PDA

View Full Version : Any news on the A50 software???? I don't want to pay $600 to convert to the A40

Dragbear
June 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM
I thought there was a beta version floating around. and they were very close to completing the finial version.

We are close to pulling season and I would like to set up the 3rd gear start

Any one have an A40 tcm for sale?

Thanks, Rick Abare

vortecfcar
June 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
We'll do it for $450.

Little consolation maybe, but it's an option. http://duramaxtuner.com/tcm

Nick

GMPX
June 11th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I thought there was a beta version floating around. and they were very close to completing the finial version.
Not quite 'close', the idea was thrown around that now we support LML flashing we should revisit the A50.

Dragbear
June 11th, 2013, 02:46 PM
What would that include?
Do you need mine as a core?

Rick

GMPX
June 11th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Don't get too excited Rick!, we were just looking to add basically what the A40 has for tables. We have A50 TCM's here, thanks for the offer.

Dragbear
June 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
I have my first pull Sunday and I will most likely just run High range 1st gear until I figure out what to do. I just installed the Fleece 63mm cheata turbo with Danville tuning, egr deleat, transgo, vigilante converter. When I did the trany relearn I blew right through 5th gear and limped the trany. I tried again 2 days later and a full power shift into 5th limped the trany again so I need to stay away from over drive. I haven't built the trany yet so I want to stay away from any shifting while pulling and I should be ok. the best thing about low range 3rd is the tuning will lock the converter were it woun't in high 1st

Rick

Dragbear
June 11th, 2013, 03:14 PM
I want to tune it so any time I shift into 4low it will go to 3rd gear start. A lot of the guys have to switch their tcms at the track then switch them back when they are done. It is very rare I use 4low other than pulling so I thought it would be nice not to have to switch them.
Does your price of $450 include any tuning or do I still need to go get it flashed at a gm dealer.
Rick

Dragbear
June 11th, 2013, 03:23 PM
GMPX you saying you might have a way to tune the A50s?

GMPX
June 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Yes, but it's not on top of the list of "to do's" at the moment. Sounds like if you need the trans sorted ASAP then Nicks solution might be the way to go.

Dragbear
June 12th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Nick what do I get for $450

Rick

killerbee
June 15th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Any one have an A40 tcm for sale?

We stock them also. NEW and used.