PDA

View Full Version : Did I fry my 0411 PCM or??

1SlowHoe
May 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I cannot get my stock file to write to the PCM. I checked fuses, downloaded the latest HPT before I started.
The only thing I can think of is the header hit the starter pole and arced during the stock engine install, but like I said, no blown fuses so??? All grounds are connected, connections are tight. Software issue or did my PCM take a dump?
I'm trying to over ride a COS if that matters.
It said "Cannot find the VCM" So, I guess it's the truck not the software. I tried the scanner and tuner.

Any fuses I should look for specifically? I checked the cigarette lighter as I thought that was the usual suspect ( I also checked a bunch of others)

Bad ground?

I can rule out low voltage as I had the truck hooked up to a charger when I was trying to upload the tune.

I should add that none of the dash gauges are reading anything except the volt meter. The oil pressure doesn't move when cranking and the fuel. Not sure if that means anything. The message center scrolls through "Low coolant" "Battery" "Low Fuel" when I turn the key to the run position. It really looks like there was a partial Flash and it crapped out.

It was COS5 or COS3 (2-bar boosted) HPT tune in there before.
Now I'm trying to load a stock file for a Flex Fuel "Z" truck, 2002 with Traction Control.
512KB
4L60
VCM OS ID:12216125
VIN:1GNEC13ZX2R133495
Any help is appreciated.

joecar
May 14th, 2013, 01:42 AM
HPT...?

If there was significant arcing there is a very good chance that any of the vehicle's modules are damaged (not just the PCM).

HPT don't name theirs COS3/COS5.

1SlowHoe
May 14th, 2013, 02:32 AM
HPT...?

If there was significant arcing there is a very good chance that any of the vehicle's modules are damaged (not just the PCM).

HPT don't name theirs COS3/COS5.

I wasn't sure what they call their custom OS'. I am picking up another pcm today. Should i look for any other modules while I'm at the salvage yard?

Chevy366
May 14th, 2013, 04:17 AM
HPT? Did EFILive acquire HPT?

1SlowHoe
May 14th, 2013, 05:06 AM
HPT? Did EFILive acquire HPT?

I own both. Neither will communicate with the pcm. Hpt or efi live.

joecar
May 14th, 2013, 07:40 AM
I wasn't sure what they call their custom OS'. I am picking up another pcm today. Should i look for any other modules while I'm at the salvage yard?You should first see if an enhanced scantool can talk to each of the modules (e.g. Genisys/Nemisys or AutoEnginuity with GM Enhanced)...

you should also diagnose the serial bus splice pak to make sure it has continuity to all the modules...

and do a sanity check on all power/ground connections.

Rich Z
May 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Man, how in the world did that arc happen with the battery disconnected?