PDA

View Full Version : Update: June 06, 2013

Blacky
June 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM
EFILive encourages customers to use this public update in their production environments.

Important:

This latest software update requires updated USB drivers (V2.08.28). You cannot use this version of the software with older versions of the USB drivers.
If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS.

Even More Important:

The boot block software for FlashScan and AutoCal has been updated to increase the stability of flash memory erase and flash operations under varying environmental conditions. You should update the boot block in your FlashScan and/or AutoCal devices when prompted to by the EFILive Control Panel. If you are not prompted to update the boot block, please manually run the EFILive Control Panel software, select the [F6: Firmware] tab page and update the boot block. After updating the boot block the device will remain in dead-poll until you reprogram the latest firmware into it.

Download here:

http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.235_Setup.exe
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILiveV8.2.2.229_Setup.exe

Updates:

V7

[*=1]Added support for new E38 OS.

V8

[*=1]Fixed LBZ/LML "Merge" error when reading E35 calibrations.

Firmware

Known Issues:
Please post issues, questions, clarifications (large or small) in this thread.

As issues are reported and confirmed they will be re-posted as "Known Issues" below.

Version Numbers:

After installing the latest release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

EFILive V7 software: V7.5.7 Build 235
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).

EFILive V8 software: V8.2.2 Build 229
To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Boot Block: V2.07.05 (May 31, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).

Firmware: V2.07.45 (June 6, 2013)
To view the installed version, Select F7: Licenses (in the V8 Scan and Tune software)

ScarabEpic22
June 5th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Any idea when the latest E78 OSs will be supported? I.e. the 2013 Sonic read I sent in? :D

GMPX
June 5th, 2013, 08:56 PM
I had to reconfigure some stuff for the E78, E39 etc, until the software supports the new feature the changes were for I can't release updates, sorry.

ScarabEpic22
June 6th, 2013, 04:15 AM
I had to reconfigure some stuff for the E78, E39 etc, until the software supports the new feature the changes were for I can't release updates, sorry.

Thats ok Ross, thanks for the update!

SkinnyPedal
June 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
That fixed the merge error. Thanks!

vortecfcar
June 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Loaded the new software and drivers. This is the message I get when I try to connect to EFILive.

One of my guys was able to get his software updated. The rest of us... well...

Blacky
June 6th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Loaded the new software and drivers. This is the message I get when I try to connect to EFILive.

One of my guys was able to get his software updated. The rest of us... well...

Close down EFILive Explorer, then using Task Manager, make sure the process EFILive_HAPI.exe is not running - kill it if you have to.
Then restart EFILive Explorer.

Also, see known issues in first post, that I have just updated.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
June 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Ok, now I have my main tuning unit stuck in dead poll mode after programming boot block. EFilive Explorer will not recognize it. I can no longer connect to it. Tried holding control down when plugging in. No dice. Alternating orange lights.

nick

Blacky
June 6th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Ok, now I have my main tuning unit stuck in dead poll mode after programming boot block. EFilive Explorer will not recognize it. I can no longer connect to it. Tried holding control down when plugging in. No dice. Alternating orange lights.

nick

Hi Nick,

Whenever the boot block is updated, it deliberately erases the firmware, which means no application can talk to the device until the firmware is re-programmed.
EFILive Explorer is not really the place to be updating the boot block. I know it can be done there and sometimes it is necessary, but for normal/standard boot block and firmware updates you should always use [F6: Firmware] tab page on the EFILive Control Panel.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
June 6th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I updated the boot block using efilive Control Panel. The Control Panel allowed me to upgrade the block but did not allow me to upgrade the firmware. It said efilve was unable to find a firmware compatible with that bootblock.

vortecfcar
June 6th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Do you have any suggestions now for getting the firmware programmed?

Blacky
June 6th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I updated the boot block using efilive Control Panel

Did you re-program the firmware? After updating the boot block the control panel will look like this...
Just click on the [Update Firmware] button.

Regards
Paul

vortecfcar
June 6th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Unfortunately that was not the case on my install. Button on your picture that says update firmware says why? On my screen. It says EFILive was unable to find firmware. I then plug the unit into another laptop that I have updated the software on and it's unable to recognize The V2 in dead poll mode.

Blacky
June 6th, 2013, 10:53 AM
When the V8 software is installed the latest firmware files are installed to the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8\Firmware (on 32 bit machines)
or
\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Firmware (on 64 bit machines)

Check that the latest firmware files are installed there. If they are not, you should re-install the V8 software.
The latest firmware files are called:
ACProgV2_07_45.efw (for AutoCal)
and
FSProgV2_07_45.efw (for FlashScan).

