PDA

View Full Version : Ordered C7 Last week....let the festivity begin....

Redline Motorsports
April 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Orders in GM's hand on a Laguna Blue Z51 7 speed manual trans unit....hope to see it by August unless the plan falls on its ass.

Been staying on top of the DI and Torque based logic implemented into the next run of controllers and namely the E92....should be an interesting few months...

Howard

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Nice Howard, cant wait to see these start rolling off the line. :cool:

I saw a guy on the HPTuners forum already has some E92s. No idea if it's legit or not, but be good to get one asap to start assessing the controller!

GMPX
April 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Lets be realistic, I think you'll find both EFILive and HPT will have support for them not long after release if the ECM's are already available, I don't think it's going to be the big mystery everyone thought, unless they switch to a Bosch MED17 at the last minute!!

ScarabEpic22
April 20th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Lets be realistic, I think you'll find both EFILive and HPT will have support for them not long after release if the ECM's are already available, I don't think it's going to be the big mystery everyone thought, unless they switch to a Bosch MED17 at the last minute!!

I hope not, I imagine you guys have your feelers out to scoop one up. If I come across one (doubtful as I do this on the side), Ill send it your way. :D

Now lets hope GM doesnt BOSCH out on us now!

joecar
April 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Howard, should be lots of fun :cheers:

Redline Motorsports
April 21st, 2013, 12:28 AM

oh its a DELPHI for sure. I'm not concerned as much about getting into it as I am about getting access to whats needed to accurately recalibrate the torque control loop. I'm starting to see through it though.............

HT

GMPX
April 21st, 2013, 09:52 AM
Coming soon, Redline motorsports tuning software, because I can see I'll have to put you on my spam list :grin:, Ross, there is 370 tables I needed added by Saturday, thanks.

ScarabEpic22
April 21st, 2013, 05:19 PM
Coming soon, Redline motorsports tuning software, because I can see I'll have to put you on my spam list :grin:, Ross, there is 370 tables I needed added by Saturday, thanks.

What are you talking about, that sounds perfectly reasonable and easy. I mean, you just have to open the editor and POOF, all the tables fly at you right? :D

Redline Motorsports
May 9th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Isn't it like opening a can of tuna?

Settle down Ross! I'll only call you twice a day! Be nice to me......I've got a jump on this......

HT

cindy@efilive
May 9th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Excellent Howard.....what's the tracking number? Lol

And do you have a delivery date yet?

GMPX
May 9th, 2013, 02:07 PM
Howard, from what I understand the C7 is going to be one of the last 2014 vehicles sold with the E92 in it, by the time you get your C7 the E92 will be yesterdays news.

Redline Motorsports
May 11th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Howard, from what I understand the C7 is going to be one of the last 2014 vehicles sold with the E92 in it, by the time you get your C7 the E92 will be yesterdays news.

Well it's today's news....

GTPprix
May 12th, 2013, 02:28 AM
Well it's today's news....

I wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

Redline Motorsports
May 13th, 2013, 05:18 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about it ;)

Why would I be worried?

GTPprix
May 13th, 2013, 05:24 AM
No idea everyone seems to be freaking out though lol

cindy@efilive
May 13th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Have you got your estimated delivery date yet Howard?

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
May 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM
No idea everyone seems to be freaking out though lol
Because everything you read on the internet is true right?

GTPprix
May 13th, 2013, 01:41 PM

Exactly ;)

ScarabEpic22
May 13th, 2013, 04:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx4twCK3_I

Like this? :D

ringram
May 16th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Howard, what info are you using to brush up on torque models for the new ECU's?
If its public Id be keen to take a look.

hog
May 17th, 2013, 02:51 AM
You ordered the car, did they happen to give you an actual power/torque rating?

I know it doesnt affect you guys much, just funny to smack down quid on a car with estimated outputs.

peace'
Hog

GMPX
May 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I suppose when Howard runs a business tuning Corvette's then it would make sense to be buying one sight unseen with no test drive.

hog
May 18th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Yes, its important to be in the front of the line in this case.

the C7's are starting to pile up outside of Bowling Green. They look nice.

peace
Hog

joecar
May 19th, 2013, 10:25 AM
This C7 will be Howard's tuning test/showcase mule.

ringram
May 27th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I hope Howard has a cam on order from Comp for it already!?