PDA

View Full Version : What's the current state of CAGS?

leres
February 23rd, 2005, 10:00 AM
If I use FlashScan to compare my stock calibration against one I used LS1_Edit to disable CAGS (by setting the %TPS to disable to 1%), FlashScan doesn't seem to report any CAGS related differences although clearly there are. And the FlashScan D0401 (CARS/CAGS) page only lets you enable/disable the solenoid and dashboard lamp; I thought there are actual parameters you could tweak.

I also remember reading about folks who were working on a drag-CAGS config. Did that ever get anywhere?

Dirk Diggler
February 23rd, 2005, 10:45 AM
I was wondering about this also. I guess if you can disable the solenoid it would effectively do the same thing

GMPX
February 23rd, 2005, 10:59 AM
The compare function only compares the tables/parameters supported by EFILive.

As for the CAGS settings, yes you are right, there is also a vehicle speed and TPS setting, we didn't include them because we thought most people would just want to disable the system totally.
If you think we should have those parameters in there just let us know and they will be slotted in for an update.

Not sure what the drag CAGS deal is.

Cheers,
Ross

leres
February 23rd, 2005, 11:57 AM
The idea is to engage the CAGS solenoid to prevent a 3th to 2nd downshift when under hard acceleration. It looks like this guy did it by wiring a shifter mounted switch to the the CAGS solenoid: Drag CAGS (http://www.salug.org/~davidm/cars/dragcags.html).

Can you tell us what related values in the calibration are? Is it just what LS1_Edit shows (enable/disable vs. speed/load ranges, enable ECT and TPS disable percent) with something extra to control the CAGS light? If so it's hard to imagine a config that could do anything useful so the way you did it is probably best.

GMPX
February 23rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
Can you tell us what related values in the calibration are? Is it just what LS1_Edit shows (enable/disable vs. speed/load ranges, enable ECT and TPS disable percent)

Yeah, that's about it.

Cheers,
Ross

Dirk Diggler
February 23rd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Good deal I wasnt sure myself but this seems a lot cleaner

leres
February 23rd, 2005, 05:46 PM
One more quick question; what method does FlashScan use to disable CAGS? What parameters does it alter? Just curious...