Regards
Paul

minytrker
June 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM
If you are having difficulty connecting to FlashScan/AutoCal after installing this update, DO NOT DOWNGRADE THE USB DRIVERS.

What do we do if we are having USB driver issues after this update?

Blacky
June 9th, 2013, 05:04 PM

What do we do if we are having USB driver issues after this update?

If you're having USB issues, the best thing to do would be to explain the issues either here in this thread or directly to me at paul@efilive.com, and I'll try and figure out the problem and how to fix it.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 9th, 2013, 05:32 PM
This version has now been posted as a public update on our web site here:
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

The auto-update feature is also now active so you can now update from recent builds as explained on the downloads web page.

Regars
Paul

Brads_rs
June 10th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Just installed the updated version of both V7.5 and V8. V8 works fine. The tuning software however does not. Program locks up when starting up (detecting V2 flash scan). If i unplug the V2 the software starts up just fine, only freezes when i have the v2 connected. I tried reinstalling several times, with no luck. V2 has updated firmware and boot block. USB drivers are current. I have to be overlooking something. Please help

joecar
June 10th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Just installed the updated version of both V7.5 and V8. V8 works fine. The tuning software however does not. Program locks up when starting up (detecting V2 flash scan). If i unplug the V2 the software starts up just fine, only freezes when i have the v2 connected. I tried reinstalling several times, with no luck. V2 has updated firmware and boot block. USB drivers are current. I have to be overlooking something. Please helpWhich driver are you using...?

2007 5.9
June 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Just installed the updated version of both V7.5 and V8. V8 works fine. The tuning software however does not. Program locks up when starting up (detecting V2 flash scan). If i unplug the V2 the software starts up just fine, only freezes when i have the v2 connected. I tried reinstalling several times, with no luck. V2 has updated firmware and boot block. USB drivers are current. I have to be overlooking something. Please help

THIS!!!!

I cant close scantool after a run without unplugging the V2...

minytrker
June 10th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Same thing Here

If you're having USB issues, the best thing to do would be to explain the issues either here in this thread or directly to me at paul@efilive.com, and I'll try and figure out the problem and how to fix it.

Regards
Paul

Having same issue as others in this post

Which driver are you using...?

The newest one from the update

THIS!!!!

Same here

EagleMark
June 10th, 2013, 01:45 PM
The auto-update feature is also now active so you can now update from recent builds as explained on the downloads web page.

Regars
PaulIs there any way to assure and Auto Update does not happen to V7.5.7 build 211 ?

Brads_rs
June 11th, 2013, 01:27 AM
I am using the newest driver 2.08.28. It is the only one that the software will allow me to use with the new version of V7. Has anyone figured this out yet? I have a car sitting on the dyno, that needs to get done asap.

IdahoRob
June 11th, 2013, 08:14 AM
This went public?

Blacky
June 11th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Is there any way to assure and Auto Update does not happen to V7.5.7 build 211 ?

Auto-update does not mean the software will update by itself.
It just means when you select the "Check for Updates" option the software can be updated automatically without downloading the entire installation.
If you don't want to update, just don't select the "Check for Updates" option.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 11th, 2013, 02:53 PM
For anybody experiencing USB connectivity issues, please see this thread:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22760-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-FlashScan-AutoCal-USB-drivers&p=193066#post193066

Regards
Paul

comnrailpwr
June 11th, 2013, 07:48 PM
THIS!!!!

Same problem here but with all these issues I'm still on the previous software release. I have had this issue since day one. Also 7.5 tunetool hangs when opening up a file while v2 is pluged in.

2007 5.9
June 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM
No different...still hangs with V2 plugged in.

Blacky
June 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM
No different...still hangs with V2 plugged in.

Do you have access to powered USB hub? One that has a wall-plug power connection? If so can you try hooking up FlashScan via the powered USB hub?

There are some PC's laptops that have implemented their USB interfaces with a problem that causes the USB interface to hang if/when too much electrical noise is on the USB bus. Placing a hub between FlashScan and the PC/laptop usually resolves the issue.
If you don't have a powered USB hub, can you try FlashScan in each of the USB ports on your system? Some USB ports are physically wired to different USB hubs within the PC/laptop and some of those internal hubs behave differently.

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
I've moved it between all of the 3- I have on my laptop.

No powered hub around. I am buying a new laptop this weekend, so hopefully it'll work with that.

All this started with the last 2-updates....

Never an issue before, and I haven't had to do a W7 update in a while.

KB3MMX
June 13th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Wheew, thank god I didn't do this update yet......What a mess !!

Blacky
June 13th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Because we cannot reproduce the hanging problem on any of our test systems at EFILive, we need to collect trace data from the PC's that are showing the hanging problem.

