PDA

View Full Version : Setting up autocal

Quinton
June 14th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Okay so I'm just now getting into autocals. Anyone have a URL of a guide for a autocal? Idk how to get the pids setup in there and not sure why it has prog 1-5 and full 1-5. Thought the autocal does 8 trucks? Just need more info on them. Thanks.

Quinton
June 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Bump anyone? I loaded a tune onto it but how o I know if its in there or not? On my v2 it would show the name of the tune. I'm not seeing anything on this one.

Quinton
June 17th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Hello

joecar
June 17th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Did you read the AutoCal doc's here: docs (https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=134)

Quinton
June 17th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Did you read the AutoCal doc's here: docs (https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=134)

Nevermind I've already read through that. It doesn't explain how to set it up other than linking and unlinking.

swingtan
June 17th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Sorry, I thought I posted this yesterday...

The Autocal is set up exactly the same way as the V2 is, ( in terms of PID selections for BBL). I'm pretty sure all the info is in either the docs linked by Joecar odr the normal EFILive help pages.

Assuming the firmware is up to date....

Just connect the AC to thye laptop and open EFILive Scan & Tune V8.
Then select "F5: BBX"
Set up the controllers and PIDs as required.
In the drop down list next to the "Program" button, select "Format Config Filesystem" to clear out any old script files. This step is only needed if you have updated the firmware.
Then click on program and wait for the files to be loaded into the AC.
All done!

As for "prog 1-5" and "full 1-5", I'm not sure what's going on there unless it's something to do with the firmware version.

Simon.

Quinton
June 17th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Sorry, I thought I posted this yesterday...

The Autocal is set up exactly the same way as the V2 is, ( in terms of PID selections for BBL). I'm pretty sure all the info is in either the docs linked by Joecar odr the normal EFILive help pages.

Assuming the firmware is up to date....

Just connect the AC to thye laptop and open EFILive Scan & Tune V8.
Then select "F5: BBX"
Set up the controllers and PIDs as required.
In the drop down list next to the "Program" button, select "Format Config Filesystem" to clear out any old script files. This step is only needed if you have updated the firmware.
Then click on program and wait for the files to be loaded into the AC.
All done!

As for "prog 1-5" and "full 1-5", I'm not sure what's going on there unless it's something to do with the firmware version.

Simon.

Thank you, I've played around with it and got it to work properly, now one last thing, if need to purchase a license for the autocal where do I find the authentication number? Or do I use my V2's authentication number?

cindy@efilive
June 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM
AutoCal is capable of licensing 8 controllers. For ease of use given you are scrolling through a small display, AutoCal is limited to storing 5 files on the device at any one time. You can move as many files onto and off the device as you wish, as long as capacity does not exceed 5 on the device at any one time.

The first license ships with the AutoCal, so you do not require anything additional to the AutoCal unit for your first vehicle. Subsequent licenses need to be purchased through our online store. You will need to connect your AutoCal device to your PC, and click on View>Licenses in the EFILive Scan and Tune program (V8) to obtain license information.

If you do submit your FlashScan V2 details (serial and auth) then a license will be issued for that device, which given it's an upgrade code, cannot be refunded or replaced.

Cheers
Cindy