PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP. $0101 no data recieved error

cat_dr.
May 3rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
Alrite I'm new to efi so I'm learning as I go. But here is my problem. I read stock tune and converted to to dsp os using v7.5 now when trying to flash in my dsp5 tune on v8 I'm getting a no data recieved error. Truck will not even attemp to start. So I tried flashing stock tune back in on v7.5 and am getting no connection error. Any help is greatly appreciated been trying to get this thing flashed for 3 days now.

GMPX
May 3rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Sounds like maybe after the ECM was read it did not reset properly, just try pulling the ECM fuse for 30 seconds, or, pull the battery cable off for 30 seconds.
After that see if the truck runs, if all good then try your reflash. You can't damage an ECM just by reading it, so it should be fine.

cat_dr.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:02 AM
I've tried it several times and still nothing. It won't let me flash my stock tune back in it says no connection to ECM

GMPX
May 3rd, 2013, 09:47 AM
When you went to reflash the truck the first time, did the flash process start, get part way through? Or did it right away say no data received?

cat_dr.
May 3rd, 2013, 09:50 AM
After I read stock tune I converted it to dsp os then saved that file. Once I saved it I performed full flash with that file and it went all the way through now when I try to flash the file in with my dsp5 tunes I am getting a no data recieved error. Should I not have flashed it after converting os to dsp format?

GMPX
May 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Oh, that is a different story (and not a good one).
What engine is this? LB7, LLY or LBZ?

cat_dr.
May 5th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Lbz. I believe the ECM is fried or dead because it will not communicate now

GMPX
May 5th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately it does seem like that might be the case. I don't hear of them being bricked very often, maybe some of the other Diesel guys could chime in as to what to try.

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Since my ecm is dead am I am getting another one am I out of a license or is there a way I can get it back?

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I am sure that your no data received is not a dead ecm, I have not seen any issues with LBZ or LMM with that code.

Do you have any aftermarket radio, i-pod adapters, nav units ?

If you can, I can put it on my bench harness and test it for you, if you would like please contact me.

Thanks

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Yes I have subs and an amp and it was still connected. I've already got another one on the way. But I will send u mine to see if anything can be done with it.

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 7th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Disconnect all the fuses to quiet the data bus, pull all fuses for aftermarket items, then use the V7.5 and the tune or ctz file to flash it.

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 11:55 AM
The tunes I have are in v8 format. But when trying to flash stock file back in I get a no connection to ECM.

killerbee
May 7th, 2013, 01:54 PM
That often means the OBD port is dead. Make sure that you have not blown your cig lighter fuse. It also powers your OBD port. Then charge your batteries, and leave the charger on low (under 6-8 amps) Some amplifiers can be very inefficient with a large current draw, and combined with 30 minutes of ignition on with no charging, plus weathered batteries, there can be insufficient voltage for communication.

I agree with Tony, it is possibly not dead.

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Well I tried everything I was told to do. Disconnecting batteries, let them charge over nite to ensure proper charge, pulled fuses and still no luck.

killerbee
May 7th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Plug in and try to read your obd codes.

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
It says no dtcs

killerbee
May 7th, 2013, 02:12 PM
So you are able to connect to the ECM with your scan tool, and "no ECM connection" with the tune tool?

Go to the V7.5 tune tool. In the dropdown menu, navigate to Flash/PCM Security, select the LBZ controller in the dropdown and click on "check status". Does that readout a VIN and OS?

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 02:15 PM
That's just checking dtcs with the v2. I'm not what the status is when checked. But I do know when trying to flash any file in it attempts to go though and says no ECM connection.

killerbee
May 7th, 2013, 02:20 PM
I was trying to help you narrow down exactly where your issue is.

cat_dr.
May 7th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I will fool with it some more tommorow and see what it says when I check status

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I'm having this same issue READING a LLY, pulled radio, radio amp, and info fuses. Tried door open and closed.

First he was getting the $0101 no data received, pulled the radio amp fuse and closed the door and it began to read.

Once reading it gave error $11 mode not supported.

Upon trying to read again we cant get past the $0101 no data received again.

Any suggestions?

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 10th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Are you running the latest release ? Updated firmware ?

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM
He just downloaded it today, and I had him check the firmware and bootblock, they are both the same as the files in the browse folder in EFI Explorer. This is an Autocal.

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Did he update his BBX scripts ?

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I read in another thread that an end user had to delete all EFI Live related files and re-download and install from the website again. I informed him of this and he says that he will try tomorrow morning. Id really like to get his ECM read. Ive never had a problem like this before, but it was bound to happen.

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:34 PM
We are doing it pass-through.

cat_dr.
May 10th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Mine wasn't a problem reading mine was after flashing and trying to flash again I was getting the error.

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 10th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Power cycle the key on and off a few times after the $0101 error, that should restore the controller.

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah we tried alt keys, low speed, etc and cant get it to even start reading. It started to read and move the green bar one time, and stopped after a few seconds giving the $11 "mode not supported" error code.

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:39 PM
How many times Tony? And how long should he wait between on's and off's?

SSchmi5519
May 10th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Can you not read LLY controllers with V8? I had him try both V7 and V8 and he gets the same error in both software versions.

GMC-2002-Dmax
May 10th, 2013, 10:50 PM
I worked with Paul on this several weeks ago when RC2 or RC3 was out and we got any issues with $0101 fixed with the LLY Controller, I know I am not having any issues at all and I do a lot of bench and in truck flashes.

LLY controllers are the worst of them all, I sometimes have to check security on an LLY 2 or 3 times prior to a flash or I even get the bootloader rejected error message in V7.5.

Set you V2 up for saving trace files and then email them to Paul so he can see what it's doing, but we worked on it over several days back in early April and it was all fixed and we tried are best to make it screw up again and could not.

Good Luck

SSchmi5519
May 11th, 2013, 06:23 AM
If we cant get it to work I'll just buy the Autocal back from him and have him send his ECM to you Tony. I don't have a bench harness.