For anyone experiencing connectivity issues with V7.5, please do this:

Save the attached zip file.
Close all EFILive software.
Rename the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\obdiiV7.dll to obdiiV7_org.dll (if you haven't already done so)
Rename the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe to EFILive_Tune_org.exe
Unzip the EFILive_Tune.zip file into the folder \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5
Run the V7 Tune Tool software.
Wait for it to hang, wait 30 seconds while its hanging.
Disconnect FlashScan (hopefully the software starts responding again).
Close the EFILive Tune Tool software.

When you close the EFILive Tune Tool software it should save a trace file in the folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\Bug Reports
The file will be called something like this: 20130613_170907_usb_trace.blx

Can you please send the trace file to me (paul@efilive.com) for analysis please?

After you have generated the trace file, you should restore the two original files, otherwise each time you run EFILive Tune you will be generating very large trace files which will just slow it down and use up disk space for the log files.

Delete the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\obdiiV7.dll and rename obdiiV7_org.dll back to obdiiV7.dll
Delete the file: \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\EFILive_Tune.exe and rename EFILive_Tune_org.exe back to EFILive_Tune.exe

Regards
Paul

slows10
June 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Wheew, thank god I didn't do this update yet......What a mess !!

Your not kidding it is a mess. Dont want to be worried to do a simple update constantly. I had to buy a new ecm for one of my old trucks that was licensed previously, but the licence order page says you must have the latest updates to license a new ecm. For what, and I dont want to take that gamble while they figure out what is wrong with their 3 millionth update. I need my crap running when I need it.

2007 5.9
June 13th, 2013, 01:51 PM
You have mail Paul.

swingtan
June 13th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Interesting. None of the testing I've done so far seems to show any problems.

I did have an issue with a hang condition a few releases back and it was USB driver related. It was very similar to the reports here where the only fix was to unplug the V2 an replug in ( or I think a soft reset of the V2 also fixed the issue). he only thing I can't test is connecting a V2 with older firmware, as I've updated to the latest (prior to this release) and all worked fine. I've also just updated the BB and FW and fond no issues with....

Original (Black) V2.
Newer (Blue) V2.
Autocal

All were done with:
USB Driver Version 02.08.520
USB Library Version: 03.02.04

How I ended up with 02.08.520 I don't know as the release details say that the USB version should be 02.08.28. The only thing I can think of when I installed some additional USB drivers for a generic OBD-II cable when tuning a Triumph Bonneville.

I've uninstalled the USB Drivers and reinstalled 02.08.28 which displays as 02.08.20 by the way..... I still can't reproduce any of the issues

As Paul has already mentioned, people should check their USB drivers and reinstall the drivers if they are having problems. It may be good to double check everything.

Check the current USB drivers:

Open Scan & Tune V8.
In the top menu, select "Check Firmware" to open the EFILIve Control Panel.
In the left menu, select "F10: About" or just hit the F10 button.
Note the current USB details.
While you're here, hit "F3" to check the USB settings. Default is Buffer size=8,192, Latency = 25 and Timeout = 0

Check the current Firmware:

Select "F6: Firmware" in the left menu or hit "F6"
If you need to update either the Boot Block or the Firmware, it will tell you.
Update the Boot Block first, then the Firmware.
Note the current versions as of this release are BB=2.07.05 and FW=2.07.45

Update the Config Filesystem:

Exit the EFILive Control Panel by clicking on the "X" in the top right corner.
Select the BBX settings by clicking on "F5: BBX" of hitting "F5".
Read the current "options" file in the device by selecting "Read".
Click the "down" arrow next to the "Program" button and select "Format config filesystem".
Select "Yes" to format the filesystem.
Select "Program" to reprogram the device with the current details.

joecar
June 14th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Interesting. None of the testing I've done so far seems to show any problems.

...+1 on my two LS1B PCM's.

I think the people with the latest version of USB hardware are the ones seeing problems.

Blacky
June 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
but the licence order page says you must have the latest updates to license a new ecm. For what, and I dont want to take that gamble while they figure out what is wrong with their 3 millionth update. I need my crap running when I need it.

You can purchase licenses and install/use licenses with any version of the V8 software and any recent version of the V7.5 software.

The license order page says this: Please make sure you have the latest version of the EFILive software (V7.5 or later) installed before obtaining the auth code.
That is to ensure that your software is generating the correct auth-code. If you are using an old version (and I mean V7.5 that is older than about 3 years) then the auth-codes may not be generated properly.
If you are running any version of the V8 software than the auth-code displayed will be correct regardless of what version you are running.

