PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Corvette T43 tune file

6ltrtorana
June 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Hi,
new to the forum. I have fitted a 6ltr & 6L80E from a 2011 SS VE into my Torana and all working fine except the TUTD.
I have rest the stroke on the shifter and modified the shifter to allow me to select P,R,N,D,M.
I have added some micro switches to the shifter to activate the TUTD but the OS in my current tune will no operate the TUTD and I have been old I will need a Corvette tune file.
There is only a 2009 tune in File Depot and if there is someone out there with a 2011 file I would appreciate access.
I have not done a test Full Flash with the 2009 as I would prefer to keep the latest OS.
As I am new to EFI live any advise would be appreciated, otherwise I will keep tinkering and fix it when I break it.

I need TUTD or I will have nothing to do on the 1/4 mile!!!

Taz
June 22nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Do NOT try and flash the 2009 Corvette T43 calibration ... not certain about Holden vehicles ... but in the North American market 2009 T43 and 2011 T43 are different controllers (generally) - and the corresponding calibrations are not interchangeable. Also, highly doubtful that a 2011 ECM OS would communicate properly with a 2009 TCM OS.

There are Australian based tuners that should be able to enable the TUTD option in your current TCM OS - that would be the best course of action - although there would be a cost associated.

6ltrtorana
June 22nd, 2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks Taz,
I will keep tinkering and will try to contact Joel Prince as he lives in the same town. He has been recommended by a few people.
I was planning a test and tune night this Friday but will just try it out in auto mode.
Thanks again

6ltrtorana
June 23rd, 2013, 08:19 PM
Taz, if there are tuners who can make it work, are they using EFI live and if so it should be possible for me to do it as well? If I can find where to look.
If not what would they use to edit my current OS.
I am no longer using the BCM and was told I would need to Full flash in a Corvette OS to make it work.
Is there somewhere I can find a 2011 Corvette T43 tune file?
If so I can run a test Full Flash first.

Taz
June 24th, 2013, 01:35 AM
... if there are tuners who can make it work, are they using EFI live and if so it should be possible for me to do it as well? If I can find where to look. If not what would they use to edit my current OS ...

For you to do this yourself with EFILive - you would need disassembly / decompiler software, and the knowledge to use it, to track down all of the required parameters and their respective locations within the controller / OS environment. You would then have to write a *.cax file to make these new found parameters editable within the EFILive software.

Any professional tuner that solely uses EFILive to activate the hardwired TUTD routines in a non-Corvette OS has done this type of R&D - quite a lot of work involved.

No one is going to share this type of information - as it forms part of their corporate service offering, that cost hard dollars to develop.

... I am no longer using the BCM and was told I would need to Full flash in a Corvette OS to make it work ...

Generally, a Corvette TCM calibration SHOULD work within the same model year - however, communications between a non-Corvette ECM calibration and a Corvette TCM calibration are not always "perfect" - you may encounter some glitches.

... Is there somewhere I can find a 2011 Corvette T43 tune file? ...

If there is not one of these in the Tune Repository, then you will have to find a way to source this yourself.

6ltrtorana
June 24th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Thanks very much for the explanation. I am on a steep learning curve and happy to get some info so I don't start stuffing with things that may have the car in the carport for longer. Looks like I wont make the test n tune this week as I just had the car on stands and ran it through the gears and noticed I have a bent axle. Bloody axle hop.
I will have a look for a 2011 Corvette tune.
Thanks again

Steve cooper
August 1st, 2013, 09:37 PM
Do NOT try and flash the 2009 Corvette T43 calibration ... not certain about Holden vehicles ... but in the North American market 2009 T43 and 2011 T43 are different controllers (generally) - and the corresponding calibrations are not interchangeable. Also, highly doubtful that a 2011 ECM OS would communicate properly with a 2009 TCM OS.

There are Australian based tuners that should be able to enable the TUTD option in your current TCM OS - that would be the best course of action - although there would be a cost associated.

Hi everyone

Taz,

Do u have details of a tuner who can do this software mod?

Cheers

Taz
August 2nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Hi everyone

Taz,

Do u have details of a tuner who can do this software mod?

Cheers

What are you working with, and what do you need ?

Where are you located ?

Steve cooper
August 2nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
What are you working with, and what do you need ?

Where are you located ?

Sorry for the vauge post!

I'm in queensland, Australia.

I have an identical setup to 6ltrtorana, a 2011 l77/6l80 combo out of a commodore, transplanted into a Nissan patrol.

Last nite I tried to have a corvette OS flashed into my TCM controller at a holden dealership, but he couldn't even read out my tune with his TIS setup. We have a number of theory's as to why that wont work, mostly related to all the other modules missing like abs, cluster ect.

If you could put me into contact with someone can modify my tune it would be awesome!!!

Sorry for the thread hijack 6ltrtorana, but i think this will be relevant to your project.
I also have a 2011 corvette auto file you can use, but its in the "other" software format. If you want it, I'll email it to u.

Cheers
Steve Cooper

6ltrtorana
August 2nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
Hi Steve, no worries. I have sent my tune file to someone to modify so I can get tap shift working. I have contacted him to see if I can pass on his email address to you.
I finally got my shift points at WOT sorted by using a ratio calculator to calculate the speed in each gear at 6500 rpm then setting that as the shift speed. Before that it was hitting the limiter when I went WOT as the speeds were all set up for standard gear ratios and tyre sizes.
That part is much better now but tap shift is critical for both of us.
Hope we can get it sorted.

Steve cooper
August 2nd, 2013, 09:58 PM
Hi Steve, no worries. I have sent my tune file to someone to modify so I can get tap shift working. I have contacted him to see if I can pass on his email address to you.
I finally got my shift points at WOT sorted by using a ratio calculator to calculate the speed in each gear at 6500 rpm then setting that as the shift speed. Before that it was hitting the limiter when I went WOT as the speeds were all set up for standard gear ratios and tyre sizes.
That part is much better now but tap shift is critical for both of us.
Hope we can get it sorted.

That's awesome news mate, I hope it works out!!

Looking forward to your feedback

Thanks
Steve

6ltrtorana
August 4th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Hi steve, I posted his email address but has not come up. Maybe I need to do a private message but not sure how to do that either

6ltrtorana
August 4th, 2013, 08:17 PM
tuning@lsxworks.com;
His name is Ian and you will find he is very helpful

6ltrtorana
August 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
There you go, I'm an expert at this posting stuff "haha".

Steve cooper
August 4th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Thanks mate, did u get yours working?

Taz
August 5th, 2013, 12:00 AM
tuning@lsxworks.com;
His name is Ian and you will find he is very helpful

That was the first company in your part of the world that came to mind ... in my experience they are very, very good.

joecar
August 5th, 2013, 02:20 PM
+1 x2.

6ltrtorana
August 29th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Hi Steve, I got my tap shift working with Ians help. That was a few weeks ago but was so excited I forgot to let you know... Is your sorted?

Steve cooper
August 29th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Hi mate,

Yep, I got it all sorted a few days ago actually! Ian knows his stuff. Thanks heaps for the referral, I wouldn't have got that sorted without it.