PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Position readings

Strong05
April 7th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I just made a simple diagnosis run on my brothers 06 I4 manual Colorado and noticed what I thought was an anomaly with the throttle position readings. Minimum TP was 12.2% and max was 89.4% at WOT. The only other throttle by wire system I've logged in is my LB7 (D-max) and it always shows 0% at idle and 100% at WOT throttle. So my question is: Is this the way it should operate or should I be seeing 0% at idle and 100% at WOT? If it's wrong could I have done something wrong with the EFI live scan tool/software?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Brad

ScarabEpic22
April 7th, 2013, 10:42 AM
You need to use a different PID, for ETC gas stuff there are (usually) 3 throttle position PIDs (well 2 plus accelerator pedal position). Im betting you're using SAE.TP, validate the PIDs again then see which of the GM.ETCTP PIDs shows up as supported for it. Try logging with that.

It will never show 0% TPS because on DBW vehicles the throttle is never fully closed except when the engine is off. DBC vehicles go to 0% TPS because the IAC allows enough airflow for the engine to idle, ETC setups open the throttle blade slightly to accomplish the same thing.

Strong05
April 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Thanks Erik! I was afraid I might have been overlooking something. I'll re-verify the pids and re-log.

Thanks,
Brad