PDA

View Full Version : LS1B idle issues after full flash

Wheelz
May 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Has anyone else ran into this? I have tuned two different LS1B 5.3l trucks and each time after I full flashed the truck the first time it doesn't want to idle for anything. One truck was mine and it was bone stock. It finally cleared up after a couple days. The second one has an AEM intake, shorty headers and a flowmaster exhaust.

Is it because of a weak battery and the electronic throttle doesnt like that or is a full flash overwriting learned idle values? Both times I diagnosed the problem to the blade closing too far. I have them both running fine now, but I would like to know if anyone knows how to avoid this for the future

Big Mike
May 25th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I have two in the fleet that do the exact same thing and it's normal. One is an an 05 6.0 2500, the other an 06 5.3 1500. The 06 is really bad. It will try to pull through the brakes on deceleration until it fully learns. The 05 just idles real low.

Just disconnecting the battery (for service) wipes out the learned idle to the point that they almost wont run without help. And it can take half a dozen trips to relearn on their own. I have discovered during a drive cycle (5 miles at least) including in a couple downhill deceleration runs (staying in DFCO as long as possible) speeds up the learning process greatly. 2004 and prior never seem to need much to relearn. They do it in a matter of minutes it seems.

Wheelz
May 25th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks. Nice to know its not me doing something wrong