PDA

View Full Version : S&T V7 compatibility function - Only able to get 4 calc pids.

T2000
May 6th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Hello guys,

Trying to help another EFILIVE user and setup his BBL functions but am having a little trouble.
Hoping someone can point out my obvious error here or perhaps conversely this might be a bug in the new S&T?

I have never tried to select more than 4 calculated pids in V7 compatibility when setting up BBL... so I am not sure whether this is a recent problem caused by the latest updates or a restriction that I wasnt aware of previously.

I have attached all the relevant files.

The first 4 calc pids which I have defined in the calc_pids.txt and selected in V7 compatibility appear in the log file and are automatically selected - as expected. However there are 3 calc pids which are not being auto selected. They can be manually selected in V7 Scan and function correctly.

Any advice would be great.

Cheers Chris

joecar
May 7th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Add 2 or more blank lines to the end of your calc_pids.txt file.

T2000
May 7th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply!
I have tried various versions of the calc_pids.txt files including adding lines to the end of the file.
I will give your suggestion a try but I am not convinced that is the problem.
If you open the log file in a text editor you can see in the initial part of the file which pids are logged/selected,
only the first 4 pids added through S&T appear here. This is of course independent of the calc_pids.txt file.
So I am convinced that this is a problem with S&T or V2 firmware?

T2000
May 7th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Add 2 or more blank lines to the end of your calc_pids.txt file.

Just confirming that adding the 2 blanks lines did not help.
I added the 2 lines as suggested. Opened S&T, checked the settings and programmed the V2.
Started a new BBL Log file.
*** No dice!
The calc pids appear in the options.txt that is copied from/to the V2 ... but dont appear in the "header" of the log file.
Hence my assumption that this is either an S&T or firmware issue :confused:

joecar
May 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I think the problem is that these pids are causing the problem:

WO2A.AFR_NGK1
WO2A.AFR_NGK2
WO2A.BEN_1
WO2A.BEN_2

I don't see WO2A.xxxx pids defined anywhere, I would delete those from Options.txt.

T2000
May 7th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I think the problem is that these pids are causing the problem:

WO2A.AFR_NGK1
WO2A.AFR_NGK2
WO2A.BEN_1
WO2A.BEN_2

I don't see WO2A.xxxx pids defined anywhere, I would delete those from Options.txt.

Thanks Joe, I'll give that a try... pretty sure they are the "canned" calc pids

Blacky
May 7th, 2013, 01:35 PM
So I am convinced that this is a problem with S&T or V2 firmware?

It appears to be a problem with the V2 firmware. I am investigating and will get if fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
The V8 calc PID names are stored in the same 8 slots in the log file as the V7 calc PID names. The 4 V8 calc PIDs that you have selected are using the first 4 slots, leaving only 4 more slots for the V7 PIDs.
It is counter-intuitive for the software to allow 8 V7 calc PIDs to be named but not to record all 8 names in the log file. I will get that fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

T2000
May 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
The V8 calc PID names are stored in the same 8 slots in the log file as the V7 calc PID names. The 4 V8 calc PIDs that you have selected are using the first 4 slots, leaving only 4 more slots for the V7 PIDs.
It is counter-intuitive for the software to allow 8 V7 calc PIDs to be named but not to record all 8 names in the log file. I will get that fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

Awesome thanks Paul. :grin:

In the meantime Joe's suggestion of removing the "canned" calc pids from the options.txt worked. - Cheers Joe :rockon:

joecar
May 7th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Paul, can we get 12 or 16 calc pids in BBL...?