PDA

View Full Version : FS V2-laptop or tablet to data log

beauabston
May 2nd, 2013, 02:44 PM
I'm new to efi and was wondering what type of pc I need to log with. I know windows 7 or 8 but need something basic, all I will use it for is EFI. Any advice would be great. Also where to find some info with basic steps to make this work for a newby like me. Thanks and very happy to be apart of the EFI family. Also thanks to Anarchy Diesel for setting me up with this.

ScarabEpic22
May 2nd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Welcome, the hardware requirements are pretty basic for EFILive. Pretty much any laptop over $300 will work, if you're buying a laptop simply to use with EFILive I know a lot of guys like the 10" netbooks because they're really compact. Me personally, I cant get anything productive done on that small of a screen so something larger. Pick a screen size, brand (Im partial to HP, Asus, and Samsung), and price. Pretty much everything else will be determined by that.

Except for the Cummins stuff, all the GM stuff can be logged without a PC using the V2.

beauabston
May 2nd, 2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks bud, I use a Samsung tab for business but there is no usb port to connect and doesn't support windows 7 or 8 so it will have only one use. Yeah I didn't want to spend too much just for EFI but...both trucks are cummins so I'm stuck. Thanks for the responce.

Gordy M
May 6th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I have been using one of those old HP 10" notebooks for years as a dedicated PC. I picked one up for less than $50, cleaned everything off of it except EFILive, Windows XP and Firefox. If I want to analyze anything in depth, I hook it to my TV and sit back and enjoy.