PDA

View Full Version : Can't get over 32psi of boost???

Dragbear
June 17th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Last year I ran a Mini Max and in the hottest setting the turbo maxed out at 32psi. This was the reading on the Mini Max
This year I change to EFI Live and it also maxes out at 32psi.
I just installed a Fleece 63mm cheata turbo at it also maxes out at 32psi.
I am looking for 42psi and after 3 tuning updates it still sits at 32psi.Danville gave up and says that is all that turbo will make. Brayden from fleece just sent me a tune to see if he can get it up to 42.

I can't help but think the issue is somewhere else!! I Get all of my turbo boost readings from the data port under the dash with the H&S last year and the CTS Insight now. I think it gets its reading from the Map sensor.

If the ecm is not getting the right information it could over boost and damage the engine. I may hook up a manual gage to check it.

Rick Abare

Quinton
June 18th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Boost leak?

kbracing96
June 18th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Possibly its only a 4 bar MAP sensor and 32 is as high as it will read???

Dragbear
June 19th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Yes that was exactly right!!!.
I installed a 0-100 pressure sensor for my insight and found the turbo boost was 50psi. That explains the 1800deg exhaust temps. Need to back it back down.
I guess I should have told Mike I was getting the boost reading from the data port.
Has anyone installed a 5 bar map sensor? You would think the computer would need the correct information for tuning.
Rick

Dragbear
June 25th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Well I guess that was not the issue. The manual gage reads exactly the same as the boost reading from the data port under the dash. total boost is 35pis.

Wheelz
June 26th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Do you have an exhaust leak? Saw a cummins with the same problem and he finally found his exhaust manifold bolts were backing out