PDA

View Full Version : EFI Live 2 step function

80superbu
March 26th, 2006, 06:12 AM
I didn't realize until yesterday that there was a 2 step function on this program. Anyone here that uses it? I haven't bought EFI Live yet but I think this just saved me some money on a 2 step controller and/ or a transbrake.
Is it used just like an aftermarket controller and how would this work if I also drive the car on the street? would I have to go back in a turn it off..I guess?

Thanks

GMPX
March 26th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Problem is, it uses the factory fuel cut routine, not spark cut, so no staging duels as it leans out pretty bad.

Cheers,
Ross

Highlander
March 28th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Well the people from racelogic cut fuel.. not spark...

GMPX
March 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
Mmm, a WBO2 shows it goes pretty lean, I don't know enough about the different limiter strategies to know if what you see on the WBO2 is really the situation for 'each' cylinder.

Cheers,
Ross

XLR8NSS
April 10th, 2006, 09:45 AM
If you cut fuel to a cylinder wouldn't the wideband show lean because that cylinder is just pumping air into the exhaust? The cylinder the fuel is cut to is not actually firing even though it still has spark right, just got air in it?

Seems to me the wideband showing lean would be normal for a fuel cut 2 step.

Extinct
April 10th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I would actually think that the fuel cut would be preferable to an ignition cut, since the ignition cut would put raw fuel in the cats. Am I wrong about that ? I would think you might have a problem with COT with an ignition cut, shouldn't be a problem with a fuel cut.

Where exactly is the 2-step in Live, I didn't know it was there, and I could use it !

XLR8NSS
April 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Yep, an ignition cut should not be run on a car with cats. There is a video somewhere that I'll have to find showing what happens to cats with an ignition cut 2 step. :D

Extinct
January 9th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Bringing this one back to life, how do you set up this two step. Is it done using the rev limiter setting for "Not in gear" on a six speed ?

Extinct
January 10th, 2007, 04:26 AM
ttt

02BlackonBlackSS
January 10th, 2007, 05:22 AM
Bringing this one back to life, how do you set up this two step. Is it done using the rev limiter setting for "Not in gear" on a six speed ?

You use a custom OS like number 3, then go to B3324, B3325 and set the rpm ranges, and go to A0011 and set it for Valet Mode/Two Step. From there, wire a switch to the pcm connecter number 56, and the other side to ground. Flip the switch and it enables the two step.

PladdPezzPunk
January 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM
so in theory this could be used to bring a converter to stall and then launch control. Ii don't see it doing any damage being a fuel cut like that. any one else have a better idea on this one.

Garry
April 7th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Has anybody (with a manual) thought about a circuit that does something like this:

Once you're staged, press a button. The circuit engages, grounding the Valet mode/two step pin. The circuit also has an input that is switched by the clutch when released. So, effectively, once you actually launch, the limiter is automatically disabled ...

Is this viable?

ChipsByAl
April 7th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Garry for that matter you could keep the clutch switch activated whenever the clutch is fully depressed. Floor both pedals and side step the clutch when you are going to leave. The clutch isn't going to get fully depressed at WOT after that.
Al

Garry
April 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Good point ;)

How's the best way to go to add such a switch to the clutch pedal? This could be a really cool mod for the track ;)

Cablebandit
April 8th, 2007, 12:14 AM
for a boosted car, any reason not to use this 2 step? I have the harlan 2 step but could sell it if this would work. I know boost and fuel cut sound like a no-no but fuel CUT vs lean in a cylinder are 2 different things.

kbracing96
April 8th, 2007, 03:41 AM
for a boosted car, any reason not to use this 2 step? I have the harlan 2 step but could sell it if this would work. I know boost and fuel cut sound like a no-no but fuel CUT vs lean in a cylinder are 2 different things.

I have though about this, but never gotten around to trying it :)

Cablebandit
April 8th, 2007, 01:55 PM
try it and if yours doesnt eat a gasket, ill do it!! ;)

actually it should be ok...gonna ask on tech

Earl H
May 5th, 2007, 08:01 AM
Whats the final word on this? I just had this setup on my '03TT z06 and I am now wonderng if this is ok to use.

AustinL911A
May 7th, 2007, 01:26 PM
Whats the final word on this? I just had this setup on my '03TT z06 and I am now wonderng if this is ok to use.

Earl,

Unless they can/do change it to a spark cut instead of a fuel cut, I don't think it'll work on a F/I application.