PDA

View Full Version : Disable A0014 for Tuning?

ferocity02
June 10th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Does the VE vs. IAT table {A0014} need to be disabled (set to all 1's) for 2-bar OLSD VE table tuning?

My A0014 is currently set to something that matches other's data pretty well.

andysc3
June 12th, 2013, 02:22 AM
I have mine set to all 1.00 that way the ve doesnt change while tuning. Once the tune is good to go you can adjust A0014 to keep the AFR where you want it. at least thats how im going to d it.

ferocity02
June 12th, 2013, 03:02 AM
I have mine set to all 1.00 that way the ve doesnt change while tuning. Once the tune is good to go you can adjust A0014 to keep the AFR where you want it. at least thats how im going to d it.

Thanks for the reply. I thought about it for awhile yesterday, and my plan is to leave A0014 active so the changes in IAT throughout the log, and between logs, doesn't affect the correction to the VE table. If your IAT is fairly steady then you wouldn't have to worry about this. Of course that means getting A0014 dialed in first. I used idle data from a log to do this. But you could also manually increase your IAT with a heat gun or something while idling and log the changing BENs, while trying to keep ECT relatively constant, maybe by turning on the fans or something. And then you could also decrease the IATs with ice.

Either way you do it is correct I think.