PDA

View Full Version : Guide to EFI Live to another PC?

EagleMark
May 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm not sure where to put this? Looked around and saw some references?

So with my old 4 year reliable laptop died, my brand new one hit the dashboard with in 30 minutes, finally rebuilt my Panisonic Toughbook which is final vehicle laptop, but others are back and need to be loaded.... man do I have a headache trying to get EFI Live re-installed, well installing is not the issue, getting all my old stuff is! Like calc_pids.txt, cal_links and all my Maps etc...

I have everything backed up continuous to a wireless hard drive, which backs up to my server once a week...

Does someone have a list or how to? I tried the EFI Live folder in documents which does pretty good, but there are some things in program files as well... is it SAE_xx that has the RR stuff, or Cal_Links I had made a couple changes too... I was pretty set in my ways and now I seems to keep missing something? Rebuilding Maps is a pain...

joecar
May 13th, 2013, 03:02 AM
You really shouldn't have modified the sae_generic.txt file...

if you wanted custom pids then calc_pids.txt is where you create them...

this would allow you to simply copy the EFILive folder in Documents (WinXP: My Documents) to your new PC/laptop.

EagleMark
May 13th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Thanks joe. Don't know why I have sae_generic stuck ion my head as one I've changed or added to?

It is cal_link.txt that needs to be changes for RR. That is the one in Program files.

joecar
May 13th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Some people prefer to modify sae_generic.txt, in which case they need to copy their old one (in which case they don't ever get the new pids in the newer ones).

Yes, your are correct, cal_link.txt needs to be copied.