PDA

View Full Version : Auto cal error q

restless@westnet.com.au
June 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM
HI my friends auto cal displays this error when he flashes updates to his e38 L98 m6 ute

what is the fix the tuner says to load the latest updates but i have done that for him yesterday still doesn't fix the error msg
he has asked the tuner to fix it but no joy
THE AUTO CAL DOES still flash updates in ,it only started giving the error about a month ago has been fine for 18 months ?

ERROR $0537
Controller is locked with a custom key.
An attempt was made to read or program a controller that cannot be unlocked using the standard GM keys.
If you know the key that was used to lock the controller, please use the unlock option in the EFILive software to unlock the controller before attempting to read or re-flash the controller again.

thanks

Blacky
June 5th, 2013, 01:39 PM
HI my friends auto cal displays this error when he flashes updates to his e38 L98 m6 ute

what is the fix the tuner says to load the latest updates but i have done that for him yesterday still doesn't fix the error msg
he has asked the tuner to fix it but no joy
THE AUTO CAL DOES still flash updates in ,it only started giving the error about a month ago has been fine for 18 months ?

ERROR $0537
Controller is locked with a custom key.
An attempt was made to read or program a controller that cannot be unlocked using the standard GM keys.
If you know the key that was used to lock the controller, please use the unlock option in the EFILive software to unlock the controller before attempting to read or re-flash the controller again.

thanks

Can you please use AutoCal in pass-thru mode with the V8 software and when the flash is complete send the resulting *.htx trace file to me please (paul@efilive.com)
The trace file will be created in the \My Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace folder.

Regards
Paul

restless@westnet.com.au
June 5th, 2013, 02:09 PM
hi Paul
my friend is only using a desk pc
so i will get him to come over on the weekend and we can do it on my laptop
thanks