PDA

View Full Version : Finding/controlling/polling modules other than the PCM (srs, bcm, etc)

Dopey
June 3rd, 2013, 01:23 AM
Hi All,
I had the clock springs go in both of my cars within a month (grrr), so as its easy enough I replaced them only to find the airbag code doesnt clear without intervention.... I think, no worries I can crack out the FlashScan V2 and clear it.... Only to find that I cant clear the airbag code.... It doesnt even read the airbag DTC...

I did a search on the forum and came up with a few relevant posts:

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?6623-Is-there-a-way-to-shutoff-the-AIRBAG-light-on-the-dash&p=58046&viewfull=1#post58046

But these instructions didnt work, when checking the modules section in V7 scanner app, I can only see the PCM (nothing else). I was a little disappointed as I read online that people have been able to clear the code using a sub $100 ALDL/OBDII interface :( Am I doing something wrong? Anyone else been able to clear an airbag code themselves

Cars are a '00 Holden Commodore VX SS (LS1 M6 on COS3 1290003 with VATS disabled) and '99 VT Commodore (3.8L A4). I am running the latest V7 and V8 software and corresponding firmware as of 3/6/2013.

Thanks in advance :master:

limited cv8r
June 3rd, 2013, 05:47 AM
For starters your 99 VT 3.8 is still OBD1,so I dont think V7 / V8 will work for that,I may be wrong though. As for your SS, in the V7 scan tool go to edit,properties, then in the option tab there is a check box called active module detection, try checking that box & also in the advanced tab there is a check box for Check/clear DTC's for all modules,check that box as well.
Pics attached

GMPX
June 3rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Even the VZ still had a lot of modules on the ALDL bus, that was what the PIM was for, V7 & V8 won't talk to ALDL modules.

Dopey
June 3rd, 2013, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the responses :)

I tried the active module detection and clear all modules last night when I was playing around... no joy :( Oh well, so be it...

Thanks again :)

limited cv8r
June 3rd, 2013, 12:39 PM
Is the ALDL ever going to be implemented on the V2,there was talk of it when the V2 first came out & I believe the hardware is already in it for ALDL. Would V8 ever be capable of doing ALDL and replacing Efilive V4?

GMPX
June 3rd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Paul still wants to add it, but it's a low priority as you might imagine.

limited cv8r
June 3rd, 2013, 06:48 PM
Glad to hear it's at least still on the radar.

IJ.
June 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear it's at least still on the radar.
Ditto would be nice not having to make the 300 Km round trip to Holden to have the SRS light turned off when I forget and start the car with a Seat unplugged... ;)

Dopey
June 4th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Ditto would be nice not having to make the 300 Km round trip to Holden to have the SRS light turned off when I forget and start the car with a Seat unplugged... ;)

Yikes! and here I was worried about the 20min drive and $50 they charge every time they hook the tech 2 up... I feel for ya!

Definitely would be nice to have the ALDL stuff working, with the amount of trips I make to holden for the tech 2 (new keys, srs reset, abs bleed, etc) I am considering getting a tech 2 clone from Hong Kong... Would love it if the flashscan did it all :cool:

Dopey
June 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Just found a post that might be useful to some...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?12384-SRS-System

Looks like we might be able to reset the fault using efilive V4.... I still have my aldl interface around somewhere... will have to go searching... :)

IJ.
June 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Yikes! and here I was worried about the 20min drive and $50 they charge every time they hook the tech 2 up... I feel for ya!

Definitely would be nice to have the ALDL stuff working, with the amount of trips I make to holden for the tech 2 (new keys, srs reset, abs bleed, etc) I am considering getting a tech 2 clone from Hong Kong... Would love it if the flashscan did it all :cool:

You need TIS2Web for it to work... having the hardware isn't enough sadly...
(couple of trips to Holden would have paid for one otherwise)

GMPX
June 4th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Not quite, as far as I am aware the 'old' Holden stuff is not on TIS2WEB, you'll need someone at the dealership the give you the DVD's.

IJ.
June 4th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Not quite, as far as I am aware the 'old' Holden stuff is not on TIS2WEB, you'll need someone at the dealership the give you the DVD's.

DOH, how far back does TIS2Web cover?

darcy
June 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Looks like we might be able to reset the fault using efilive V4.... I still have my aldl interface around somewhere... will have to go searching... :)

If you have an ALDL interface, try sending: $FB,$56,$0A,$A5 where $A5 is the checksum.

Dopey
June 5th, 2013, 04:09 PM
If you have an ALDL interface, try sending: $FB,$56,$0A,$A5 where $A5 is the checksum.
Thanks heaps for chiming in, will try it out once I fix the VT

I'll post up the result after trying :cool: