PDA

View Full Version : Public Release: Apr 23, 2013

Blacky
April 21st, 2013, 09:39 AM
The official public release of the EFILive software is now available for all EFILive customers.

EFILive encourages customers to use this public release in their production environments.

Download here:

https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Known Issues:

Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.
Known issues that have been flagged as (fixed) are available using the "Check for Updates" option in the EFILive start menu, or by directly downloading the latest software available in the link above.

Fixed issues:

[*=1]The THRA_A and THRA_B PIDs are not scaled correctly. (fixed)
[*=1]Due to Windows security restrictions, the V7 and V8 installer is not automatically updating some files in \My Documents\EFILive. (fixed)
[*=1]Tuning support for some E39A operating systems were missed in the Apr 20 release. (fixed)

Current issues:

[*=1]If you have the latest version of V7.5 installed, then uninstall it and re-install the same or earlier version some configuration files will not be initialized correctly. To force EFILive to initialize the configuration files you must do this: After uninstalling and prior to re-installing the same (or earlier) version, delete the registry key: \\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EFILive\V7.5\Properti es\Dir\UniqueID. Then re-run either the V7 Scan or Tune software which will force the config files to be re-initialized and the UniqueID registry key to be set again (fixed in next update).
[*=1]Auto-unlocking E38 controllers (that have previously been auto-locked) fails with error $0322. Workaround: set the auto-lock flag in the file being flashed when flashing an E38 controller that is already auto-locked. That will prevent the reflash process from attempting to auto-unlock the E38 controller. Unfortunately, that also means you cannot auto-unlock an E38 controller until the problem is resolved in the next update (fixed in next V8 update) The fix is available now via attached E38_auto_unlock.zip file; see Updates section below.
[*=1]AutoCal LCD display may display some text with missing characters or even an entirely blank screen (fixed in next firmware update).
[*=1]For some VPW controllers, FlashScan/AutoCal are not saving System Readiness Test Results and/or Freeze Frame data when "Record All Diags" is selected in BBX mode (fixed in next firmware update).
[*=1]Allow 32 pre-selected calculated PIDs per Black Box Log file (up from 8) (fixed in next firmware update).
[*=1]LML flashing is not active yet (fixed in next V8 update).
[*=1]PID selection list auto expands/collapses when selecting PIDs (fixed in next V8 update).
[*=1]Explorer asks for confirmation twice when copying files to FlashScan/AutoCal that already exist (fixed in next V8 update).
[*=1]Explorer does not refresh the top pane when copying files from FlashScan/AutoCal to the PC (fixed in next V8 update).

Updates:

The E38 auto-unlock problem can be resolved by performing the following steps:

[*=1]Download the attached E38_auto_unlock.zip file
[*=1]Unzip the contents of the file into the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Config (on 32 bit machines)
or
\Program Files\EFILive (x86)\V8\Config (on 64 bit machines)
[*=1]When unzipping the files, overwrite the existing files.

Version Numbers:
After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 230
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFIlive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 224
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.39 (Apr 23, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

tokymon
April 22nd, 2013, 07:34 AM
sub'd

Gordy M
April 23rd, 2013, 01:50 AM
Have tried numerous times to download the V8 update--I have version 204--and have received this:

Not Found

The requested URL /Software/V8/Patch/EFILiveV8_Patch.exe was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at download.efilive.com Port 80

I will try later

ls1mike
April 23rd, 2013, 02:50 AM
Tried to full flash a vette file in a fbody ls1b (computer swap) with v7 and it kept saying complete without actually flashing. Worked fine in v8 figured I'd mention.

joecar
April 23rd, 2013, 02:52 AM
Have tried numerous times to download the V8 update--I have version 204--and have received this:

Not Found

The requested URL /Software/V8/Patch/EFILiveV8_Patch.exe was not found on this server.
Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at download.efilive.com Port 80

I will try laterGoto the link above and manually download the .exe file.

GMPX
April 23rd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Tried to full flash a vette file in a fbody ls1b (computer swap) with v7 and it kept saying complete without actually flashing.
Usually because of non Admin priveleges in Windows.