And yes the latest release has causes issues for some customers. We are working non-stop on the problem until we resolve it. It appears to only affect a minority of customers and once we identify the common/unique configuration that is causing the problem it will be fixed.

Regards
Paul

EagleMark
June 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
+1 on my two LS1B PCM's.

I think the people with the latest version of USB hardware are the ones seeing problems.Is it possibly a USB 3.0 port?

Blacky
June 14th, 2013, 05:52 PM
So far it appears to be a fault in the USB driver or Windows kernel that is hanging. When the USB port is closed by the EFILive V7 software it calls the FTDI driver which in turn calls CloseHandle() which in turn calls ZwClose(), The call to ZwClose() never returns. I've sent a support request to FTDI but have not heard back yet. Until then, I'm just working on finding a way to mitigate the problem - so far without success.

I don't think it is a USB 2.0 v's USB 3.0 issue - we fixed that a couple of releases ago (that issue was an undocumented change in the driver support for USB 3.0)

Regards
Paul

jc64
June 16th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Wheew, thank god I didn't do this update yet......No doubt. At this point I'll have to go to the IT guy at work to help me with all this. There is NO WAY I can do this my self. Also once I feel all the bugs are worked out, I'll loose my EGR options. Damn. jc

comnrailpwr
June 16th, 2013, 05:02 AM
The emission disable options are still present I think. Those will come next public release I believe.

jc64
June 16th, 2013, 01:53 PM
I know. When the release will be, is a mystery. Tic... Toc... Tic... Toc... Whish me luck on figuring all this ---- out. jc

Blacky
June 16th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I know. When the release will be, is a mystery. Tic... Toc... Tic... Toc... Whish me luck on figuring all this ---- out. jc

The most recent public release, available on our web site is scheduled as the last one before the EGR/DPF options are removed from future releases for US based customers.
(there may be one or two more updates to fix the USB hanging issue that some customers are seeing).

Those features will not be removed without prominent warnings.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
The most recent public release, available on our web site is scheduled as the last one before the EGR/DPF options are removed from future releases for US based customers.
(there may be one or two more updates to fix the USB hanging issue that some customers are seeing).

Those features will not be removed without prominent warnings.

Regards
Paul

To clarify, the CSP5 (Cummins Switchable Program) version of our software that is currently in beta testing will be publicly released prior to the EGR/DPF options being removed.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 18th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Any users who have experienced the USB hanging issue, please provide EFILive with the following information:

The type of PC (HP, Dell, Toshiba etc)
Laptop or desktop
Operating system (Win XP, Vista, 7 or 8)
The type of CPU (Intel or AMD)
The type of CPU architecture (32 bit or 64 bit)
Using a USB hub? If so is it a powered hub?
USB 2.0 or 3.0 port? (USB 3 sockets are usually blue, USB 2 are usually black)
Anything else that may be unique or non-standard about your system

Please send the information via PM to me (blacky) or via email to me (paul@efilive.com)

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 18th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Paul,

I respnded to your PM, but I will post a screenshot of my setup.

Chavez91
June 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
In the last update I posted about trying to read the AL5... and I finally had gotten access to a laptop and was able to read it... But its not very often that i have access to one... so most of my tuning is done using the BBX feature. Read it, go to the desktop inside... edit.. save to SD card and go back outside and flash with the V2. .. so using a laptop reading the AL5 works perfectly... reading it with the V2 by its self gives me a $0331 "No description available" code everytime. It only makes it to the "Trying MFG key" screen. You can hear the computers resetting or what not... then the radio turns on, door chimes go off and i get the error code....

wesam
June 19th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I hope if the cal_link file will be updated for E78 and E39 in next update

cindy@efilive
June 19th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I hope if the cal_link file will be updated for E78 and E39 in next update

I responded in your other thread on this topic. The linking is a low priority, but we will see if we can get some users to update them and get them in a future release for you.

If anyone is interested in updating the cal link files for a particular platform in return for some licenses, please contact me for details. Cindy at EFILive dot com.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
June 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM
In the last update I posted about trying to read the AL5... and I finally had gotten access to a laptop and was able to read it... But its not very often that i have access to one... so most of my tuning is done using the BBX feature. Read it, go to the desktop inside... edit.. save to SD card and go back outside and flash with the V2. .. so using a laptop reading the AL5 works perfectly... reading it with the V2 by its self gives me a $0331 "No description available" code everytime. It only makes it to the "Trying MFG key" screen. You can hear the computers resetting or what not... then the radio turns on, door chimes go off and i get the error code....

Investigating...

Regards
Paul

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Open a tune file in V8, select a line (such as the VIN line) under F3: Calibration Summary, and use the CTRL+ALT+C to copy the VIN. Doesnt work until you use the mouse a right-click the VIN line.

