PDA

View Full Version : Update: May 20, 2013

Blacky
May 20th, 2013, 12:56 PM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:

This latest software update requires updated USB drivers (V2.08.28). You cannot use this version of the software with older versions of the USB drivers.
If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS.

Download here:

http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.232_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.226_Setup.exe

Updates:

V7

[*=1]LS1 controllers no longer appear locked when attempting to read/flash.
[*=1]Enabled GM.EOPS PID for all controllers - even though on stock F-bodies that PID will not return valid data.
[*=1]*.cax files for some older controllers (such as the LS1) can now have user calibrations defined in the operating system area. Customers who choose to modify the OS area do so at their own risk. A new Property is available: Properties->Options->"Allow *.cax files to modify OS memory for some controllers" that can be used to suppress the warning message.

V8

[*=1]Custom units symbol name is now saved and loaded correctly in the BBX window.
[*=1]Custom units and alarms are preserved during PID copy/paste operations.
[*=1]PID selection order is preserved in BBX PID selection window.
[*=1]Fixed "Error $0101" error on splash screen test button in EFILive Explorer.
[*=1]VIN licenses are now automatically backed up to \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Backups whenever a controller is read or flashed in pass-thru mode.
[*=1]Allow BBX and Scan windows to be made smaller without hiding the search text box.
[*=1]USB 3.0 ports are now supported correctly.
[*=1]E92 read and flash options are now supported.
[*=1]Installing old drivers via EFILive_USBManager is not supported if V8.2.2.225 or later is installed (or if V7.5.7.231 or later is installed)

Firmware

[*=1]Fixed "Record All Diags" option to include freeze frames.
[*=1]Fixed System Readiness Test results to display supported/not supported as well as the usual ready/not ready status.

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

[*=1]When View->Small Buttons is active, the "space available" indicator at the bottom of the [F5: BBX] window is missing. Workaround: deactivate the View->Small Buttons (Fixed in the next update).
[*=1]Custom units are lost when opening or reading the Options.txt file in the BBX window. (Fixed in the next update).
[*=1]Access Violation error may occur when reading the Options.txt file from FLashScan/AutoCal. (Fixed in the next update).
[*=1]Black Box Logging shows corrupted display when retrieving SRT results . (Fixed in the next update).
[*=1]PID DTCFRZF shows as <0002> in LS1 (and some other VPW controllers') freeze frame displays . (Fixed in the next update).

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 232
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 226
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.41 (May 20, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Downloaded and checking it out now!

FYI, I looked at the V8 supported ECMs and there are 32 supported PCM/ECMs. I know ~8-10 are read and/or flash only, but still that's an impressive number! Plus 7 TCMs...

GMPX
May 20th, 2013, 02:02 PM
FYI, I looked at the V8 supported ECMs and there are 32 supported PCM/ECMs.
Like kids, of that whole group there is a couple of them that give us the most trouble too :rotflmao:

Rhino79
May 20th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Well so much for the E92 being super encrypted and unbreakable, awesome job guys!

rennat_2006
May 20th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Does this update lock the dpf and egr functions on the diesels? Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, i searched and found mention of this in past updates but no mention anywhere on this one.

superwagon
May 20th, 2013, 03:24 PM
They said they will make it clear when the restrictions are implemented.

GMPX
May 20th, 2013, 03:40 PM
We have primarily been working on new gas stuff this year so the Diesel calibrations have not been regenerated with the USA emissions defeat blocks, but it is still coming, you will be warned when that release happens.

ScarabEpic22
May 20th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Like kids, of that whole group there is a couple of them that give us the most trouble too :rotflmao:

P10, early V6 stuff, and some other unsupported ECMs? :D

GMPX
May 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM
No, I meant the stuff from Germany

shay
May 20th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Hi
I made firmware update tp efilive V2 and now the efilive program not recognize the V2 .
I work with win xp
The v2 work good and the PC recognize the v2 hardware
I got message : No device connected.
Please connect a FlashScan or AutoCal USB device.
If a device is connected, ensure it is not being used by another application such as the EFILive V7.5 Scan
Thanks
shay

VTuner
May 20th, 2013, 11:34 PM

Ross preparing for another day working on Bosch controllers...:hihi:

GMPX
May 21st, 2013, 12:41 AM
No, more like this YouTube classic when a Bosch ECM is on the bench (never did find where they hid that camera in my office)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zuhk2j4vCs

joecar
May 21st, 2013, 03:14 AM
Paul, thanks.

