PDA

View Full Version : Any Cummins support

80superbu
March 25th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I have an 05 Dodge w/Cummins diesel. Any chance EFI Live will work for this application? If/when I buy it I plan on mainly using on my turbo LS1

lakingslayer
March 25th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I'm sure Ross will answer and correct me if I am wrong but they have stated they have no plans on supporting the Bosch computer at this time. The '06 Duramax's use the Bosch computer system as does Dodge I beleive.

80superbu
March 25th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Hmmm, that stinks. I'm really surprised though cause there is a huge a growing market for it. Guess I'll have to stick with my original idea by going with the TST box for it. Now I just need to find a second vehicle I can tune with the extra license

GMPX
March 26th, 2006, 01:45 AM
No plans to do Dodge, to be honest I would not even know what ECM they use. Most gas Dodge ECM's are made by Motorola!.
There is handhelds for these already right?, it will only be a matter of time before someone does a PC editor for them.........or, soon as they might say.

Cheers,
Ross

Wasted Income
March 26th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Buy a REAL truck and you won't have that problem :muahaha: :nixweiss:

80superbu
March 26th, 2006, 04:29 PM
I looked at chevy but they were too ugly:nixweiss:

lakingslayer
March 26th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I looked at chevy but they were too ugly:nixweiss:
What about GMC?

80superbu
March 26th, 2006, 11:30 PM
I actually didin't care for the interior on any of the GM's plus the Cummins has more power than any of the Duramaxes. I've got 14k on it now and I'm getting 22-23mpg highway. I've yet to hear of a Duramax getting that

McRat
March 28th, 2006, 05:47 AM
I actually didin't care for the interior on any of the GM's plus the Cummins has more power than any of the Duramaxes. I've got 14k on it now and I'm getting 22-23mpg highway. I've yet to hear of a Duramax getting that

Oddly enough, one of the major complaints on the Dodge Cummins sites is poor fuel economy on the latest common rail engines. Congrats! You apparently got a special one. The manual trans Dmaxes have reported similiar mileage to yours in unladen freeway trim on stock tires, but more realistically, 19mpg hwy with the automatics is fairly common.

As far as a stock Cummins having more power than the Dmax? Drive an 06 Dmax and get back with us.

Back to the subject, you will need to talk to the Dodge guys about getting programming ability. The Fords have the SCT, and the Dmaxes now have EFILive, I'm sure someone in the Dodge inner circles is working on it.

Good luck!

Racehemi
March 30th, 2006, 03:39 AM
I saw an advertisement for HPtuner stating they have tuning software available for Mopars, not sure if that includes the Cummins. I also heard SCT is working on Mopar tuning software.

ntae
March 30th, 2006, 10:41 AM
to be honest I would not even know what ECM they use. Most gas Dodge ECM's are made by Motorola!.

Ross

Ross if you have spare time let me know some Cummins ECMs & The Cummins Insite program can turn up on your door step

Geoff

GMPX
March 30th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I saw an advertisement for HPtuner stating they have tuning software available for Mopars

Maybe things have changed over there, but having a cable that is capable of talking to a Chrysler PCM is a very different story to actually having released software that can. Perhaps EFILive could start advertising our new V2 as BMW, Mercedes capable too ;) , well, it's all a CAN bus.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
March 30th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Ross if you have spare time let me know some Cummins ECMs & The Cummins Insite program can turn up on your door step

Geoff

Spare time :muahaha:

Thanks for the offer Geoff.

Cheers,
Ross

wait4me
March 30th, 2006, 11:57 AM
new V2 as BMW, Mercedes capable too ;) , well, it's all a CAN bus.

Cheers,
Ross

Lol, That is funny!

Stewy
March 11th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Bump.

any more thought on Dodge support?

GMPX
March 11th, 2009, 02:14 PM
EFILive will no longer be announcing ECM support we are working on until it is ready for Beta. Sorry.

Cheers,
Ross

roadkill81304
July 7th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Well thats a bummer. Not that I want to go out and buy a dodge or anything but I have recently aquired an 07 common rail engine for my 1948 5 window CHEVY. I guess it'll just have to have some trick mechanical injection on it.
Now hopefully none of my fellow d-max owners will beat me up on this cause its a cummins, as I am not about to go chopping up this truck to make a V-8 block fit.

getsome
August 7th, 2009, 02:28 AM
if you have a cummins go get a smarty thats the best programmer they make for a cummins

MadMaxx61
October 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
EFILive Cummins 2006+ 5.9L & 6.7L BBR
http://www.duramaxdiesels.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18417

ScarabEpic22
December 6th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Do you have access to another PCM to see if it makes a difference? If not, I have no idea how much a PCM would be but I cant imagine them being very expensive coming from 94 unless they cannot be found.

Also, the only mention EFILive has in regard to Cummins support is READING support (as in NO FLASHING with NO ETA) for 06-09 Cummins. Have you looked at other forums like dieselplace.com?

Boost
December 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM

I like the Cummins and many of my friends have it, but exactly what year Cummins had more power than ANY year Duramax?? I remember shopping for trucks and the Cummins was making like 250/490 to the Duramax's 360/650....

Or am I missing something here?

And I have heard stories of LB7 (1st gen) getting near 30 mpg on the highway once broken in, and I myself pulled a consistent 18-19 mpg in CITY driving with a fully loaded 4x4 and a race tune.

Anyways good luck and hopefully HPTuners will be able to help you out in the future.

GMPX
December 7th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Anyways good luck and hopefully HPTuners will be able to help you out in the future. :nixweiss: Did you get confused which forum you were posting on?

Boost
December 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Not at all, but I know they plan on supporting Dodge in the near future and I understand EFILive does not. Which is perfectly fine with me since I have no plans of owning anything other than a GM. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear but everyone knows the deal about EFILive that's why nothing else is usually even considered when it comes to serious tuning of GMs especially diesel.

You know I'm a big big big EFILive fan. Heck I think I own more licences than most folks who are waaay better at tuning than me :hihi:

Tordne
December 7th, 2009, 03:32 PM
EFILive is planning to support Dodge Cummins vehicles (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=12205).

Boost
December 8th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Man, I'm super sorry I didn't know and just trying to point the guy in the direction where he might belong (Dodge guys). Why are we going to contaminate EFILive with Cummins? LOL just kidding of course.

ben94
October 15th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Does anyone have a stock file for a cm870 of any kind I have an ECM that's in boot ROM mode and would like to try to flash it with my EFI Live HD.

wait4me
October 15th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Ben94, you should only use what file you read out from the truck. If you do not, then the special data that holds the vin and other settings would be lost.