PDA

View Full Version : PIDs won't validate with V1

ferocity02
June 3rd, 2013, 04:17 AM
I'm trying to do black box logging with my V1 so I don't have to keep the laptop on in the car. I went through the process of validating the PIDs with the V1 and the process goes smoothly. V1 plugged into the computer, click "Validate", unplug from computer, plug into OBD, turn on ignition and hit log button, green light stays on for ~20s then turns off, unplug from OBD, plug back into computer, click "retrieve", and a success window pops up saying the PID's were validated or something to that nature. But the PID's in the PID list are all still marked with X's except for a few like EXT.AD1, etc.

The OS and VIN in the scanner match that of the PCM. When I first installed EFIlive the PID's I think validated themselves. Then I updated EFILive and they went away.

Any ideas?

ferocity02
June 3rd, 2013, 04:26 AM
I've also tried validating PIDs with the laptop connected to the PCM and it will work, the PID's will show up as "supported". But if I disconnect from the PCM, then exit and reopen the scan tool, the PIDs are back to "not supported", which kind of makes it pointless to have black box logger if I still need a laptop in the car.