Ross, lol, thanks.

:cheers:

ScarabEpic22
May 21st, 2013, 05:37 AM

I should have clarified, I meant to say the E55, E69, E77 Bosch stuff that's read/flash only.

Ive definitely had those days where you want to throw the PC off the roof.

Lennart
May 21st, 2013, 07:27 AM
I was unaware this video of myself made it that far :damnit1:

Grüße aus Deutschland....do I need to translate?!

joecar
May 21st, 2013, 08:49 AM
V8 S&T build 226: on the BBx window, the used space bargraph at the bottom (next to the pidlist channel bargraph) is now gone.

Blacky
May 21st, 2013, 08:54 AM
V8 S&T build 226: on the BBx window, the used space bargraph at the bottom (next to the pidlist channel bargraph) is now gone.
Do you have "Small Buttons" set in the View menu?
It is missing (i.e. a bug) when you have that set.
Regards
Paul

joecar
May 21st, 2013, 10:19 AM
Do you have "Small Buttons" set in the View menu?
It is missing (i.e. a bug) when you have that set.
Regards
PaulYes, I have small buttons.

ATPCummins
May 21st, 2013, 10:40 AM
Just downloaded the latest software. I don't see the "see dealer" timer in the 6.7L cummins tunes. Is this timer already maxed out and just not displayed?

VTuner
May 21st, 2013, 10:53 AM
So I just tried updating from the April 23 public release to the May 20 update - Windows 7 Pro machine. When I connected my V2 it said to update the bootblock and firmware, but it did not list my current bootblock or firmware. I tried the update on another machine (Windows 8) before updating anything and got the same issue, so against my better judgment I told it to update the bootblock. It proceeded to start the update, and my V2 is now in deadpoll mode but it will not allow me to update the firmware. What should I do to recover, install the April 23 software again?15094

VTuner
May 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM
Going back to the April 23 release did not help. So, after I update the bootblock it just reports $0101 device not responsive.

GMPX
May 21st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Just downloaded the latest software. I don't see the "see dealer" timer in the 6.7L cummins tunes. Is this timer already maxed out and just not displayed?

Cummins cal files have not been updated, the additional test parameters are only available in the beta section releases

cindy@efilive
May 21st, 2013, 12:08 PM

Hi Lennart,

Ross and I were going through some old Duramax stuff last week and we came across some of your emails from like 4 or 5 years ago and commented that we hadn't heard from you in a long time. Glad to see you are still around and posting.

Cheers
Cindy

GMPX
May 21st, 2013, 12:34 PM

No need to translate, Google can do that for us, but I'd love to know what that kid is yelling about in a short summary, must have been bad what ever he's computer was doing.

Blacky
May 21st, 2013, 01:38 PM
and my V2 is now in deadpoll mode but it will not allow me to update the firmware

If the two orange LEDs are flashing its in deadpoll and the boot block is ok.
If the EFILive control panel does not show the boot block version number then there is a USB comms issue between the PC and the V2, that needs to be fixed first.
It is possibly a USB driver issue.

Regards
Paul

shay
May 22nd, 2013, 05:00 AM
Hi
After I update the Firmware I got message No device connected.
win xp 32
boot block 2.07.04
I try another PC same .
I try 'deadpoll' mode (two orange LEDs is flashing)- same.
In Device Manager there is no problem with the V2 Driver It's look good , I try to uninstall USB driver and install without success.
Can You help me???

No device connected.
Please connect a FlashScan or AutoCal USB device.
If a device is connected, ensure it is not being used by another application such as the EFILive V7.5 Scan or Tune Software.
Thanks
shay

joecar
May 22nd, 2013, 06:52 AM
Paul,

The V2 readiness states now have their formatting all jumbled up.

draftee
May 22nd, 2013, 07:10 AM
Re: No device connected

I ended up unstalling v7.5 and v8 completely. Then reinstalled software and updates. Knock on wood, everything seems to be working now. If all else fails, you may want to try this ...

shay
May 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
QUOTE=draftee;191756]Re: No device connected

I ended up unstalling v7.5 and v8 completely. Then reinstalled software and updates. Knock on wood, everything seems to be working now. If all else fails, you may want to try this ...[/QUOTE]

Thanks
I tried it's not work.
In the Device Manager I think the Drivers looks good

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
QUOTE=draftee;191756]Re: No device connected

I ended up unstalling v7.5 and v8 completely. Then reinstalled software and updates. Knock on wood, everything seems to be working now. If all else fails, you may want to try this ...