1. Select the VIN line
2. CTRL+ALT+C
3. Try to paste it.
4. Nothing pastes.

5. Right click VIN line
6. CTRL+ALT+C
7. Pasting works.

Blacky
June 20th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Open a tune file in V8, select a line (such as the VIN line) under F3: Calibration Summary, and use the CTRL+ALT+C to copy the VIN. Doesnt work until you use the mouse a right-click the VIN line.

1. Select the VIN line
2. CTRL+ALT+C
3. Try to paste it.
4. Nothing pastes.

5. Right click VIN line
6. CTRL+ALT+C
7. Pasting works.

Thanks Erik, fixed in next update.

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
June 20th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Investigating...

Regards
Paul

Not sure if it helps.... but here's a trace file from the V2.

Blacky
June 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Not sure if it helps.... but here's a trace file from the V2.

Thank-you, the trace file helped a lot.

Do you still have the laptop that you last used to successfully do a pass-thru read?
If so can you also find the *.blx trace file on that laptop?
Instructions on getting the *.blx trace file are here: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
June 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Thank-you, the trace file helped a lot.

Do you still have the laptop that you last used to successfully do a pass-thru read?
If so can you also find the *.blx trace file on that laptop?
Instructions on getting the *.blx trace file are here: http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=8254-QOGC-9586

Regards
Paul

I wasn't able to use the exact same laptop... ran next door and borrowed a friends and was able to successfully complete a pass-through read just now. Here is the trace file for it.

Hope it helps!

-Josh

Blacky
June 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM

I wasn't able to use the exact same laptop... ran next door and borrowed a friends and was able to successfully complete a pass-through read just now. Here is the trace file for it.

Hope it helps!

-Josh

Thanks Josh,

It's on the list of things to fix for the next update.

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
June 20th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Thanks Josh,

It's on the list of things to fix for the next update.

Regards
Paul

Not to give you more problems... I thought I'd try flashing just now for you with the V2 and see if that also had any problems.... and sure enough... It made it to the "Erasing" screen and gave me another code. $023** (I don't remember it exactly) forgot to write it down... but I'm sure its in the log, if not I can try again and get it for you.

Second problem with it.... Now I've successfully flashed it using the pass-through method before when I had the other laptop I don't currently have access to that I had done the successful pass-through read on, I made a few changes to raise the shift points.... and obviously had to use one of my Transmission licenses when i went to flash it... When I just now flashed it (the same exact controller) with the V2... It used my second transmission license? I shouldn't need a new license every time I flash, correct?

The license #s are:

1.) 440891692
2.) 9M0020516

So my question is.... how could it change? It was flashed with the same tune that I had just read off it (where I gave you that successful pass-through trace file), I just essentially set everything back to stock and re-flashed. If that's just how they work and you need a license every time you flash, I'm fine with that... but just doesn't seem right to me.

Sorry to cause more problems knowing you guys already have a bunch on your plate as it is.

If you want, I can try a pass-through flash on that laptop from earlier and see if that works and get you a log from that also.

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Thanks Erik, fixed in next update.

Regards
Paul

Sure thing!

Blacky
June 20th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Not to give you more problems... I thought I'd try flashing just now for you with the V2 and see if that also had any problems.... and sure enough... It made it to the "Erasing" screen and gave me another code. $023** (I don't remember it exactly) forgot to write it down... but I'm sure its in the log, if not I can try again and get it for you.

Second problem with it.... Now I've successfully flashed it using the pass-through method before when I had the other laptop I don't currently have access to that I had done the successful pass-through read on, I made a few changes to raise the shift points.... and obviously had to use one of my Transmission licenses when i went to flash it... When I just now flashed it (the same exact controller) with the V2... It used my second transmission license? I shouldn't need a new license every time I flash, correct?

The license #s are:

1.) 440891692
2.) 9M0020516

So my question is.... how could it change? It was flashed with the same tune that I had just read off it (where I gave you that successful pass-through trace file), I just essentially set everything back to stock and re-flashed. If that's just how they work and you need a license every time you flash, I'm fine with that... but just doesn't seem right to me.

Sorry to cause more problems knowing you guys already have a bunch on your plate as it is.

If you want, I can try a pass-through flash on that laptop from earlier and see if that works and get you a log from that also.

It looks suspiciously like there is a module in the truck, possibly aftermarket such as a radio, nav system, DVD player etc that is connected to the VPW bus that is resetting the bus when FlashScan attempts to switch to high speed mode. It constantly broadcasting a reset command and all modules are being reset which is preventing the read and/or flash taking place. When you use pass-thru it has a better chance of success because in pass-thru mode it is able to automatically switch back to slow speed mode (or you may have unchecked the high speed mode).

