PDA

View Full Version : Lockup Temp enable Question

Brad Kimbler
June 5th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Is there a way to get lockup sooner?

I notice it doesn't lockup til a certain engine temp or TFT....If there is anyway to lower this it would hake my 3600 stall more bearable to drive on the street on cold mornings

I have looked but haven't found any related tables to adjust...

IJ.
June 5th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Thought there was but just checked it must have been in the other software, would be a nice feature to have enabled.

Brad Kimbler
June 6th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Thought there was but just checked it must have been in the other software, would be a nice feature to have enabled.

Is it possible? How would we do that ? Cax file ?

joecar
June 6th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Is it possible? How would we do that ? Cax file ?Only if you already know where that table is located.

Brad Kimbler
June 6th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Only if you already know where that table is located.

I do not :unsure:

IJ.
June 6th, 2013, 03:26 PM
May have given you false hope Brad, just checked the other software and it's not there... I'm sure I've seen a parameter for it but no sign of it in either package sorry.

Brad Kimbler
June 7th, 2013, 07:56 AM
What do u think it goes off of? ECT or TFT

joecar
June 7th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Allowing TCC lockup is determined from TFT...

the strategy is to use the slipping (unlocked) converter to warm up the fluid, and then (above about 80°F) to allow lockup (using the TCC apply/release (VSS vs TP) tables).

IJ.
June 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Allowing TCC lockup is determined from TFT...

the strategy is to use the slipping (unlocked) converter to warm up the fluid, and then (above about 80°F) to allow lockup (using the TCC apply/release (VSS vs TP) tables).

Thought that was the case thanks Joe, could have sworn I've seen a adjustable parameter for this but it might have been an earlier version of HP Tuners...

Mine will lock the TC around the 22c/71f TFT mark, pretty sure I did this so it's not slipping it's brains out on the Climb out of my property.

Brad Kimbler
June 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
So we cannot change the temp enable with efilive v1 7.5

IJ.
June 9th, 2013, 11:10 AM
So we cannot change the temp enable with efilive v1 7.5
Not unless the Development boys jump in and find the table for a future update, they have a lot on their hands so I can't see it happening soon.