PDA

View Full Version : Update: May 25, 2013

Blacky
May 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:

This latest software update requires updated USB drivers (V2.08.28). You cannot use this version of the software with older versions of the USB drivers.
If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS.

Download here:

http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.233_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.227_Setup.exe

Updates:

V7

[*=1]None.

V8

[*=1]On BBX window the "Space Available" meter disappeared when View->Small Buttons was active.
[*=1]Saving a BBX configuration file would cause the custom units for PIDs to be lost.
[*=1]Access Violation could occur when reading a BBX configuration file from Disk or from a FlashScan/AutoCal device.

Firmware

[*=1]Fixed corrupt "System Readiness Tests" result display.

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 233
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 227
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.04 (Dec 12, 2011)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.42 (May 25, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

Duramax 6.6L
May 24th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Thank you for the update

Chavez91
May 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Trying to read my 5 speed Allison tune... It gets to the "Trying MFG Key" then I get "ERROR: $0331"

Blacky
May 27th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Trying to read my 5 speed Allison tune... It gets to the "Trying MFG Key" then I get "ERROR: $0331"

Try reading with the "Try Alt Keys" and/or "Assume Lock is Faulty" check boxes checked.

Regards
Paul

zfuller123
May 29th, 2013, 01:33 PM
having issues after bench reading an LMM in v8. after 15 second countdown, get an error saying merge error... "...\program files...\v8\merge\...." can't find merge.cmz or something like that. Trying a clean install right now running as administrator again.

2007 5.9
May 29th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Couldn't open V7.5 Tune Tool with V2 plugged in for a LONG time after install. Now after a shutdown and restart it opens fine...FYI.

wesam
May 29th, 2013, 04:36 PM
OK I update the software to the latest version
I Pulled the tune from 2013 V6 Camaro E39A ECM yesterday
I had a strange problem after pulling the tune file i uploaded the file twice to the car after some modifications then i could not open the file using V7.5 even i tried to read the file which i uploaded to the car then save it and open it via V7.5 but an error message shown that its a bad file format i attached the screen shot
by the way I still could open the first file i pulled from car and the second file i modified but not the third one

Blacky
May 30th, 2013, 09:29 AM
OK I update the software to the latest version
I Pulled the tune from 2013 V6 Camaro E39A ECM yesterday
I had a strange problem after pulling the tune file i uploaded the file twice to the car after some modifications then i could not open the file using V7.5 even i tried to read the file which i uploaded to the car then save it and open it via V7.5 but an error message shown that its a bad file format i attached the screen shot
by the way I still could open the first file i pulled from car and the second file i modified but not the third one

The calibration in that ECM is not properly supported by the EFILive software yet. We will complete support for it in the next major update.

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 30th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Came across an unsupported E78 and T76 today, should I email the files to support AT efilive.com?

Blacky
May 30th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Came across an unsupported E78 and T76 today, should I email the files to support AT efilive.com?

Yes please.
Regards
Paul

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 02:47 PM

Read All Diagnostics

the Freeze Frames are missing again, compare attached files...

DTC_1547.txt: 2.7.41
DTC_1558.txt: 2.7.42

Also, in the saved file the monitors supported and monitor states being split into two groups is good...

but when viewing the monitors on the V2 LCD is there a way of making it more compact (e.g. as in a previous version: ready, pending, n/a)...?

Blacky
May 30th, 2013, 03:12 PM

Read All Diagnostics

the Freeze Frames are missing again, compare attached files...

DTC_1547.txt: 2.7.41
DTC_1558.txt: 2.7.42

Also, in the saved file the monitors supported and monitor states being split into two groups is good...

but when viewing the monitors on the V2 LCD is there a way of making it more compact (e.g. as in a previous version: ready, pending, n/a)...?

That's weird that the FF are missing again :( I'll check it out.

The SRT results must show "Complete" for tests that are not supported (the "Not Supported" part is optional). That means the testing technician only has to see all tests showing as "Complete" regardless of whether they are supported or not. I guess CARB thought it was too complicated to get a testing technician to check whether a test is supported or not - sigh!!!

No real way to display both values on one line - especially on AutoCal.

But I would rather report it the compact way, I'll see if I can come up with something...

Regards
Paul
Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
May 30th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Yes please.
Regards
Paul

Sent.

