PDA

View Full Version : E38 wierd numbers in log

limited cv8r
April 26th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Logged a dyno run on a E38 6ltr commodore ute today, ended up with some crazy numbers in log, bit confused.

joecar
April 26th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Do you see strange values only on the chart/gauge display or also on the Data tab...?

Try re-assigning that pid to the chart and replot.

limited cv8r
April 26th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Data tab, chart & gauge display. eg frame 13 , 14 coolant 96, 208, 2 *C, alot of the spark info is freaky as well.

joecar
April 26th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I pm'd Paul.

swingtan
April 26th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm going to have a guess that this was logged on the laptop via pass-through. If so, there are 39 channels used which I think is too much for pass-through logging, in fact they are all ECM PID's as well so it's too many even for BBL. Drop a few channels and see if the issue is still there.

Simon.

limited cv8r
April 26th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Yes this was laptop via pass through,was in a hurry so just selected the first pid list I found. I did not realise it was a bad log untill I got home and viewed it. I didn't expect bad data, maybe just slow log rate.

Blacky
April 26th, 2013, 02:00 PM
If it happens again in pass-thru, the best thing you could do is to select File->Generate Error Report and then send the log file and error report to me. Also if you're able, save a trace file on FlashScan and send it as well.
That way I can see the data that came from the ECM (from FlashScan's trace file) and the data that was received by the PC (from the error report) and the data that was written to the log file (from the log file).
Then I can try and figure out where the problem occurred.

P.S. Save all trace files before disconnecting or powering off any of the equipment, otherwise buffers get cleared and the trace data is lost.

Regards
Paul

limited cv8r
April 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Ok, cheers for that.

On a side note I found a mislabled table in the tune tool. pics attached

joecar
April 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM

On a side note I found a mislabled table in the tune tool. pics attachedCan you explain the mislabel to me (sorry, I'm in slow mode today :doh:)...

limited cv8r
April 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM
No biggie,just the PID links are labeled back to front.

joecar
April 29th, 2013, 05:49 AM
No biggie,just the PID links are labeled back to front.Ah, I see it now, I notified Paul.