PDA

View Full Version : COS 5 Nitrous retard for Anti-Lag

cyipher
June 4th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Can the nitrous retard be used to help spool, by retard the timing while on a 2-step and t-brake? is there a max timing that can be pulled? min or max rpm engagement?

cyipher
June 6th, 2013, 08:41 AM
bump

Highlander
June 10th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I was thinking about this. Wondering if the 2step can be integrated to the N2O controls...

Thanks

cyipher
June 17th, 2013, 02:35 AM
anyone? joecar?

joecar
June 17th, 2013, 04:26 AM
IDK...

the usual manner of COS5 usage is to modify fuel/timing when nitrous activates.

joeygc5
June 17th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Can the nitrous retard be used to help spool, by retard the timing while on a 2-step and t-brake? is there a max timing that can be pulled? min or max rpm engagement?

I don't see why it couldn't. Hell you'll even be able to fine tune the fueling as well, which isn't possible with the MSD/Lingenfelter boxes. You could pull over 25 degrees, but you'd only need 10-14 on a typical build, imo. If you have the time why not give it a try?

cyipher
June 18th, 2013, 05:10 AM
i dont have a 2 step yet, have heard the lingenfelter boxes have issues and msd doesnt do retard, which i wanted to make sure my idea would work before i drop 220 dollars on a msd unit.

cyipher
June 27th, 2013, 04:00 AM
Well I bought the msd unit and tried to use this on cos3 using the iat table to retard timing, while this did work it looks like it takes about a half seond for the ecu to see the iat temp change causing a bog when i let off the 2 step due to only having 5 degrees of timing. Does COS5's timing features pull timing faster then this?

johnv
June 29th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Yes the nitrous timing retard should be intsant.

ryans1000
July 23rd, 2013, 03:15 AM
Well I bought the msd unit and tried to use this on cos3 using the iat table to retard timing, while this did work it looks like it takes about a half seond for the ecu to see the iat temp change causing a bog when i let off the 2 step due to only having 5 degrees of timing. Does COS5's timing features pull timing faster then this?

perhaps it is the sensor itself which is slow not the ecu. I've heard of people wiring up a toggle switch that alters the iat signal instantly, can't recall if one of the circuits had a resistor inline.

cyipher
July 23rd, 2013, 03:48 AM
perhaps it is the sensor itself which is slow not the ecu. I've heard of people wiring up a toggle switch that alters the iat signal instantly, can't recall if one of the circuits had a resistor inline.

Im 100% sure its the ecu, as i have it wired to relay and i can physicaly hear it click then 1-2 seconds later watch the scan tool change temps. I havent had the time to fool with cos5 yet so i dont know how its gonna work. Im in the process of getting my iats down from the 230* range :muahaha:

TrendSetter
January 2nd, 2015, 03:08 PM
I know this is an old thread but i dont really hang out here much, however i have specific experience doing this.
I have a 4.8/t56 turbo combo with cos5 and a msd 2 step. i connected the msd ground activation with the nitrous ground activation and ran it through the clutch switch. i set the nitrous activation to pull timing and add fuel and activate a few hundred rpm before the msd 2 step. it all works pretty well but its sensitive to the correct amount of fuel added to really have a good bang out the exhaust.