The first thing to do would be to try and find and disable the module responsible for resetting the bus.

The licenses do not change, but there is a bug in the GM code for LB7 and LLY controllers that causes the controller to return a corrupt serial number which prevents FlashScan from recognizing the license. If you get asked to re-license the controller, don't it means the flash process has already failed and the PCM is running GM's faulty code instead of EFILive's boot loader code.

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
June 20th, 2013, 08:22 PM
It looks suspiciously like there is a module in the truck, possibly aftermarket such as a radio, nav system, DVD player etc that is connected to the VPW bus that is resetting the bus when FlashScan attempts to switch to high speed mode. It constantly broadcasting a reset command and all modules are being reset which is preventing the read and/or flash taking place. When you use pass-thru it has a better chance of success because in pass-thru mode it is able to automatically switch back to slow speed mode (or you may have unchecked the high speed mode).

The first thing to do would be to try and find and disable the module responsible for resetting the bus.

The licenses do not change, but there is a bug in the GM code for LB7 and LLY controllers that causes the controller to return a corrupt serial number which prevents FlashScan from recognizing the license. If you get asked to re-license the controller, don't it means the flash process has already failed and the PCM is running GM's faulty code instead of EFILive's boot loader code.

Regards
Paul

As for aftermarket controllers, everything in the truck is stock... as far as the sound system listed in my sig (which right now has been currently removed from the truck 3 weeks ago because I plan on upgrading relocating everything) .... the amplifier for the subwoofer was tapped in to the rear door speakers after the bose amp so i dont think that should have any effect on the VPW since all the wiring to the radio and everything else is untouched... and its the OEM deck for the premium Bose system..... No edge cts or anything.... or any other add ons... but i can pull fuses for the radio or some other things you might think are worth trying, and try again?

and well.... looks like I learned that lesson a tad bit too late and hit yes... :doh2: ugh.... wasted license...

Blacky
June 20th, 2013, 08:24 PM
and well.... looks like I learned that lesson a tad bit too late and hit yes... :doh2: ugh.... wasted license...

Send me your FlashScan serial and auth code as per these instructions
http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=2143-YUOG-8049
and we'll replace the license.

Send them to paul@efilive.com

Regards
Paul

Chavez91
June 20th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Sent.

Thanks again!

comnrailpwr
June 20th, 2013, 10:37 PM
So what do we do if a lb7 or lly controller doesn't recognize it has been licenced? First I have heard if this.

comnrailpwr
June 24th, 2013, 11:58 AM
cummins 5.9 ECM.
parameter c1503 description reads "If the actual boost pressure remains below {C1504} "Low Boost Check Threshold" for this low a low boost DTC will set."

i believe it should read "If the actual boost pressure remains below {C1504} "Low Boost Check Threshold" for this long a low boost DTC will set."

EagleMark
June 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
That brings up a question? There's a lot of those descriptions I'd like to change, correct or at least reword. Any way too?

kangsta
June 24th, 2013, 03:37 PM
you can use the "User Comments" field to save your own notes againts the cal

GMPX
June 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
English was not a subject I excelled at during school, nor does it help that typing those descriptions is really, really tedious work :music_whistling_1:

EagleMark
June 24th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Don't want notes in the .tun file. Want them there in EFI Live so whenever I open a tune file I have all my notes!

cindy@efilive
June 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Don't want notes in the .tun file. Want them there in EFI Live so whenever I open a tune file I have all my notes!

If the descriptions are not accurate, we should review them. Put your list in this thread so we can make a start.

Cheers
Cindy

kangsta
June 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM

The notes I was referring to was against the cal number in EFILive not the tune file.

EagleMark
June 24th, 2013, 05:31 PM
The notes I was referring to was against the cal number in EFILive not the tune file.Well I have no idea why I've done that so many times and when re opened it was not there? Now it's working?

Where does that file save? Wonder if I had a folder permission wrong?

Thanks!

Brads_rs
June 25th, 2013, 01:20 AM

Any luck on the fix yet?

Blacky
June 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Well I have no idea why I've done that so many times and when re opened it was not there? Now it's working?

Where does that file save? Wonder if I had a folder permission wrong?

Thanks!

\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Notes

Note: the notes are stored in text files named after the calibration ID like this: B0101.txt.
It is possible that different controller types use the same calibration name for different calibrations, so you will see the notes you saved for the Bxxxx calibration for say an LS1, showing up in a calibration of the same name for other controller types. The notes you entered for an LS1 might not be relevant for those other controller types. I recommend making your notes unambigous - i.e. adding a "note" to your notes that explains for which controller (and possibly even which OS) the notes are actually relevent.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
June 25th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Any luck on the fix yet?

