PDA

View Full Version : Timing Calculator

xploitdiesel
May 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I know everyone uses Josh's timing calculator in excel...but since it's been done on the cummins and works well at that, I think if it'd be possible to go back and add that it'd be awesome. I'm sure its been mentioned and you have a bunch to do on the new innovations...just wondering

killerbee
May 12th, 2013, 02:56 AM
I will just say that we do not use these calculators, as they skip over one the most important variables, load.

xploitdiesel
May 12th, 2013, 04:41 AM
I will just say that we do not use these calculators, as they skip over one the most important variables, load.

With all due respect, I do use the calculators. This also proves true for every tuner I know. Does this mean the tune won't need tweaking? No..it usually does, but the calculator definitely gets you in the ball park. If you do research you'll find calculators for the cummins that do show you how to correlate calculated load into the mix. We could take a poll on it and I bet you'll find that more people use the calculators than those that don't.

Dmaxink
May 12th, 2013, 06:15 PM

I use the calculator as a base value...