PDA

View Full Version : saw an STS kit

ZL1Killa
March 30th, 2006, 02:31 PM
saw an STS car tonight at the car meet in charlotte,nc. looked at all the piping and checked everything out, the guy hasn't gotten it tuned and my friend is going to help him tune it, it will be his first FI tune car.
My friend has AFR 205 and a F13 cam...dynoed uncorrected 455HP and 430TQ corrected was 443HP and 422TQ.. and it idles nicely. He knows quite a bit and has helped me but it will be his first forced induction car...his name on LS1tech is WS6FirebirdTA00.

now I want to go STS...god it sounds soooooo goood. The piping is a little weird for the STS kit. It sucks how you have to have special subframes to fit the STS piping. Also the piping going back up to the intake from the rear wheel area is a little low....

but I can't wait to see his power...its also a built 370 motor from LME

I'm probably just rambling by now..but I had never seen an STS car in real life.

foff667
March 31st, 2006, 05:10 AM
properly built they can put down serious power & numbers at the track.

TAQuickness
March 31st, 2006, 05:24 AM
I can only imagine the look on a ricers face when they pull up on a rumbling FI'd LSx making use of the BOV...

FI is my next upgrade...

joecar
March 31st, 2006, 06:13 AM
I can only imagine the look on a ricers face when they pull up on a rumbling FI'd LSx making use of the BOV... LoL... :cheers:

ZL1Killa
March 31st, 2006, 05:59 PM
the way that they route the intake plumbing is weird in some areas....the fact that it has to go between the upper radiator hose(by the steering pump) and the steering pump itself is a little crazy, and by the rear wheel ...just seems like there could be something better there.