I've just heard back from FTDI last night. I have started a new thread to manage the issue.
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22822-EFILive-V7-5-Hanging-When-Starting-Up-or-Shutting-Down&p=193764#post193764

Regards
Paul

EagleMark
June 25th, 2013, 08:51 AM
\My Documents\EFILive\V7.5\User Configuration\Notes

Note: the notes are stored in text files named after the calibration ID like this: B0101.txt.
It is possible that different controller types use the same calibration name for different calibrations, so you will see the notes you saved for the Bxxxx calibration for say an LS1, showing up in a calibration of the same name for other controller types. The notes you entered for an LS1 might not be relevant for those other controller types. I recommend making your notes unambigous - i.e. adding a "note" to your notes that explains for which controller (and possibly even which OS) the notes are actually relevent.

Regards
PaulThanks for the tips! Now that it is working without the tips it could have been an issue!

That folder was one affected with permission issues in old laptop, so the cause of it not working was my fault, well actually a security program fault...

kangsta
June 25th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the tips! Now that it is working without the tips it could have been an issue!

That folder was one affected with permission issues in old laptop, so the cause of it not working was my fault, well actually a security program fault...

Yes it really is a good feature to have User notes againts a calibration. I have most of the commercial tuning software out there and they all do the same things in different ways but the more you dig into EFILive the more unique class leading features you find :)

Thanks again to the EFILive team for their openess and flexible approach to their software. I'd been using the User Notes section for so long I 'almost' took it for granted till I saw your post EagleMark.

neovitwin
June 27th, 2013, 02:38 AM
This might be a dumb questions since I already checked the supported vehicles and it does not say anything on E92s on the website yet but when are you guys planning on adding the new calibrations for the E92s?

Cougar281
June 27th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Has anyone else had problems with the V2 corrupting SD cards? So far it has happened to me twice. Once with a 512MB card and the second time with a brand new 4GB card. The V2 will be happily logging, then I'll hear it beep, I look at it and it says saving {filename}.efi, then if I try logging again, I get file or folder not found. When I read it in a PC, there is no good data on it. I'm running the latest public release.

cindy@efilive
June 27th, 2013, 11:48 AM
This might be a dumb questions since I already checked the supported vehicles and it does not say anything on E92s on the website yet but when are you guys planning on adding the new calibrations for the E92s?

E92 support is in the latest release, from memory that controller is presently only used on 2014 Trucks. Our website hasn't been maintained because we are switching to our new website in the coming weeks and maintaining two is just too much work, you also find other controllers missing on our current site - E39A springs to mind.

Cheers
Cindy

neovitwin
June 28th, 2013, 02:25 AM
E92 support is in the latest release, from memory that controller is presently only used on 2014 Trucks. Our website hasn't been maintained because we are switching to our new website in the coming weeks and maintaining two is just too much work, you also find other controllers missing on our current site - E39A springs to mind.

Well, it reads my truck info just fine. However, it says that the OS is not supported. I checked the E92 folder and it is indeed empty

neovitwin
June 28th, 2013, 04:47 AM
Well, It reads my Truck info and everything but the tune tool says the OS is not supported for it.

joecar
June 28th, 2013, 04:51 AM
Well, It reads my Truck info and everything but the tune tool says the OS is not supported for it.In tunetool do Help->About, what build version does it say...?

neovitwin
June 28th, 2013, 06:22 AM
V7.5.7 (Build 235)

joecar
June 28th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Email the file to support@efilive.com and mention that V7 says OS not supported...

also specify year/model/vehicle.

neovitwin
July 2nd, 2013, 07:16 AM
I email them already after I saw you comment. How long do they usually take to answer back?

ScarabEpic22
July 2nd, 2013, 07:33 AM
Bump for 2013 Sonic OS #12655493...now I have one to tune!

jordylee18
July 3rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Does anyone else have problems with the yellow monitoring button in V7 scan tool? I can't monitor PIDs. I have to use the red log button in order to see data. I've had this problem for the last few updates. It hasn't worked for probably 6-8 months.

Also, I guess the EDA PID list in V7 scan tool does not work??

Blacky
July 3rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
Does anyone else have problems with the yellow monitoring button in V7 scan tool? I can't monitor PIDs. I have to use the red log button in order to see data. I've had this problem for the last few updates. It hasn't worked for probably 6-8 months.

Also, I guess the EDA PID list in V7 scan tool does not work??