Biodiesel66
April 23rd, 2013, 09:35 AM
When viewing BBL while connected to a vehicle. The PID name shows what the Custom PID properties were changed to. Not PID name.
Example: Changing the Custom PID properties for EGT1A to F. F displays in the screen not EGR1A.
So all my custom PID properties that are changed. I do not know what the PID name is.

Also when opening V7.5 EFILive Toon Tool or EFILive Scan Tool. The time it take to open and close is longer than prior release. At time I get Not Responding.

Running Windows 7 64

Biodiesel66
April 23rd, 2013, 10:12 AM
I was able to correct the problem by editing the Options.txt file

; (LML|Travel)
*PSL_01
ECM.DPFRGENC, N:::0:1.000000:0.000000:N, 0.000000:N:0.000000:N:0:0:0
TCM.GEAR, N:::0:1.000000:0.000000:N, 0.000000:N:0.000000:N:0:0:0
ECM.RPM, N:::0:1.000000:0.000000:N, 0.000000:N:0.000000:N:0:0:0
ECM.DSTDPFR, Y:miles:mile:1:0.621371:0.000000:N, 0.000000:N:100.000000:N:0:10:0
ECM.FUDPFR, Y::gal:1:0.264172:0.000000:N, 0.000000:N:100.000000:N:0:10:0
ECM.EGT1A, N:°F:°F:1:1.800000:32.000000:N, 0.000000:N:100.000000:N:0:10:0
ECM.EGT2A, Y:°F:°F:1:1.800000:32.000000:N, 0.000000:N:100.000000:N:0:10:0

Deleted these in red and fixed the problem.

joecar
April 24th, 2013, 01:49 AM
When viewing BBL while connected to a vehicle. The PID name shows what the Custom PID properties were changed to. Not PID name.
Example: Changing the Custom PID properties for EGT1A to F. F displays in the screen not EGR1A.
So all my custom PID properties that are changed. I do not know what the PID name is.

Also when opening V7.5 EFILive Toon Tool or EFILive Scan Tool. The time it take to open and close is longer than prior release. At time I get Not Responding.

Running Windows 7 64Press the Enter key on the V2 keypad to switch between custom and standard pids.

When opening the V7 scantool/tunetool, is PC connected to V2, and/or is V8 connected to V2...?

ScarabEpic22
April 24th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Paul/Ross,
It would be great to have the TQ model added to the E40s, I thought it was already there until I was looking over an E40 tune today. Thanks!

Biodiesel66
April 24th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Paul/Ross

Thanks for the quick fix. Works great now!

Any chance to get the 2 LML BBL (DPFSOOT) and (DPFPRV) working since we have LML flashing?

GMPX
April 24th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Paul/Ross,
It would be great to have the TQ model added to the E40s, I thought it was already there until I was looking over an E40 tune today. Thanks!
Erik, I think it is totally different on those ECM's, in fact I would be certain of that, they didn't have the processing power of the E38's etc. But to be honest I've never looked either, I am assuming that would be the case.

Any chance to get the 2 LML BBL (DPFSOOT) and (DPFPRV) working since we have LML flashing?
They should be working, I can see Paul has defined them in the E86 PID list for V8.

ScarabEpic22
April 24th, 2013, 05:48 PM
No problem Ross, thanks for confirming. I wasnt sure and saw an application for them in another thread, if they didnt exist then you cant add support! :D

Biodiesel66
April 25th, 2013, 12:09 AM
They should be working, I can see Paul has defined them in the E86 PID list for V8.

They have been in the V8 PID list for quite some time. Just DON'T WORK :yucky:
Get errors that the pid is
Unsupported PID,
Node:ECM,
PID: DPFSOOT is not supported.
Please de-select it.

This is for both PID

Now using V7.5 EFILive scan tool in pass through:
When these PID's are selected. GM.DPFSOOT the grams scaling is off compared to other scan tools. EFILive high is 110 grams befor regen start, the other tool are 43 grams.

When GM.DPFPRV is selected almost all the other selected PID's data is all screwed up. Using less than 22 selected channel. The data looks like when to many channels are selected and the data is all garbage. :nixweiss::badidea:

It would be really helpful to have these working for both LMM and LML controllers.

