PDA

View Full Version : B3704 and injector timing questions

JUSTASBC
June 1st, 2013, 11:45 PM
This sort of confuses me. I have an 05 Silverado with a 6.0 swap, and 80mm turbo. My truck is running a little rougher than I want at an idle, it just isnt crisp in response. When I swapped the pigtails for the injectors over years ago, I was never quite certain about cylinder 1 or 3. They were the same length, and I just plugged them in where I thought they went. Well today I decided to make sure they were in the right area. I decided that I would verify that 1, 3, 5, 7 were on the drivers side, and 2, 4, 6, 8 were on the passenger side. I used DVT to disable each injector, and it was a noticible difference with my AFR when I shut one off, it actually leaned out by about 1 full point. Well the injector plug for cylinder 1 wasnt cylinder 1 when I shut the injector off, it was actually 8. If you lined the cylinders up like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 8, the injectors were 8,5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7. I went in my tune and B3704 is only bank 1 or bank 2. I have never changed that in the tune, and the wiring harness has never been apart. The banks are bank 1 and bank 2 properly, but the cylinders are not the proper number. Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a fix for this, I would like my injectors firing properly according to my valve opening.

joecar
June 3rd, 2013, 10:25 AM
Why did you swap the pigtails...?

DVT could be incorrect in which cylinder it commands.

Can you find someone with a lab oscilloscope that capture waveforms of your injectors to see if they are out of order...

JUSTASBC
June 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the response. I changed the pigtails because I bought a supercharger, and the injectors I got had different plugs. I cut the plugs off, and installed and soldered EV1 plugs on. If I would have known then what I know now, I would have just ordered different injectors.

I will have to see if I can find someone with a lab oscilloscope, but I doubt it. I was unaware that the DVT could be wrong. I assumed injector 1 was cylinder 1. That would make more sense though as all the banks match where B3704 says they should go. Maybe I am just worrying too much. It isnt running horrible, just something that I wanted to make sure was perfect.

joecar
June 4th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Post logs files and tune files.