PDA

View Full Version : 06 gmc envoy p12 pcm issue

cyclerage
May 16th, 2013, 08:01 AM
i need help, read and saved the original tune. made a few changes, resaved it then linked back up the licence the pcm. next went to load file and now its telling me ''error, bootloader reject'', missing calibration file.
at this point i cant re-read the pcm, load a file or anything. even if i check staus it says missing cali file. ive tried doing it on alt keys and low speed.

what next?
thx

Blacky
May 16th, 2013, 11:24 AM
i need help, read and saved the original tune. made a few changes, resaved it then linked back up the licence the pcm. next went to load file and now its telling me ''error, bootloader reject'', missing calibration file.
at this point i cant re-read the pcm, load a file or anything. even if i check staus it says missing cali file. ive tried doing it on alt keys and low speed.

what next?
thx

Installed the latest software from here: https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133
And try reading/flashing using the V8 software.

Regards
Paul

cyclerage
May 16th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I spoke with chuck cow earlier and he recommended the same. Hope it works. Thanks!

cyclerage
May 19th, 2013, 01:20 AM
no luck, looks like pcm is dead. wont connect at all. V2 cant even show pcm details

Chevy366
May 19th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Disconnect the battery negative terminal (last resort), if the vehicle will start start it and then try again, don't know why the P12 acts up sometimes.
Make sure and have the P12 PCM selected as the type of PCM (sometimes the V2 reverts to no PCM type).
Have never had any trouble flashing any P12 other than you have to do a dance sometimes with key on and off.

cyclerage
May 19th, 2013, 05:31 AM
i tried pulling the bat a few times, no change. the other day I was getting ( no clac file), today im getting no pcm found, no ses light (light for a few seconds but shuts off), stil wont crank, run, etc
ive tried reading it with v7.5, calc flach & full flash. On v8 I tried reading & clac flash, wont evn give me the option to full flash on v8

cyclerage
May 19th, 2013, 05:34 AM
ive checked all the fuses. I do have power at the aldl. I can pull all the codes from the other modules using just the V2, everything is non-comuncation codes from me clearing them the other day.
am i correct in assuming the pcm needs to be reflashed with a tech2?

Chevy366
May 19th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Not necessarily, if you can get the V2 to communicate you can do a full flash of the old .tun and be fine.
I had this happen one time, scared me, I did a key off, unhooked from the PCM and reconnected, got com and full flashed, everything was fine after that.
Did you try a flash and it fail while flashing? I have recovered from that too, same thing disconnected from PCM key off, reconnected and got com, and full flashed, everything was fine.
Odd it just wigged out after licensing of the PCM.

cyclerage
May 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
so, key off but leave the battery still hooked up and unplug the connextors from the pcm?

Chevy366
May 20th, 2013, 06:08 AM
Did you you do bootblock update when you updated, that can cause a cal error.
No, do not take connections loose from PCM without taking negative terminal off first.
I mean key off, disconnect the cable of the V2 then reattach the the V2 and key back on to the second position just before start.
Then try and see if the Full Flash option is present.
I have recovered from this before on a P12.

HellKnightHicks
December 31st, 2014, 09:11 AM
So I had the same thing happen to me. Im sitting in one right now it keeps flashing stablitrack off. I attempted to do a full reflash as sugested.

Just keeps saying Stabilitrack is off in the cluster....

So i powered off and tried again.

Says Service Stabilitrack on the screen.

Pulled fuse and it starts erases ECM and then begins flash. But EFI live

EFI live repeats retrying previous block.....

HellKnightHicks
December 31st, 2014, 12:40 PM
That was with V7 software i will try again with V8 software in a day or so.

It was the latest version though... I had modified some DTC's is really the only reason i was in the tuning software... do you guys think that V7 is the reason for the flashing issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Chevy366
January 2nd, 2015, 06:20 AM
I answered your PM. Never had an issue with the Stabilitrack causing an error before, you did right by pulling fuse I would think.
Like I said in the PM the P12s are a strange breed, and can be temperamental some times.
Again clear your Config files on the V2 controller and reinstall with the newer ones.

HellKnightHicks
January 2nd, 2015, 07:56 AM
How do you clear the config files? I havent changed anything on the V2 controller.

So you think i can salvage it then...? It did accept the boot loader.

No it doesnt start.

Chevy366
January 2nd, 2015, 11:11 AM
Go to "EFILive Explorer" with controller plugged into desktop/laptop, click on tab marked "F9: Config Files" and "Format Config", then close that and open EFILive Scan and Tune>F5: BBX and do the setup for P12 again> "Program", "Config file" gets rewritten. Try again.

If there a faster way/less steps to do this, if anyone knows please post it here.

As long as EFILive can see it it is probably recoverable with a "Full Flash", has to have complete OS before you can do "Calibration only".

Bench Harness -- http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Bench%20Harness%20Tutorial.pdf

(EFILive Staff) On the Harness, if it denotes 4&8 on a pin out, that means 4 on the V2 to 8 on the PCM correct ?

HellKnightHicks
January 2nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
Between the fuses and the config stuff that did it.

Is there any way to load all of the config files using the SD card? Apparently my flash and scan couldn't handle the full load that's selected by default.

Thx for the help

joecar
January 3rd, 2015, 02:47 AM

(EFILive Staff) On the Harness, if it denotes 4&8 on a pin out, that means 4 on the V2 to 8 on the PCM correct ?No...

"4 & 8" means: pins 4 and 8 on the same connector.

joecar
January 3rd, 2015, 02:48 AM

Is there any way to load all of the config files using the SD card? Apparently my flash and scan couldn't handle the full load that's selected by default.

Thx for the helpNot on the SD card...

Delete any config files for ECM's that you do not use.

Chevy366
January 3rd, 2015, 06:50 AM
No...

"4 & 8" means: pins 4 and 8 o the same connector.
Thanks joe.

Chevy366
January 3rd, 2015, 06:57 AM

Thx for the help

No problem, we are all in this together. ;-)

Those darn P12s can be a PITA.

Oops forgot to tell you not to select all, there is a bar at the bottom that shows current percentage of space left it has to be under 100% obviously, you have to remove parameters to achieve that as you found out.