Behold
April 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM
I still get no vin/chassis number on my scans. What am I doing wrong?

joecar
April 25th, 2013, 10:15 AM
I still get no vin/chassis number on my scans. What am I doing wrong?Scanning from V7, V8, or V2/BBx...?

GMPX
April 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM
It would be really helpful to have these working for both LMM and LML controllers.
On both LMM and LML are they faulty?

ScarabEpic22
April 25th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Heads up, accidently clicked the "Download Update only" and got a "Not found" server error. Both V7.5 and V8 are affected.

Biodiesel66
April 26th, 2013, 12:31 AM
On both LMM and LML are they faulty?

Yes!

If it worked on the LMM it should also work on LML. But they don't.

I can't see GM using 2 different types of PID definitions for the 2 PIDs for these 2 controllers.

GMPX
April 26th, 2013, 07:29 AM
GM might not, but Bosch have done that in the past, incorrect implementation of PID's vs other GM controllers :doh:
Anyway, we'll check the scaling out.

Blacky
April 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Heads up, accidently clicked the "Download Update only" and got a "Not found" server error. Both V7.5 and V8 are affected.

Links are now removed.

The way the update/patching is handled now can no longer be done by downloading a single file patch.
So now update/patching can only be performed via the "Check for Update" options.

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
April 26th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Display unit for CMB849 controller in V8 Scantool dashboard are not showing...i.e., no psi, MPA, designation when setting dashboard display units.

Blacky
April 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Display unit for CMB849 controller in V8 Scantool dashboard are not showing...i.e., no psi, MPA, designation when setting dashboard display units.

Got any screen shots. It's working fine here. There was a report of units missing the version prior to the current version.

Have you downloaded and installed the latest version, I'm updating it fairly regularly.
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
April 26th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Stand by...yes I just updated to Apr,23 from Apr,20

2007 5.9
April 26th, 2013, 02:38 PM

Ls1_Rulz
April 26th, 2013, 10:00 PM
thanks for the update ,,

but i can't log the data with V8

ScarabEpic22
April 27th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Links are now removed.

The way the update/patching is handled now can no longer be done by downloading a single file patch.
So now update/patching can only be performed via the "Check for Update" options.

Regards
Paul

Got it Paul. Thanks!

kangsta
April 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I noticed on the latest release that when you add a new PID from the list on the right it collapses. I dont recall it doing this in prior releases but it might just be me.

Would it be possible for the list to stay where you are in the list after adding a PID so you can continue browsing PIDs where you were before you added a PID to be logged?

Blacky
April 27th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Yes, that is a bug and is being fixed.

FYI
It is controlled by the Property setting: Scan Tool -> Dashboard -> Expand PID Selection Groups Automatically.
Check that box to force the groups to always default to expanded.
Un-check that box to force the groups to always default to collapsed.

When selecting a PID, that setting is being incorrectly triggered and if it is unchecked then the PID groups will always collapse, if it is checked then the PID groups will become (or remain) expanded.
The next update will not trigger the expand or collapse on PID selection, i.e. the current collapse/expansion state will not change.

It also (incorrectly) happens when clearing the search criteria by clicking on the blue X.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM

That is caused by the installation not installing some config files correctly.
To force the V8 config files to be re-installed when the software is started, do this:

Exit from all EFILive software.
Edit the file: \My Documents\EFILive\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini and delete the two lines that look like this:
[AutoUpdate]
UniqueID=224
Save the file
Then re-run the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 27th, 2013, 10:48 AM
thanks for the update ,,

but i can't log the data with V8

The V8 scan tool does not support pass-thru logging yet (if that's what you're asking).
To create a log file you must use either Black Box Logging or V7.5 pass-thru, then you can open the log files using the V8 scan tool.

Regards
Paul

kangsta
April 27th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Yes, that is a bug and is being fixed.

FYI
It is controlled by the Property setting: Scan Tool -> Dashboard -> Expand PID Selection Groups Automatically.
Check that box to force the groups to always default to expanded.
Un-check that box to force the groups to always default to collapsed.

