PDA

View Full Version : Invalid Calibration Problem with E38

Brad Kimbler
April 7th, 2013, 07:30 AM
So far I have had success tuning and logging my 2002 camaro and a 2004 cammed GTO using EFI Lives FlashScan FSP V1.2 interface. I have also updated my software on my computer to the latest version of 7.5 commercial

I have a 2008 Z06 LS7 car I am trying to pull and read the stock tune ( I do not have a pcm license yet for it) but when I select E38 computer and try to read calibrations it shows "INVALID CALIBRATIONS" I also cannot data log the car, I can connect to it, just cannot real time monitor anything. Last time I had theis happen was with my Camaro that had a HPtuners custom OS for boost, but as far as me an the owner of the Z06 this car is stock N/A, I am not throwing out the idea of an hp tune in there as the car is a 2008 model and he bought it in 2011. Can the dealership lock this with tech II or is my EFI LIVE not able to read the newer stuff?

Thanks for any help or tips

Brad Kimbler

joecar
April 7th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Hi Brad,

From 2006 (or so) onward GM has changed the protocol from VPW to CAN...

for your 2008 Z06 you need FlashScan V2.

Supported Vehicles (gasoline) (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=147&Itemid=146)

ScarabEpic22
April 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Yep, you shouldnt even be able to communicate with it with a V1. Sounds like you can connect to it, but since you cant do anything I wonder if this is a bug. Time to upgrade to a V2.

Brad Kimbler
April 7th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the info, I was thinking I might need V2, I could connect but nothing....Now I know.

Right now I am working on a custom OS for a 2002 turbo car, Still need to do a case learn on the crank sensor, I'm having a few issue but I'm trying a few things before I ask for help on it. I found a few threads on the procedure, A/C is removed off the car and I keep getting knock sensor code for a bad sensor. I think I need to replace the knock sensor and turn off(NOT REPORTED)the A/C circuit relay code since its not on the car before I can do the C.A.S.E learn. Also P0102 (MAF DELETE) is present...will that cause a c.a.s.e learn problem?

joecar
April 7th, 2013, 02:59 PM
MAF DTC's do not interfere with CASE relearn.

joecar
April 7th, 2013, 03:00 PM
The knock sensors and subharness should be replaced (GM sells a KS+subharness kit).

Brad Kimbler
April 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Thanks again joecar, I'll replace those asap, BTW the sensors were new autozone and 3 months later they are bad, I think its best to go ac delco here

Brad Kimbler
April 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Off topic from the original post but I replace the autozone knock sensors with AC delco and the CASE re-learn works first try...Thanks again for the excellent efi live support.

KCG
September 14th, 2019, 09:06 AM
Bumping an old thread because I'm not experienced with this much at all. I use a V1 with my LS1 Camaro but I'm trying to connect to an E38 ECM. From the post above, sounds like thats not going to happen so I need to purchase a V2 right?
Searching the online store, is a V2 with just GM tuning capability really $800 or am I reading that wrong?

Highlander
October 4th, 2019, 12:29 PM
I am not sure if there is still an upgrade credit for your v1.

ScarabEpic22
October 6th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Correct, you need a FlashScan V2 to read/write your E38.

Yes, a new FlashScan V2 unit is $899 with 2 VIN licenses and 1 tuning option (either GM or Cummins, you need GM). That will let you read/write your E38 and license it plus another vehicle. I'm not sure if EFILive is doing any more V1->V2 upgrades, perhaps opening a ticket with Support would be the path forward on that.