PDA

View Full Version : E86 Interfacing

killerbee
April 10th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Who is doing LML/LGH communicating/factory flashing?
Has anyone come up with a bench cable for it yet?

modpcm
April 10th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Who is doing LML/LGH communicating/factory flashing?
Has anyone come up with a bench cable for it yet?

Like this one ? http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonnection/images/LML_diesel_ECM_extension_hobbyist.png

ScarabEpic22
April 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I have seen that cable from EFIConnection, I believe Michael is asking more about how to actually read these new ECMs out. As-in, a solution that interfaces with the circuit board after you've pulled the cover off. The cable linked would be great for flashing an E86 though!

killerbee
April 10th, 2013, 03:55 PM
...I believe Michael is asking more about how to actually read these new ECMs out.

Ummm, sssshhhhhhh, noooo. I will leave that discussion for people with a death wish. No, I just wanted a factory flash capability, and a way to query.

The cable link is good. Glad to see they are building them.

ScarabEpic22
April 10th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Ummm, sssshhhhhhh, noooo. I will leave that discussion for people with a death wish. No, I just wanted a factory flash capability, and a way to query.

The cable link is good. Glad to see they are building them.

Oh, err...um yea. I didnt say that...:music_whistling_1: I dont want to deal with that anytime soon either.

I dont know if you have any of EFIConnection's harnesses, but they're top notch. I bought my bench setup from Mike a few months ago and couldnt be happier, I had some P10 and LS1/LB7 connectors so I bought the necessary ends from EFIConnection and put the rest of my pigtails together.