Yellow button monitors data it does not record data. The charts show recorded data so you won't see any data on the charts while monitoring. The dash gauges should show data that is being monitored.

Why do you assume the EDA data does not work? What problems do you have with it?

Regards
Paul

jordylee18
July 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
I don't see any data at all on any gauges or charts. It seems like it starts to work for a split second then it pauses itself. When I click the paused button, it starts recording data.

When I select the EDA PID list, and hit record, the data screen locks up and you have to hit stop. Then if I select my normal PID list it works fine. Maybe I'm missing something. I'm good at that.

Blacky
July 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
I don't see any data at all on any gauges or charts. It seems like it starts to work for a split second then it pauses itself. When I click the paused button, it starts recording data.

The yellow button is designed to do exactly that, start recording, but in pause mode so nothing gets recorded. In pause mde the data is displayed in the gauges and on the [Data (F9)] tab page but not in the charts.

When I select the EDA PID list, and hit record, the data screen locks up and you have to hit stop. Then if I select my normal PID list it works fine. Maybe I'm missing something. I'm good at that.

EDA is for Cummins controllers that have been programmed with EFILive's custom operating system (that transmit the EDA data) only. IT won't work on any other controller or operating system.

Regards
Paul

cindy@efilive
July 3rd, 2013, 04:54 PM

EDA PID list is in the V7 software, but that function is not yet enabled. EDA and CSP will be in our next release (scheduled for next week). Once it's released, you'll find an upgrade document that explains how to get EDA to work, but the short version is you'll need to flash CSP into your ECM to gain access.

Cheers
Cindy

Cougar281
July 3rd, 2013, 11:17 PM
Anyone?

Has anyone else had problems with the V2 corrupting SD cards? So far it has happened to me twice. Once with a 512MB card and the second time with a brand new 4GB card. The V2 will be happily logging, then I'll hear it beep, I look at it and it says saving {filename}.efi, then if I try logging again, I get file or folder not found. When I read it in a PC, there is no good data on it. I'm running the latest public release.

Blacky
July 3rd, 2013, 11:41 PM
Anyone?

Is it possible the SD Card holder has failed? You can test the SD Card holder switches using the following option:
F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors

Then apply pressure (up/down left right) to the SD Card and watch the two settings: SD:x and WP:x
Do either of them change from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0?

SD:x is 0 when the card is not present and 1 when the card is present.
WP:x is 0 when the card is not write protected and 1 when the card is write protected.

Those values should not change unless you remove the card or change the lock slider on the side of the card.

If they do change when you wiggle the card then the card holder has probably failed.

Regards
Paul

bobo
July 7th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I have trouble reading LMM TCM's with this release in v7.5. I cant read, cal, or full flash a LLY ECM with V7.5 either. I also get a message that the LLY controller is locked when I try to scan the ECM so I can lock it. I can read it and write to it with V8 fine, but it says its locked in v7.5.:throw:

bobo
July 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM
And just for fun, I put the ECM on my bench harness. Read the tune with V7.5 like a champ. I sure wish I could send EFI Live an LLY to play with. This is starting to get real annoying!!!

bobo
July 8th, 2013, 07:57 AM
So....I tuned a LLY at the Dyno today with no glow plug module....and never had 1 issue using v7.5 to tune it. I did get it to lock the ECM, but it did not work properly and never finished the lock process process on my computer screen.....but the ECM is locked and I was able to unlock it. Tuned without pulling radio, radio amp, and info fuses too!!

catman3126
July 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I have trouble reading LMM TCM's with this release in v7.5. I cant read, cal, or full flash a LLY ECM with V7.5 either. I also get a message that the LLY controller is locked when I try to scan the ECM so I can lock it. I can read it and write to it with V8 fine, but it says its locked in v7.5.:throw:

couldnt pull the lbz ally tune either.

Cougar281
August 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Is it possible the SD Card holder has failed? You can test the SD Card holder switches using the following option:
F4 Options -> F4 Self Tests -> F3 External Sensors -> F1 Display Sensors

Then apply pressure (up/down left right) to the SD Card and watch the two settings: SD:x and WP:x
Do either of them change from 0 to 1 or 1 to 0?

SD:x is 0 when the card is not present and 1 when the card is present.
WP:x is 0 when the card is not write protected and 1 when the card is write protected.

Those values should not change unless you remove the card or change the lock slider on the side of the card.

If they do change when you wiggle the card then the card holder has probably failed.

Regards
Paul

Finally got a chance to test this - Apparently the SD slot is flaky :(. It doesn't change every time the card is touched, but it can be made to change without removing the card. The odd thing is you'd think it would just corrupt or lose the file it's working on when it happens, not corrupt the entire card...