Thanks
I tried it's not work.
[/QUOTE]

The device name in the USB list is not correct. It says "USB Serial Converter". That is not FlashScan. The entry for FlashScan will show as "EFILive FlashScan V2".
The driver that you have highlighted is for another device using the same FTDI chipset. It may even be for FlashScan but using the generic (USB serial converter) drivers instead of the EFILive supplied customized D2XX drivers.

I recommend uninstalling the FTDI drivers like this:

Disconnect EFILive
Run the program: \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A0, then click [Add].
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A1, then click [Add].
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A2, then click [Add].
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A3, then click [Add].
Then click [Remove Devices].

Then reconnect EFILive and when the "Installing USB drivers" balloon appears in the system tray, click on it and select "Skip obtaining drivers from Windows update".

Then go into the device manager and locate FlashScan. It will probably be highlighted with a yellow tag indicating it doesn't have a driver. It may not even be in the USB section.
Right click on it and select install (or update) drivers. Choose to locate the drivers yourself and navigate to the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 and click [Install] or [Ok]

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 22nd, 2013, 11:25 AM
V8 S&T, BBx: reading Options.txt file seems to wipe out custom units (it wipes out the selected custom units and the factor/offset).

joecar
May 22nd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Reading BBx config from V2 causes access violations:

first this one:

---------------------------
Error
Access violation at address 0082EC3A in module 'EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe'. Read of address 00000000
OK

and then several of these:

EFILive Scan and Tune
Access violation at address 0040B2E6 in module 'EFILive_ScanAndTune.exe'. Write of address 00826168.
OK

joecar
May 22nd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Paul,

The V2 readiness states now have their formatting all jumbled up.

2.7.41.When viewing the readiness monitors on the V2 LCD, the formatting is jumbled up (strange characters, labels repeated in column fashion).

When viewing Freeze Frames on the V2 LCD, it looks like that any whitespace characters are replaced with either up-arrow or down-arrow characters (this was actually happening previously a long time ago).

When reading all diagnostics to file, the file content looks good, see attached.

In the freeze frame data, the field labelled <0002> appears to be the DTC.

joecar
May 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
EE: see time/date box:

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 12:51 PM

first this one:

Do you still have the Options.txt file on the V2 that is causing the problem?
Can you copy it from V2 using Explorer and send it to me.

Cahnces are its an older format Options.txt file and the newer software is barfing on some of the old formatting.
If I can get hold of the file I can see which formatting is causing the problem.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM
V8 S&T, BBx: reading Options.txt file seems to wipe out custom units (it wipes out the selected custom units and the factor/offset).

Thanks Joe,

The BBX window is incorrectly saving the custom units like this:
"Y:::°F:1:1.800000:32.000000:N"
it should have been like this:
Y::°F:1:1.800000:32.000000:N
i.e. one less colon between Y and °F.

Fixed in next update.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 02:42 PM

first this one:

Thanks Joe,
Fixed in next update.
Paul

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 02:43 PM
EE: see time/date box:

I can't control the spaces, its a Windows date format thing. Not sure why/how it changed. It is changed on my system here as well.
I've made the field larger until I can figure out where the spaces are coming from.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 02:50 PM
When viewing the readiness monitors on the V2 LCD, the formatting is jumbled up (strange characters, labels repeated in column fashion).

Fixed in next update.

When viewing Freeze Frames on the V2 LCD, it looks like that any whitespace characters are replaced with either up-arrow or down-arrow characters (this was actually happening previously a long time ago).

I can't reproduce what you describe. I do remember something similar a long time ago.
Can you give me more exact steps on trying to reproduce it.

When reading all diagnostics to file, the file content looks good, see attached.

In the freeze frame data, the field labelled <0002> appears to be the DTC.

Yes PID PRN=$0002 is the DTC that caused the freeze frame to be stored.
Anytime a freeze frame stores a PID that EFILive has not defined for the target controller, then it is displayed as <xxxx> where xxxx is the PID's PRN (Parameter Reference Number).

It is defined for the E38, it is not defined for the LS1. I presume you're seeing <0002> when viewing LS1 freeze frames.
I'll add it into all controller that it is missing from.

Regards
Paul

shay
May 22nd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Thanks
I tried it's not work.

