PDA

View Full Version : Traction Control Limiting RPM?

Ryan W.
May 11th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I am having an issue with a 2009 G8, headers, and a Procharger P-1sc doing what I think is a traction/stability control override at 4500-5000rpm. I attached a tune and datalog for you too look over.

The symptom is that at 4500-5000rpm the engine flat out stops accelerating and I have no control over the engine until I completely let of the throttle at which point it goes back to normal throttle control. If the Stability system is left on it will also flash that stability control is active at this point. If I turn it off via the button on the console it still has the issue but does not flash Stability active in the dash.

I have logged every throttle pid I could find and all show that the throttle stays open during the event as far as I can tell.

In the tune you will see I have turned off darn near everything I can think in an attempt to eliminate it. Let me know if you have any questions, I will try to answer them.

kangsta
May 11th, 2013, 01:07 PM
look at your manifold pressure, maybe a pipe is sucking shut?

Ryan W.
May 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
You are correct, I pulled the inlet off this morning and it goes all the way up to 6500rpm as it should.

joecar
July 7th, 2013, 09:34 PM
So that was the problem, plumbing collapsing...?

Ryan W.
July 8th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Yes sir. Had it bound up a little in a tight spot. All I did was rotate it around some so it fit better and problem solved.

It was a 30 degree silicone coupler with a filter on the end.