When selecting a PID, that setting is being incorrectly triggered and if it is unchecked then the PID groups will always collapse, if it is checked then the PID groups will become (or remain) expanded.
The next update will not trigger the expand or collapse on PID selection, i.e. the current collapse/expansion state will not change.

It also (incorrectly) happens when clearing the search criteria by clicking on the blue X.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, that's awesome. Looks like there is still a lot for me to discover in v8 :)

Behold
April 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Scanning from V7, V8, or V2/BBx...?

Bbx

2007 5.9
April 28th, 2013, 02:08 AM
That is caused by the installation not installing some config files correctly.
To force the V8 config files to be re-installed when the software is started, do this:

Exit from all EFILive software.
Edit the file: \My Documents\EFILive\Config\EFILiveScanAndTune.ini and delete the two lines that look like this:
[AutoUpdate]
UniqueID=224
Save the file
Then re-run the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

Did as described...still no units.

Next step?

i tried it several times.

Ninety8C5
April 29th, 2013, 04:57 AM
I just updated to the latest V7 & V8 software. The v7 opens fine, but I get two error messages when I open EFI Scan & Tune or EFI Explorer. If I click the okay button the program opens, I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling and then reinstalling, but always get the same error messages.

Schwanke Engines
April 29th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Tried to full flash a vette file in a fbody ls1b (computer swap) with v7 and it kept saying complete without actually flashing. Worked fine in v8 figured I'd mention.

I was having the same Issues, then I downloaded the Software and Firmware updates. I thought this would fix it, but still no luck. I cannot Full Reflash and LS1B PCM's

To get around, I had to Run Program as Admin.

joecar
April 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I just updated to the latest V7 & V8 software. The v7 opens fine, but I get two error messages when I open EFI Scan & Tune or EFI Explorer. If I click the okay button the program opens, I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling and then reinstalling, but always get the same error messages.You may have to edit your Windows registry to remove EFILive references (Paul mentions this somewhere above)... and then reinstall.

Blacky
April 29th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Did as described...still no units.

Next step?

i tried it several times.

The "units missing" problem seems to be caused if the following file:

\Program Files\EFILive\V8\EFILiveSystem.ini is not installed correctly.
or
\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\EFILiveSystem.ini is not installed correctly.

Can you please send me that file from your current installation (so I can try and track down what file was installed instead of the correct one), then delete that file and re-install the software. That should cause the correct file to be installed.
Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Blacky
April 29th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I was having the same Issues, then I downloaded the Software and Firmware updates. I thought this would fix it, but still no luck. I cannot Full Reflash and LS1B PCM's

To get around, I had to Run Program as Admin.

Try this:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18861-Public-release-March-29-2012&p=168783&highlight=ownership#post168783

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
May 2nd, 2013, 04:01 AM
Now I will explain the best I can about what happened.

I was trying to read the file off the Allison (AL5) with the V2 (BBX) and the first time I tried it was trying the MFG key and it got a $0322 code. Did the 30 shut down. And tried again. This time it made it to the bootloader and $0322. Tried 2 more times. Same thing. Waited the 30 seconds. Unplugged the V2, waited 30 seconds or so and plugged it back in. Went to try and read the file one more time and got the message for not having a options.txt file... everything on the V2 was erased.... sd card... everyting. all my saved tunes, logs, config files...

I keep a backup of everything just in case something like this happened...because at the moment I don't have the luxury of being to have a laptop with me wherever i go so I use the v2 BBX for 75% of my tuning and logging. But what would cause that? Ive read the AL5 tune several times before... I know it may be a stupid mistake somehow on my side... but i'd just like to understand cause its super frustrating when everything gets wiped like that and not being able to log or anything.

bootblock: 2.07.04
Firmware: 2.07.39

Ninety8C5
May 2nd, 2013, 04:05 AM
I just updated to the latest V7 & V8 software. The v7 opens fine, but I get two error messages when I open EFI Scan & Tune or EFI Explorer. If I click the okay button the program opens, I've tried reinstalling, uninstalling and then reinstalling, but always get the same error messages.

I did a fresh install after clearing the Registry and still have the same problem.

joecar
May 2nd, 2013, 05:10 AM
Now I will explain the best I can about what happened.