The device name in the USB list is not correct. It says "USB Serial Converter". That is not FlashScan. The entry for FlashScan will show as "EFILive FlashScan V2".
The driver that you have highlighted is for another device using the same FTDI chipset. It may even be for FlashScan but using the generic (USB serial converter) drivers instead of the EFILive supplied customized D2XX drivers.

I recommend uninstalling the FTDI drivers like this:

Disconnect EFILive
Run the program: \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A0, then click [Add].
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A1, then click [Add].
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A2, then click [Add].
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403 and the Product ID as E4A3, then click [Add].
Then click [Remove Devices].

Then reconnect EFILive and when the "Installing USB drivers" balloon appears in the system tray, click on it and select "Skip obtaining drivers from Windows update".

Then go into the device manager and locate FlashScan. It will probably be highlighted with a yellow tag indicating it doesn't have a driver. It may not even be in the USB section.
Right click on it and select install (or update) drivers. Choose to locate the drivers yourself and navigate to the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8 and click [Install] or [Ok]

Regards
Paul[/QUOTE]

Thanks

I got message Failed to remove device.
I try to install the Drivers via update drivers from USB Serial Converter I use link Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8
Its not work.
I try to Skip obtaining drivers without success

Thanks
shay
I work with XP 3215108
Thanks
shay

Blacky
May 22nd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Close all EFILive applications.
Run the program:
\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\FT_Prog_v1.12\FT_P ROG.exe
(it can take a while for it to start, about 10-20 seconds)

Select the menu option Devices->Scan and Parse.
Let me know if you see the following information exactly as shown in the image below.
(The LocID will most likely be different - that's just the ID of the USB port into which FlashScan is plugged)

Regards
Paul

shay
May 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
Close all EFILive applications.
Run the program:
\Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\FT_Prog_v1.12\FT_P ROG.exe
(it can take a while for it to start, about 10-20 seconds)

Select the menu option Devices->Scan and Parse.
Let me know if you see the following information exactly as shown in the image below.
(The LocID will most likely be different - that's just the ID of the USB port into which FlashScan is plugged)

Regards
Paul

Hi thanks
It's look same
Thanks
shay

shay
May 23rd, 2013, 12:47 AM
Thnks paul for yours help.
I did System Restore and now it's good.

I have other question: why the LML E86 is not on the list of the tune?
Do you think in the future EFILive will support LGH ??
Thnks
shay

Blacky
May 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Thnks paul for yours help.
I did System Restore and now it's good.

I have other question: why the LML E86 is not on the list of the tune?
Do you think in the future EFILive will support LGH ??
Thnks
shay

The LML E86 is supported for flashing only in the V8 software.
It is not possible to read the contents of the E86 via the OBDII port.

I presume the LGH use an E86 the same as the LML, if so then it will be supported the same as the E86 (flashing only).

Regards
Paul

shay
May 23rd, 2013, 04:52 PM
The LML E86 is supported for flashing only in the V8 software.
It is not possible to read the contents of the E86 via the OBDII port.

I presume the LGH use an E86 the same as the LML, if so then it will be supported the same as the E86 (flashing only).

Regards
Paul

How it's work?
1. You will send me the modified or Stock cal file for the E86 and I flashing via OBD-II ??
2. What is the price for flashing one ECM?

Blacky
May 23rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
How it's work?
1. You will send me the modified or Stock cal file for the E86 and I flashing via OBD-II ??

No, we do not supply stock or modified cals for E86.

The tuners that are using EFILive's flashing option for E86 extract the calibration from the E86 by reading the flash chips directly from the E86 using a dedicated hardware interface.
EFILive provides and import facility to import the 3 raw binary files that are produced by that dedicated hardware interface.

The import option is available in the V8 software under [F8: Tools] -> [F3: Import]

Flashing an ECM requires a single VIN license. Each VIN license costs USD 125.
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_EFILive.tpl&product_id=23&category_id=13&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Regards
Paul

cindy@efilive
May 23rd, 2013, 05:12 PM
How it's work?

Further to Paul's post, you will find a detailed write up on how LML will work with our software, and the challenges it presents to tuners in our March newsletter.

Here is the link http://myemail.constantcontact.com/EFILive-March-Newsletter.html?soid=1109942844716&aid=mP_ob71EhBE

Cheers
Cindy

shay
May 23rd, 2013, 09:56 PM
Can I buy Stream license for A86?

GMPX
May 23rd, 2013, 10:26 PM
No, there is no stream for the E86 ECM.

Blacky
May 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
New Update posted here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22662-Update-May-25-2013&p=191937#post191937

Regards
Paul