PDA

View Full Version : Burst knock

SSpdDmon
April 1st, 2006, 02:48 AM
Any ideas on how to get rid of burst knock? When doing a WOT downshift into 3rd from a 4th gear cruise, I consistently log 1~3 degrees of KR. I'm fairly certain it's the rapid change in airflow causing this, but don't know where to look for a fix.

SinisterSS
April 1st, 2006, 03:52 AM
Open up the .tun and do a search for B5948. That will take you to the burst knock timing tables. One can change the amount of timing, duration, how fast it decays the BK, how much air mass it takes to trigger it, etc.

Tordne
April 1st, 2006, 08:42 AM
I generally 0 both the B6210 & B6212 tables. I have tried a number of different values, for example halving the amount of timing pulled and doubling the air mass trigger.

I find that the pulling of timing by Burst Knock actually tends to trigger Knock Retard.

Does anyone else see this, or managed to derive a good set of values for these tables.

oztracktuning
April 1st, 2006, 10:55 AM
I have setup burst knock to actually come on in areas that i see knock and it seems to be helping. I bumped up its duration and lower the max values to around 4 degrees and set it trigger in areas of the tune that some tip in throttle knock was happening.

Its meant to be a friend not an enemy.

Redline Motorsports
April 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
Can't you long burst knock retard to see if its kicking in?

ringram
April 1st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Yes you can log it

Garry
August 28th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Details?

TAQuickness
August 28th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Look in your PID's?

oztracktuning
August 28th, 2006, 10:05 PM
My post was a while ago. Im now having better results (at the strip) with burst knock totally disabled. It actually knocks less with it turned off !#?

Garry
August 29th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Yeah, copied out the list in order to actually find the PID ;) Will logg it on my way home to see if I have real knock or whether it's just precautionary KR ...