I was trying to read the file off the Allison (AL5) with the V2 (BBX) and the first time I tried it was trying the MFG key and it got a $0322 code. Did the 30 shut down. And tried again. This time it made it to the bootloader and $0322. Tried 2 more times. Same thing. Waited the 30 seconds. Unplugged the V2, waited 30 seconds or so and plugged it back in. Went to try and read the file one more time and got the message for not having a options.txt file... everything on the V2 was erased.... sd card... everyting. all my saved tunes, logs, config files...

I keep a backup of everything just in case something like this happened...because at the moment I don't have the luxury of being to have a laptop with me wherever i go so I use the v2 BBX for 75% of my tuning and logging. But what would cause that? Ive read the AL5 tune several times before... I know it may be a stupid mistake somehow on my side... but i'd just like to understand cause its super frustrating when everything gets wiped like that and not being able to log or anything.

bootblock: 2.07.04
Firmware: 2.07.39Try this: in V8 S&T, goto BBx, click Read, Click Save, click Program All.

catman3126
May 2nd, 2013, 11:30 PM
subd

Blacky
May 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
I did a fresh install after clearing the Registry and still have the same problem.

It is most likely that the KERNEL32.dll that EFILive is expecting to be installed on your system is the wrong version. That could happen if you have install some other package that uninstalls/reinstalls that KERNEL32.dll file. EFILive does not uninstall or reinstall that file so uninstalling/reinstalling EFILive will not help.

Have you uninstalled/reinstalled any software (other than EFILive) recently? Maybe that package caused a problem with KERNEL32.dll.

For reference, the KERNEL32.dll file on my Windows 7 system that EFILive uses is 6.1.7601.18015, the date on the file is Nov 30 2012 5:54pm:

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 3rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
I randomly tried BBX'ing a T42 without a vehicle connected and it instantly appears to go through successfully. I.e. no Error $0281 message like the E67s and P10s do when you try this. Latest software, firmware, files on V2.

E67: Errors correctly on Cal flash, does not error on a Full flash.
P10: Errors correctly on Cal flash (no full flash available).
T42: Does not error on either cal or full flash.

I dont know if it can be changed, but in a situation like this with no vehicle connected is it necessary to have the V2 go through it's 15 second (or whatever the correct timer for that particular controller is) countdown?

izaks
May 3rd, 2013, 06:57 PM
Auto-unlocking E38 controllers (that have previously been auto-locked) fails with error $0322. Workaround: set the auto-lock flag in the file being flashed when flashing an E38 controller that is already auto-locked. That will prevent the reflash process from attempting to auto-unlock the E38 controller. Unfortunately, that also means you cannot auto-unlock an E38 controller until the problem is resolved in the next update.

Any time frame on the fix yet ?

Blacky
May 5th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Auto-unlocking E38 controllers (that have previously been auto-locked) fails with error $0322. Workaround: set the auto-lock flag in the file being flashed when flashing an E38 controller that is already auto-locked. That will prevent the reflash process from attempting to auto-unlock the E38 controller. Unfortunately, that also means you cannot auto-unlock an E38 controller until the problem is resolved in the next update.

The next update (including the fix for that) is scheduled for this week.
Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 5th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I randomly tried BBX'ing a T42 without a vehicle connected and it instantly appears to go through successfully. I.e. no Error $0281 message like the E67s and P10s do when you try this. Latest software, firmware, files on V2.

I dont know if it can be changed, but in a situation like this with no vehicle connected is it necessary to have the V2 go through it's 15 second (or whatever the correct timer for that particular controller is) countdown?

Thanks for the feedback. The "no vehicle connected" option is not part of the testing that the software went through. An oversight that is being corrected now...
If nothing is connected then there is no need for the countdown, so it can be bypassed (for now, just press Cancel to bypass it).

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM

I just tested BBF (full and cal) for both E67 and T42 with no controllers connected and with an E38 controller connected.

With no controller connected both E67 and T42 cal and full flash attempts correctly reported $0281 error.
With the E38 connected the T42 correctly reported $0281 and the E67 correctly reported "controller locked with custom key".

Maybe I'm not testing with the same config as you. How exactly did you get the T42 and E67 to report no errors when no controller was connected?

