PDA

View Full Version : Difference between 2002 & 2004 LB7 tune?

puddlestomper
June 20th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Im new to this thing, is there a difference between a 2004 LB7 tune and a 2002? Stock tunes nothing modified. It commands rail pressure and gets it, but none of the injectors are working. Tgey all stay at 0 when cranking.

It ran fine before, but the PCM was locked with a junk programmer, so I sent it off to get unlocked so I could tune it. The operating system had to be changed, and it flashes fine with the '04 tune. '02 tune won't flash due to the new OS. Vehicle cranks but no start due to injectors not working.

THEFERMANATOR
June 20th, 2013, 02:03 PM
02 and 04 tunes are quite a bit different. And if you changed ECM's, then you need to do a theft learn for the replacement ECM before it will fire the injectors. As for flashing in the other tune, you will have to full flash it, not cal flash it.

puddlestomper
June 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I had it unlocked. There was a programmer put on it and the gal I bought it from wouldn't let me use it to unlock the PCM. So they assigned a VIN to it at the same time that I already had a license for while I'm saving up to upgrade to V2 . That VIN was a 2004. The OS had to change to match the VIN from what I understand. Now I have a no start. How do I do the theft re-learn?

puddlestomper
June 20th, 2013, 02:18 PM
It acts exactly like a bad ignition switch on a 2000 gas engine I had. Everything but injectors because the BCM wasn't recognizing the key switch.

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I had it unlocked. There was a programmer put on it and the gal I bought it from wouldn't let me use it to unlock the PCM. So they assigned a VIN to it at the same time that I already had a license for while I'm saving up to upgrade to V2 . That VIN was a 2004. The OS had to change to match the VIN from what I understand. Now I have a no start. How do I do the theft re-learn?

VIN doesnt matter, if the ECM changed then you need a new license. VIN license refers to 1 license needed per vehicle from GM, i.e. 1 PCM or 1 ECM/TCM. EFILive licenses the controller's serial number, VIN is irrelevant. New ECM with old previously-licensed VIN, new license.

puddlestomper
June 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I've already got that. I had one license left. I just can't get it to run now. Its the same physical PCM.

killerbee
June 20th, 2013, 11:43 PM
The operating system had to be changed, and it flashes fine with the '04 tune. '02 tune won't flash due to the new OS. Vehicle cranks but no start due to injectors not working.

Something isn't ringing true. You should be able to full flash any OS if the ECM is healthy. It sounds like you possibly have a bad ECM. Where did you send it for this "unlock" ? Are you sure you rec'd the same ECM back?

puddlestomper
June 21st, 2013, 01:34 PM
I was only doing a cal flash. Did a full flash and disabled VATS. It started. Missing out, but running. So I am going to mess with it tonight. This is the first time I've had a running engine to mess with. I bought EFI Live to fix a couple of 2004.5's I traded for and never got those running.