PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain this DSP5 Switch?

TFZ_Z06
April 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
EFI LOGS INDICATE:

Full Counter Clockwise:
0 clicks, full CCW, 4.27v. Non DSP
1 click R: 2.92v, DSP#1
2 click R: 1.79v, DSP#2
3 click R: 1.02v, DSP#3
4 click R: 0.35v, DSP#4
5 click R: 4.97v, Non DSP

THIS is what I was told is in there:

Optimized stock 30hp
Heavy tow 60hp
Light tow/daily driver 100hp
Hot 120hp
Race 150hp

Which tune goes with which voltage? Do the voltages look correct?

SkinnyPedal
April 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM
Non DSP should be your hottest tune. From there you got me.

TFZ_Z06
April 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
ok, splain. There are at least two voltgages NON DSP

cumminsDK
April 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
You have one too many switch positions I count six should only be 5. Both non dsp setting will be the same fix the switch for five positions remove switch shoul be a washer with a needle that sets number of positions move it one position ccw with knob turned all the way ccw

LB72004
April 21st, 2013, 06:07 PM
That's how I have mine set up. Got a six position switch from radio shack. Far left and far right are stock (non dsp). Kind of like it like that.

THEFERMANATOR
April 22nd, 2013, 03:06 AM
Non DSP should be your hottest tune. From there you got me.

Not always, and most tuners have now stopped doing this. If your DSP switch fails, you will be stuck on your base tune. So if your base tune is your hot tune, would you want to be stuck with a 1000 miles of towing ahead of you on your race tune because a failed DSP switch. As for the OP, where did you get your switch from? Many of the available prebuilt DSP switches have a little disc underneath where it mounts that comes out and allows you to set it for how many positions it can have.

69camaro5speed
July 4th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Not always, and most tuners have now stopped doing this. If your DSP switch fails, you will be stuck on your base tune. So if your base tune is your hot tune, would you want to be stuck with a 1000 miles of towing ahead of you on your race tune because a failed DSP switch. As for the OP, where did you get your switch from? Many of the available prebuilt DSP switches have a little disc underneath where it mounts that comes out and allows you to set it for how many positions it can have.

With the lmm some tq tables are in non dsp you can't do a big tune with dsp 1-4 because the non dsp tq tables limit the power ,or thats what happen to me.I pulled my hair out for days over this
Made my non dsp the big tune and went down from there fixed the problem
Just don't make your tunes with big power in low throttle areas and you will be ok if it fails

THEFERMANATOR
July 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
With the lmm some tq tables are in non dsp you can't do a big tune with dsp 1-4 because the non dsp tq tables limit the power ,or thats what happen to me.I pulled my hair out for days over this
Made my non dsp the big tune and went down from there fixed the problem
Just don't make your tunes with big power in low throttle areas and you will be ok if it fails
You still need to set your limiters in the base tune to work with your biggest tune. If you do them correctly your big tune can be in any position.

69camaro5speed
July 5th, 2013, 05:28 AM
You still need to set your limiters in the base tune to work with your biggest tune. If you do them correctly your big tune can be in any position.

Yeah tryed that to all ways worked on the lb7,lly,lbz not this lmm
: