PDA

View Full Version : B3701 - Injector pulse width voltage adjustment

ferocity02
May 29th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Can this table be tuned? I got this table from FIC with my injectors but I'm not entirely sure if I trust it. It seems to have a significant effect on the fuel trims especially at low pulsewidths. It seems that this table should be one of the "knowns", something that isn't adjusted while tuning. But I could be wrong. I'm having an issue with my fuel trims going max negative on decel because it seems I'm hitting some sort of minimum pulse width around 1.5-1.6ms. They are 60# @ 3bar Bosch injectors. At my voltage, this table is adding around 1ms to my final pulsewidth. If I reduce the whole table, then my fuel trims start going positive.

Any thoughts?

joecar
May 29th, 2013, 09:54 AM
B3701 would be tuned using an injector flow bench, a variable voltage source, and an oscilloscope.

ferocity02
May 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
So the answer is no, the tuner should NOT adjust this table beyond inputting the data provided with the injectors?

ferocity02
May 29th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Using FIC's data, I was getting fuel trims going max negative on decel. I reduced their B3701 by 10% and now my fuel trims are -3.3-1.6, far better than before. It still goes a little rich on decel, but the trims don't max out negative. I'm guessing a little rich on decel is normal if DFCO is disabled?

Is it okay to leave the offset table reduced by 10%?

I wonder what the pulsewidths will do in DFCO.

joecar
May 30th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Is it okay to leave the offset table reduced by 10%?

...If that works then I would say yes (do whatever works the best).