PDA

View Full Version : High Idle Switch for Drive by Wire 5.3

BioHazard73
April 21st, 2013, 03:24 PM
I am finishing up a rockcrawler build using a 05 DBW 5.3 and am looking for a way to raise the idle to ease driving with the manual transmission. I started a thread yesterday getting some tuning advice and SkinnyPedal fixed me up, I posted a question and SP had the suggestion of using the AC request pin to up the idle speed and another user HOG posted information about the high idle settings used on the DMax's and 8.1's for PTO applications.. I repinned my Dmax ECM to allow me to use this function but it doesn't seem to be available for the smaller gas motors...

I have done some digging and it seems the pin 43 on Green PCM connector is a ground OUT to engage the AC compressor based on data received from the BCM and the AC pressure signal so it seems this is a no go also. Any other suggestions? Could I add a variable resistor or something between the Throttle pedal and the TAC module to make the PCM think the pedal is being pressed giving me a form of hand controlled throttle?

Ideas ??

tokymon
April 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
you should be able to you would need to reproduce the 0-5 v and 5-0 v as that is what the throttle pedal puts out

BioHazard73
April 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
I did some digging and it looks like its a triple redundant system.... I guess I will just rig a throttle cable to physically move the pedal to keep it simple...

Big Mike
April 22nd, 2013, 02:16 PM
Don't know if it's in your budget range but ORE sells a plug & play adjustable high idle kit for the DBW GM gassers. http://www.offroadengineering.com/product-gmsuv.html

BioHazard73
April 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
Thanks Mike, I will check into it just to see the price, scares me that they don't post it up!

IJ.
April 23rd, 2013, 03:04 PM
Could you use the AC request pin?