PDA

View Full Version : PCM Connection Problems

BowlingSS
February 23rd, 2005, 12:02 PM
Just received FlasScan yesterday and the first time I hooked it up I could not connect to the PCM. Windows did see the USB connection but I could not connect. I am using XP Pro w/SP1. I tried a number of things, like reinstalled the software, removed Virus Software. So I deceided to try my EFILive Cable with version 6.0. I also tried my LS1Edit. Both could not connect. I have not used it for a couple of months. I tried another Notebook with the same problems. I am currently setting up a notebook with no virus software, no Window updates, nothing but windows, Adobe Reader and FlashScan. Has anyone had any problems with any Windows Updates that could cause a connection problem? If it is not the Notebook what on the car could cause it? The connector looks OK. Is there a fuse with this connector?
Thanks.
Bill

GMPX
February 23rd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Hey Bill,

Given it has failed using the Flashscan adaptor, the old AutoTap adaptor and the LS1Edit adaptor sort of make me think it's something on the car perhaps?.

When you plug in the flashscan adaptor to the car (without a PC hooked up), do the LED's cycle when first connected?, if yes then you have power at least, when the key is turned on does the OBD LED flicker?, if yes then you are getting data from the PCM, well, actually, you are getting data from something.
If both those seem O.K then it points back to the PC.

Give those few things a shot and let us know how you go.

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
February 23rd, 2005, 12:21 PM
The FlashScan does go thru a light test when connected to the PC. I just tried plugging in the cable-box to the car without being connected to the PC. No lights. I even tried to push the start button.

Bill
:(

wait4me
February 23rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
did you verify 12 volt at the bottom right pin on the diagnostic port? if not check your cigarette fuse?

GMPX
February 23rd, 2005, 12:42 PM
The FlashScan does go thru a light test when connected to the PC. I just tried plugging in the cable-box to the car without being connected to the PC. No lights. I even tried to push the start button.

Bill
:(

That's why I suggested plugging it in without the PC connected........you have no 12V at the DLC.

Cheers,
Ross

BowlingSS
February 23rd, 2005, 12:43 PM
It does not have power. Is that fuse under the side panel?

Bill

BowlingSS
February 23rd, 2005, 01:00 PM
I checked the fuse and it was blown... I never use the lighter so I did know it was bad. Thanks guys.

Bill
:D :D

wait4me
February 23rd, 2005, 01:02 PM
Hi, Glad to help :)

wait4me
February 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
What are you doing REading these posts. GET out AND PLAY!

BowlingSS
February 24th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Replaced the fuse and everything is working OK.
Thanks. :D
Bill