PDA

View Full Version : LBZ will not turn over (35A)

gnorris71
June 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM
I am new to this EFILive however I am eager to learn. I have stumbled on my first education point.

I loaded the original ECM settings and saved it to EFILive. I wanted to turn off the EGR and intake heater settings. Following another thread i went to the DTCs for these and disabled them. I was told to change the high and low temp settings for the EGR as well.

I saved this change as a separate file and attempted to flash the changes. Now the truck will not turn on. There is the car with the lock idiot light then it goes out. I proceed to start the truck and the power drops to almost nothing and there is no sound from the starter. I made sure the batteries were fully charged by slow charging them for the last 5 hours. It syill does the same thing.

I attempted to reflash the original ECM settings without any luck.

I am in need of direction please...Thanks.

StinkyDog
June 10th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Can you still communicate with the ECM? If so, pull the currently installed tune and check that the VIN information is there and it matches the truck.

Did you save a copy of the stock file? When you re-flashed, was it a full re-flash or a cal?

If the cal flash back to stock didn't work, then you may need to full re-flash it.

Other thoughts... make sure BOTH the truck and the computer you are using are running on batteries, not chargers. If you introduce noise into the ECM through the use of chargers, you can very easily have problems. Make sure the computer doesn't go to sleep OR into screensaver. In other words, set your "power settings" to "always on." and don't let the display sleep.

While flashing, don't allow ANYTHING (dome lights, radio, auto headlights, heater/AC, etc) to introduce a draw on the battery. I am absolutely fanatical about this when I flash a truck.

gnorris71
June 10th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the info Matt.

I figured it out. When I saved the original ECM data the engine calibrations had a red x by them instead of a check mark. There was a button I guess to accept those values so the ECM would recognize the data and have a successful load.

Once I made that change I reloaded the original data and the truck started.

Now to try agarn and disable the EGR and Intake heater...