PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't CNX Over Heat Warning

curtbriggs
February 23rd, 2005, 09:21 AM
I was setting the idle speed and the "over heat" warning came on. I couldn't cancel the warning by clicking on OK or close to turn the fans back on. Program glitch?

Cheers, Curt

Blacky
February 23rd, 2005, 09:38 AM
That is/was an issue in V7.1.7 and earlier.
It has been fixed in V7.1.8 - have you downloaded and isntalled V7.1.8?
If not I recommend that you do, here:
http://www.efilive.com/downloads/downloads_7.html

Regards
Paul

curtbriggs
February 23rd, 2005, 02:11 PM
Correct, I missed the new down load. Now I'm trying to learn how to get the fans back on. I reset the on and off temps but they still won't come on after I close the window. On the bidirectional tab, idle air control, I can set the idle and turn the fans on but lose both when I close out. I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve.

Thanks, Curt

Blacky
February 23rd, 2005, 07:08 PM
Correct, I missed the new down load. Now I'm trying to learn how to get the fans back on. I reset the on and off temps but they still won't come on after I close the window. On the bidirectional tab, idle air control, I can set the idle and turn the fans on but lose both when I close out. I'm still at the bottom of the learning curve.

Thanks, Curt

The bi-directional controls only last until the window is closed. Closing the window will terminate bi-directional controls. Once they are terminated then the PCM takes over and will set the fans either on or off depending on it's internal calibrations.

Note: none of the Scan Tool bidi controls are permanent. They all terminate when their window is closed or when the ignition is switched off or within 5 seconds of FlashScan being disconnected. That is a safety/sanity feature built into the PCM by GM.

The only permanent settings are those that are reflashed into the PCM by the Tunung Tool.

Regards
Paul