PDA

View Full Version : LMM Won't Crank Over After Flash

MaxOD
May 3rd, 2013, 12:07 AM
I read a tune from an 07 Kodiac LMM that had been loaded by a previous owner. It was almost un-drivable and the new owner wanted it put back to stock with a minor increase in power. I compared the tune to a stock tune with the same cal and there were so many changes I decided to go with the stock tune and make minor adjustments rather than working with the tune from the truck. I put the VIN on my new tune, loaded it in no problem, but the truck wouldn't start. Wouldn't even crank over. Tried dis-abling the VATS, still no go. Loaded the original tune back in and she starts fine. What am I missing here? This is my first LMM but am quite familliar with the LB7 and LLY.

Motorzane
May 3rd, 2013, 04:09 AM
Where did you get the stock tune from. The Kodiac trucks use different perameters then the trucks do.

MaxOD
May 3rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
I pulled it out of a tune library. It was a LMM tune with all the same OS and calibration. EFI would do a comparison but all the data between the two files was way different. The PO had a smoke tune loaded which the current owner didn't want. Another tuner tried to put it back close to stock but the truck still has drivability issues. I hoped to save a bit of time rather than working with the existing tune as it seems so screwed up. Still not sure why it won't turn over so there must be a difference somewhere. I know the speedo can't be adjusted on the Kodiac either.

Motorzane
May 3rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Maybe the best thing to do is go to the dealer and have them reflash the ECM from the TISweb and start with a clean stock file