Regards
Paul

izaks
May 5th, 2013, 09:11 AM
The next update (including the fix for that) is scheduled for this week.
Regards
Paul
Thanks very much

ScarabEpic22
May 5th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I just tested BBF (full and cal) for both E67 and T42 with no controllers connected and with an E38 controller connected.

With no controller connected both E67 and T42 cal and full flash attempts correctly reported $0281 error.
With the E38 connected the T42 correctly reported $0281 and the E67 correctly reported "controller locked with custom key".

Maybe I'm not testing with the same config as you. How exactly did you get the T42 and E67 to report no errors when no controller was connected?

Regards
Paul

Ill test it again tomorrow after work. Ive been powering the V2 using the USB port only and not having anything connected to the OBDII connection.

I can post my options.txt file tomorrow.

izaks
May 6th, 2013, 06:17 AM
E38 pids not valid for 2013 VE. OS 12653674 Cal 12653784.
Validating PIDS does not help

GMPX
May 6th, 2013, 07:16 AM
We've had to cut back on those I'm afraid to say, defining DMA PID's takes an unbelievable amount of time per OS, so we (well I) decided just to add the critical ones that people seem to always use, Commanded AFR, Airflow etc.

izaks
May 6th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Can we at least get EST IATSPK back - please

WisconsinHick1
May 6th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I am getting a "Error $0482 *.pmm file incompatible with this firmware" after the new update.

ScarabEpic22
May 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
I am getting a "Error $0482 *.pmm file incompatible with this firmware" after the new update.

For what controller, and did you format and recopy all the files to your V2 before trying?

joecar
May 7th, 2013, 01:45 AM

For what controller, and did you format and recopy all the files to your V2 before trying?From V8 S&T BBx, do Format the Config space, and then do Program All (accesses via arrow next to Program).

Blacky
May 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM

I have posted a zip file with updated E38 *.obj files that fixes the auto-unlock problem for E38s.
The zip file is attached to the first post in this thread.

Earlier I had indicated that the next update would be available this week. Unfortunately, I can't make that release because it requires updated USB drivers (which fix some USB hanging issues) and I can't include the updated USB drivers until FTDIChip and Microsoft sign the driver package on behalf of EFILive. So just waiting, been waiting a week now...

Regards
Paul

izaks
May 9th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Thanks very much - will test later today

ScarabEpic22
May 10th, 2013, 03:22 AM
Earlier I had indicated that the next update would be available this week. Unfortunately, I can't make that release because it requires updated USB drivers (which fix some USB hanging issues) and I can't include the updated USB drivers until FTDIChip and Microsoft sign the driver package on behalf of EFILive. So just waiting, been waiting a week now...

Regards
Paul

Too bad I dont know anyone in the WHQL area of Microsoft (yet), I could walk over and hound them to get these signed!

izaks
May 10th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Could unlock the previously locked E38 by resetting and doing a full flash, but cannot read that E38, tried another E38 that I had spare, same porblem. Error code $0512. Can write to both of them, but can't read.
Can read both with V7.5

joecar
May 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Interesting... stack underflow.

Blacky
May 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Too bad I dont know anyone in the WHQL area of Microsoft (yet), I could walk over and hound them to get these signed!

Drivers are signed - testing them now... :)
Actually turned out Microsoft was not the hold up, it only took about 30 minutes for MS to sign the drivers once FTDI "resold" the submission for the EFILive modified drivers.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 10th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Could unlock the previously locked E38 by resetting and doing a full flash, but cannot read that E38, tried another E38 that I had spare, same porblem. Error code $0512. Can write to both of them, but can't read.
Can read both with V7.5

My bad. I'll fix it and repost the zip file asap.
Stack underflow occurred because I incorrectly used a RET instruction instead of a STOP instruction to abort the script.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 10th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Drivers are signed - testing them now... :)
Actually turned out Microsoft was not the hold up, it only took about 30 minutes for MS to sign the drivers once FTDI "resold" the submission for the EFILive modified drivers.

Regards
Paul

Great news! :jump:

(We really need a cheers emoticon on here!)