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 07:58 PM

The SRT results must show "Complete" for tests that are not supported (the "Not Supported" part is optional). That means the testing technician only has to see all tests showing as "Complete" regardless of whether they are supported or not. I guess CARB thought it was too complicated to get a testing technician to check whether a test is supported or not - sigh!!!

No real way to display both values on one line - especially on AutoCal.

...So the unsupported ones are always ready...

so actually there are 4 states (of which one is not legal).

Yes, the hard part is designing sutiable abbreviated display labels to fit the V2/AC LCD...
[ e.g. RDY (ready/supported), PND (pending/supported), CMP (complete/unsupported), INC (incomplete/unsupported) ]

But note: in the "Read All Diags" saved file, do leave them grouped separately, that has its own special value (when looking at C6001, C6002 in the tune file).

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 08:04 PM

Read CVN, Read All Diags:

The CVN's are showing up as zeros, see attached.

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Also, for an unsupported OS, the CVN's part number reads as zero (but this doesn't really matter, unless it's a bug), see attached:

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 08:14 PM

Freeze Frame funny characters on V2 LCD (up-arrows, down-arrows), see attached:

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
continuing...

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Also notice that in the DTC txt file the date is wrong (off by one month)... I did Set Now in HAPI.

Blacky
May 31st, 2013, 09:18 AM

Hi Joe,

I can't make the CVN's show up as zero on my test LS1 here. Can you make them show zero on yours there, then save a trace file and send me the trace file, thanks?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 31st, 2013, 09:21 AM

Freeze Frame funny characters on V2 LCD (up-arrows, down-arrows), see attached:

That appears to be a bug related to the last displayed format of the PIDs during BBL.
If you last had the PID values set to display in large font (toggled using Ctrl+Enter during data logging) then the FF display will try unsuccessfully to turn on/off large fonts (which is what those up/down arrows characters are).

I will get that fixed asap.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 31st, 2013, 09:23 AM
Also notice that in the DTC txt file the date is wrong (off by one month)... I did Set Now in HAPI.

The dates show up correctly on my test system here.

I presume you meant the "Set Now" option in EFILive Explorer (not HAPI)?
The date/time stored in the file should be within a few seconds of the file's actual date/time stamp.

Can you double check that setting the date correctly still causes the wrong date to be stored in the file?

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 31st, 2013, 09:26 AM
Also, for an unsupported OS, the CVN's part number reads as zero (but this doesn't really matter, unless it's a bug), see attached:

It should not show as zero - that would be a bug. What controller was that CVN display taken from?
Can you make that happen again? If so can you save a trace file and send it to me thanks.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
May 31st, 2013, 10:01 AM
So the unsupported ones are always ready...

so actually there are 4 states (of which one is not legal).

Yes, the hard part is designing sutiable abbreviated display labels to fit the V2/AC LCD...
[ e.g. RDY (ready/supported), PND (pending/supported), CMP (complete/unsupported), INC (incomplete/unsupported) ]

Its actually a little more complicated than that.

There are two monitors: MONDTC and MONDRIVE.

For MONDTC, each of the tests can report: ("SUP=YES" or "SUP=NO") and ("RDY=YES" or "RDY=NO")
SUP mean supported, RDY means ready.

For MONDRIVE, each of the tests can report: ("ENA=YES" or "ENA=NO") and ("CMP=YES" or "CMP=NO")
ENA means Enabled, CMP means completed

If a test is not supported (via MONDTC) it must report as follows:
SUP=NO
RDY=YES
ENA=YES or NO
CMP=YES

that means there is only one display option for MONDTC:
SUP=NO,RDY=YES
and two display options for MONDRIVE
ENA=YES,CMP=YES
ENA=NO,CMP=YES

If a test is supported (via MONDTC) it must report as follows:
SUP=YES
RDY=YES or NO
ENA=YES or NO
CMP=YES or NO

that means there are two display options for MONDTC:
SUP=YES,RDY=YES
SUP=YES,RDY=NO

and four display options for MONDRIVE
ENA=YES,CMP=YES
ENA=NO,CMP=YES
ENA=YES,CMP=NO
ENA=NO,CMP=NO

Regards
Paul

joecar
May 31st, 2013, 11:46 AM
Hi Joe,

I can't make the CVN's show up as zero on my test LS1 here. Can you make them show zero on yours there, then save a trace file and send me the trace file, thanks?

