PDA

View Full Version : LBZ Pilot and Post show up in log?

Drake_Lawdawg
April 11th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I have the pilot and post shut off at above 1800 RPM when under a full load, however, they are showing up as a commanded fuel amount and a uS time in the log file even at full load (100% throttle). Also, they are showing up as values that aren't even near that RPM/commanded fuel value in the particular table (IE: it shows pilot commanded fuel as 2.5 at 1200 RPM in a log and no pilot table even calls for that, even with the multipliers added). Is the log file just wrong or is this thing still injecting pilot fuel even though I tell it not to in every Pilot table (even shut 2 off just in case, and that appears as "0" in all of the aforementioned PID's). All Post injection tables are set to zero across the board and the log shows 280 uS at 2200 RPM as well. Anyone seen or dealt with this?

Wheelz
April 11th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I don't have my computer up to know the code number, but you need to change the number of injection events to two to disable post injection. I highly doubt the logging is wrong. Post up the tune and log and well take a look

THEFERMANATOR
April 12th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Welcome to the world of BOSCH ECM tuning, where NOTHING makes any sense sometimes. Go into table B1021 and set how many injections you want it to give. As for injections taking place that you zeroed out, EFILIVE only gives us the main basic tables to accomplish an excellent custom tune, but there are still MANY tables in the ECM we cannot see with it. Those extra tables can cause all kinds of grief when tuning. This is where logging comes into play so you can find ways to make use of the tables we do have to over ride the tables we don't have.

Drake_Lawdawg
April 12th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Cummins tuning is so much more user friendly. There isn't even an axis definition for LBZ to control fuel at higher RPM. What is it just a guess from the last known value for increasing RPM range? What stops a runaway? How do you limit to 4500 or 5K?

THEFERMANATOR
April 12th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Your throttle based torque tables control how high they rev on a DURAMAX, and the DURAMAX doesn't suffer from throttle hang like the CUMMINS does. Personally I prefer tuning teh LB7 as it does exactly what you tell it to, but the LBZ isn't that much harder to tune. I've looked at the CUMMINS tuning and want no part in it as to me it makes no sense. it simply bois down to what ypou're accustomed to tuning, and there is always a learning curve in doing something new.

Drake_Lawdawg
April 12th, 2013, 06:14 AM
The LBZ and the 4th gen 6.7 cummins share nearly identical theory (pedal to torque, torque to fuel, etc), and yet the LBZ doesn't do what I tell it to do based on tables (IE: pilot is set to 0 in 2200 and up at 85-110 mm^3 or close to that, but I still have a pilot injection at those places in a log, same with post, however using MCC the 4th gen Cummins doesn't do as it's told either I'm sure but we have no logging capability so who knows). I'll try limiting injection events and see where that gets me. In regard to RPM limiting, the "Max fuel quantity vs. RPM" table seems to be the "rev limiter" if you will. Apparently 4800 is the limit for RPM on the LBZ?

THEFERMANATOR
April 12th, 2013, 06:28 AM
4800 seems to be the limit for all of them from what I have seen as far as the tables go. Not sure if it will go beyond or not as I'm not bold enough to push a stock engine that high.

Wheelz
April 13th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Post up the tune and we can tell you if it's your tune or the ECM

I have tuned both cummins ECMs and an LBZ and LB7. The only part of the cummins ECM that's better to me is axis scaling. The GM ecms have much better resolution on the tables and dodge should be embarrassed by their auto tranny tuning

THEFERMANATOR
April 13th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Post up the tune and we can tell you if it's your tune or the ECM

I have tuned both cummins ECMs and an LBZ and LB7. The only part of the cummins ECM that's better to me is axis scaling. The GM ecms have much better resolution on the tables and dodge should be embarrassed by their auto tranny tuning

The thing about the DODGE trans is it is basically a hydraulically shifted trans with a crappy solenoid controlled line pressure set-up. The trans still shifts like an auto trans from 50 years ago, but they opted instead of shift solenoids to go with an electronic governor control basically to shift it. It is a poor method, but was teh cheapest way to make it electronically shifted. As for DURAMAX tuning, I have no problems with the LB7, LLY, and LBZ, but all the friggin tables in the LMM gets annoying to deal with. I don't see why GM had to reinvent the wheel when they added the DPF as theLBZ OS could have supported it just fine IMO.

Wheelz
April 13th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Even at that it's terrible to make changes with the axis choice and resolution. I understand going a cheap route of implementation, but it's very frustrating to change compared to GMs logic