PDA

View Full Version : maps are not mapping

jtcanyon
April 29th, 2013, 05:47 PM
I can't get the maps to map any data. V2 build 230 e67 ecu. Any suggestions? I've read the tutorials many times. I can read data from the pids I selected but when I put them in a map nothing

joecar
April 30th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Post tune file, log file, and screenshots.

Which table are you mapping...?

joecar
April 30th, 2013, 04:01 AM
For example, see post #13 here: Looking-for-some-pointers-on-maf-tuning (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22503-Looking-for-some-pointers-on-maf-tuning&p=190529#post190529)

jtcanyon
April 30th, 2013, 04:40 AM
I figured it out last night, still have problems with serial connection to my mtx-l wideband. Also iam about to start auto tuning speed density in open loop. I deleted my maf and I'm boosted after I tune do leave pe mode off?

joecar
April 30th, 2013, 08:30 AM
You will need some kind of power-mode enrichment (to protect your engine from damage when at load)...

you can either have PE enabled and/or command the same richness in the open loop commanded fuel table;

if you make the PE commanded fuel table the same as the high MAP columns of the open loop commanded fuel table, then the transition between them is flat, so you can leave PE enabled.

joecar
April 30th, 2013, 08:31 AM
What problems are you having with serial comms from your MTX...?

Are you using a null-modem serial comms cable...?

Is there a terminator plug that needs to be plugged in...?

jtcanyon
April 30th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I am using a null modem between the v2 and the serial out on the mtxl, the problem is its not reading correctly. Which Pid do I need to select?

jtcanyon
April 30th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Finally got it figured out, had to pick the correct Pid, thanks for the quick replies