking to get that kind of juice out of it.

FWIW I used to PDI them (Pre Delivery Inspection) stock at the bowtie dealer when they first came out, and they will do a burnout to the top of the parking garage.

Due to having the torque of a V6 Camaro... at 0 RPM! :lookaround:

GTPprix
January 8th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Ross I meant in the ECM LOL I've already played with he HPCM1 and 2 ;)

McRat
January 8th, 2014, 06:12 AM
There is a clutch that can engage the gas engine direct in conjunction with the electric motor under certain conditions.
By forcing that "clutch 3", you have both the electric motor and ICE engine for propulsion.

Not sure, but I've 'read' the new Cadillac uses the Volt powertrain but instead of 149HP, the electric motor puts out 205HP.

Now here's where it get tricky. Batteries have what is a called discharge rate, and Lithium Polymer batteries have very high discharge rates. But it varies with chemistry, cooling, and internal battery cell design. If you exceed the max discharge rate, the battery can catch fire.

If the Cadillac battery is identical in chemistry, cell design, and cooling, then you might actually be able to touch 300HP in the Volt through just tuning. Or about low 13 second ET's.

Pure conjecture though.

Boost
January 9th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Super interesting! The Volt rides on the same "skeleton" as both my stupid fast Cruze and Verano. It is a great little FWD chassis imo. Yes I recall in '05 working at the dealer we had the 2-way hybrid Silverados and SUVs - supper annoying operation and barely any gains. But the Volt is top of the line. Props to GM for sticking with the technology, they are really making the Japanese electric cars look like they belong in a thrash can - though sadly many don't realize it. In fact, GM has quite a history with electric cars, going back a long way...