PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed stand alone question

Nitro Offroad
May 28th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Hi, I'm relatively new to Efi live and this might be a dumb question.......... I put a 5 speed allison behind a 1st gen cummins. I separated the transmission harness from the engine harness. My problem is I need a tps input. The pin is there, but not active. Can I activate the pin with Efi live? Also I have no problem streaming data with my snap-on solus, but I can't with Efi live. I can only get codes. Not sure if I am missing something here or not. I just updated my software so that shouldn't be the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

THEFERMANATOR
May 29th, 2013, 04:50 AM
The ALLISON TCM will normally default to the analog TPS signal once it sees the J1939 throttle signal isn't there. Otherwise you will have to use a PCS XFC and DESTROKED's software to make it convert an analog TPS to a J1939 signal.

Nitro Offroad
May 29th, 2013, 10:22 AM
So what designates whether or not it will revert to typical tps input? Is it just an O.S. difference, or is the circuitry different on some of the ecm's? Any ideas on my inability to see data with Efi live? In the drop down menu I don't see any transmission icons. Is that normal ? As I stated I am very new to this...:)