Regards
PaulOk, will do over the weekend.

joecar
May 31st, 2013, 11:48 AM

The date/time stored in the file should be within a few seconds of the file's actual date/time stamp.

Can you double check that setting the date correctly still causes the wrong date to be stored in the file?

Regards
PaulYes, Set Now in EE...

ok, I'll double check.

joecar
May 31st, 2013, 11:49 AM
That appears to be a bug related to the last displayed format of the PIDs during BBL.
If you last had the PID values set to display in large font (toggled using Ctrl+Enter during data logging) then the FF display will try unsuccessfully to turn on/off large fonts (which is what those up/down arrows characters are).

I will get that fixed asap.

Regards
PaulYes, I always use Large font in BBL... lol, I have to.

joecar
May 31st, 2013, 11:55 AM
It should not show as zero - that would be a bug. What controller was that CVN display taken from?
Can you make that happen again? If so can you save a trace file and send it to me thanks.

Regards
PaulThe controller is part # 12209624 from a 2002 Grand Am 3.4L V6 (unsupported), and the OS is 12217063 (unsupported).

Ok, I'll save the trace.

joecar
May 31st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Its actually a little more complicated than that.

There are two monitors: MONDTC and MONDRIVE.

For MONDTC, each of the tests can report: ("SUP=YES" or "SUP=NO") and ("RDY=YES" or "RDY=NO")
SUP mean supported, RDY means ready.

For MONDRIVE, each of the tests can report: ("ENA=YES" or "ENA=NO") and ("CMP=YES" or "CMP=NO")
ENA means Enabled, CMP means completed

If a test is not supported (via MONDTC) it must report as follows:
SUP=NO
RDY=YES
ENA=YES or NO
CMP=YES

that means there is only one display option for MONDTC:
SUP=NO,RDY=YES
and two display options for MONDRIVE
ENA=YES,CMP=YES
ENA=NO,CMP=YES

If a test is supported (via MONDTC) it must report as follows:
SUP=YES
RDY=YES or NO
ENA=YES or NO
CMP=YES or NO

that means there are two display options for MONDTC:
SUP=YES,RDY=YES
SUP=YES,RDY=NO

and four display options for MONDRIVE
ENA=YES,CMP=YES
ENA=NO,CMP=YES
ENA=YES,CMP=NO
ENA=NO,CMP=NO

Regards
PaulWow... CARB overdid the complexity.

Blacky
May 31st, 2013, 01:54 PM
Wow... CARB overdid the complexity.
Yes indeed.

Back when we started, the original SAE-J1979 spec scan tool reporting was only 25 pages :(
The latest SAE-J1979 spec for is now 221 pages.

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
May 31st, 2013, 04:49 PM
Still having issues opening v7.5 tune tool with v2 plugged in.

Won't open, just sits with status bar at full green but never opens.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/01/e9y5uvad.jpg

blazin dmax
June 1st, 2013, 06:02 AM

Won't open, just sits with status bar at full green but never opens.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/06/01/e9y5uvad.jpg

im having the same issue. and if i open v7.5 tune tool then plug my v2 in and try to read or flash my truck. it gives me an error and says to check that all cables are connected correctly and try again. but still never works.

Blacky
June 1st, 2013, 05:33 PM

Won't open, just sits with status bar at full green but never opens.

With no EFILive software running, edit the registry using regedit and delete EFILive's MRU key as shown in the image below.
That will clear the list of "most recently used" files and when EFILive starts up it will not try and load any files.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 1st, 2013, 05:35 PM
im having the same issue. and if i open v7.5 tune tool then plug my v2 in and try to read or flash my truck. it gives me an error and says to check that all cables are connected correctly and try again. but still never works.

Make sure you have the latest USB drivers installed. See this posts for more info:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22447-FlashScan-AutoCal-USB-Drivers-IMPORTANT-INFORMATION

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
With no EFILive software running, edit the registry using regedit and delete EFILive's MRU key as shown in the image below.
That will clear the list of "most recently used" files and when EFILive starts up it will not try and load any files.

Regards
Paul

Tried it and no results. Still fails t open with V2 connected.

Blacky
June 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
Tried it and no results. Still fails t open with V2 connected.

Are you absolutely certain that the latest USB drivers are installed for FlashScan V2?
You can check using Windows device manager, with FlashScan connected...

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
Yes sir...