Blacky
May 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Can read both with V7.5

Zip file in first post has been updated with the correct E38 read script.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 10th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Can read both with V7.5

Just FYI, the auto-unlock for the E38, E54 and E60 controllers does not require a full-flash to auto-lock or auto-unlock. You can just do a cal-flash and the auto locking/unlocking will operate as required (full-flash works too).

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Great news! :jump:

(We really need a cheers emoticon on here!)

There's plenty of them::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::chee rs::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Paul

joecar
May 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
... :jump:

...The bouncy grins are missing one (there are only 7).

wesam
May 11th, 2013, 02:59 AM
After updating to this version
if i noticed any problem could i go back to 22 june update ?

izaks
May 12th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Results of my testing on E38.
Not sure what happened but landed up with one "bricked" e38, that irrespective of settings or V7.5 / V8 fails with $0322
Results of the 2nd E38
Content security settings have no effect on V7.5, V8 or HPT, all can read and write.
Setting autolock on with reflash security set to CF or FF works as designed for reading with V7.5, V8 and HPT - all fail
Wrting only works with V8, V7.5 and HPT fail

Blacky
May 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Results of my testing on E38.
Not sure what happened but landed up with one "bricked" e38, that irrespective of settings or V7.5 / V8 fails with $0322
Can you send the trace file for that failed read or write?

Content security settings have no effect on V7.5, V8 or HPT, all can read and write.
Not sure what you mean.
HPT can't read *.ctz files regardless of any security settings.
If you set the "Can't be viewed or modified" flag then V7 can't open the file.
V8 can open the file but the calibrations will not be viewable (when the V8 calibration editor is released).

The cal-only or full-flash only options are currently ignored by V7.5 and that will be fixed in the next update.

Setting autolock on with reflash security set to CF or FF works as designed for reading with V7.5, V8 and HPT - all fail
That's correct.

That's correct.

Regards
Paul

Quinton
May 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Has anyone had a problem with not being able to data log with the v2? Hooking up to a lb7 and says incapable with this version.

izaks
May 12th, 2013, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Blacky;191217]Can you send the trace file for that failed read or write?
Will do

Not sure what you mean.
HPT can't read *.ctz files regardless of any security settings.
If you set the "Can't be viewed or modified" flag then V7 can't open the file.
V8 can open the file but the calibrations will not be viewable (when the V8 calibration editor is released).

If you write to the E38 with the following settings
Content security = Cannot be viewed or modified
Reflash security = Can be CF or FF (or any combination)
Autolock controller = off
Then V7.5 can read the tune out of the E38 and modify the tune (HPT as well), maybe a short explanation on how the settings work would help

The cal-only or full-flash only options are currently ignored by V7.5 and that will be fixed in the next update.

That's correct.

That's correct.

That is a pity, I read it that any other software would not be able to read, but be able to FF a new calibration over the locked one.

joecar
May 13th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Has anyone had a problem with not being able to data log with the v2? Hooking up to a lb7 and says incapable with this version.Did you update the V2 firmware and do Program All on the BBx window...?

Quinton
May 13th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Did you update the V2 firmware and do Program All on the BBx window...?

I'm pretty sure I did. But I will double check when I get home.

Blacky
May 13th, 2013, 10:13 AM
That is a pity, I read it that any other software would not be able to read, but be able to FF a new calibration over the locked one.

If you want to do that then you MUST use the auto-lock feature. The auto-lock feature allows you to send out a *.ctz tune file that when flashed will automatically lock the controller.
Obviously if you do send out a *.ctz tune file you would also want to set the "Cannot be viewed or modified" flag to prevent users from viewing/modifying the *.ctz tune file.

Once the controller is auto-locked, only EFILive can cal-flash or full-flash over the auto-locked tune but no tune package (EFILive included) can read out the tune.

If any EFILive user has a controller that is auto-locked, then they can unlock it by flashing a file that is not tagged as auto-lock over the top of what is already in the controller.
It does not require the co-operation of the tuner who originally auto-locked the controller.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 14th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Update posted here:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22599-Update-May-15-2013&p=191307#post191307
Note: We have not activated "Check for Updates" yet. The "Check for Updates" option will be activated towards the end of this week.

Regards
Paul