Blacky
June 3rd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Can you activate startup-logging in the V7 software by changing the "EFILive Tune Tool" desktop shortcut (right click on it and select Properties) to have " /l" (that's space, forward-slash, lowercase L) at the end of the Target item, like this:

Then re-run the V7 software and after it stops, locate the StartupLog.txt file in the \Program files\EFILive\V7.5 folder and send it to me at paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Sent...I tried one with v2 plugged in but obviously that didn't work.

So it's a log of just 7.5 opening.

Hope that helps you. I'm up for another hour or so if you still need assistance Paul.

Blacky
June 3rd, 2013, 03:01 PM
Sent...I tried one with v2 plugged in but obviously that didn't work.

So it's a log of just 7.5 opening.

Hope that helps you. I'm up for another hour or so if you still need assistance Paul.

I need to see the log file that is created when the startup hangs.
The log file should still be created/updated even if the software hangs.
i.e. While the software is hanging, send the startuplog.txt file - it should show me where the software is hanging

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Stand by

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
Paul...you have mail.

Blacky
June 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM
Hi Les,

When you successfully start up EFILive without FlashScan connected, then connect FlashScan, does FlashScan operate normally?
If for example, you select the "Help->FlashScan V2/AutoCal V2 VIN licensing" menu option, does it display the correct information - or does it hang?

If possible, can you try installing the V7 software on a different PC and see if that hangs also?
That will hopefully pinpoint the problem to either the PC setup or the FlashScan device.

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 3rd, 2013, 09:59 PM
Paul,

I'll test tonight as I'm headed out the door to work now.

2007 5.9
June 4th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Paul,

I opened 7.5, plug in V2, click help, click on licensing, ..works fine...UNTIL I go to close the license screen..hangs there until i unplug the V2.

Blacky
June 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Paul,

I opened 7.5, plug in V2, click help, click on licensing, ..works fine...UNTIL I go to close the license screen..hangs there until i unplug the V2.

It is most likely a driver issue. It may be worth completely uninstalling the drivers and re-installing.
With all EFILive software closed and with FlashScan connected do this:

Run the program: \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
Enter the Vendor ID as 0403
Enter the Product ID as E4A0 and click [Add].
Enter the Product ID as E4A1 and click [Add].
Enter the Product ID as E4A2 and click [Add].
Enter the Product ID as E4A3 and click [Add].
Click [Remove Devices]

It takes about 10-20 seconds to remove all the drivers, then click [Cancel] to close the window.
Unplug FlashScan

Reboot your PC and make sure you log in to an account that has admin privileges.
Wait until Windows has fully booted, then reconnect FlashScan.

It should indicate that no drivers could be found/installed for FlashScan.

Start Windows Device Manager - right click on "My Computer" (or "Computer") and select "Properties".
Select Device Manager and locate the "EFILive FlashScan V2" entry.
Right click on it and select "Update Driver".

Select the option where you get to choose the folder in which the drivers are located.
Select the folder: \Program Files\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7-8

If that does not help, please try installing the EFILive software on a different Windows PC and if the problem still occurs on that different PC then the problem is most likely with the FlashScan device.
If the problem is not apparent on the other PC, then the problem is probably with the Windows installation on your PC.

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 4th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'll be updating my desktop in a few to see if its my laptop or not

2007 5.9
June 4th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Desktop running XP is fine, no hang ups.

I'll do your driver fix on my laptop running Windows 7

2007 5.9
June 4th, 2013, 03:08 PM
With your directions it says no driver found.

So I'm uninstalling 7.5 and reinstalling it

Blacky
June 4th, 2013, 03:36 PM
A new update has been posted here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22726-Update-June-05-2013&p=192647#post192647

Regards
Paul

joecar
June 5th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Reminder to self:

Hi Joe,

Regards
Paul

Regards
Paul

Regards
Paul

joecar
June 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15194&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1369991212 (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15194&d=1369991212)http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15195&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1369991212 (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15195&d=1369991212)

Here is the trace file for this case (un-supported OS 12217063)

[ remove the .txt extension ]

joecar
June 11th, 2013, 04:28 PM

http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15191&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1369991064 (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15191&d=1369991064) http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15192&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1369991065 (http://forum.efilive.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15192&d=1369991065)

Here is the trace file for this case (supported OS 12212156)

[ remove the .txt extension ]