PDA

View Full Version : Question about road runner

J.Abbott
June 24th, 2013, 03:20 AM
I am thinking about purchasing one but I have questions. I am not purchasing this for MY car, I am purchasing to help speed up calibration times on a LS1/LS6 y cars. Do I have to purchase a new license for it for every car, or can I use one license and change the vin in the roadrunner. I am aware that I will still have to buy a license for the actual cars ECU once I go to flash the final cal to it, but I am not sure about the roadrunner unit. Also can you program the road runner ECU with Tis2Web for the stock cal upload.
Thanks
Thanks

minytrker
June 24th, 2013, 04:09 AM
The RR is only licensed one time. I never tried flashing with Tis2Web so I cant answer that part.

J.Abbott
June 24th, 2013, 04:52 AM
The RR is only licensed one time. I never tried flashing with Tis2Web so I cant answer that part.

Thanks, Im sure it will work fine on the Tis2Web

joecar
June 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
RoadRunner is not flashed (and so you don't use a PCM flash license).

You directly download a tune to the RR (via the USB interface) and run it, regardless of the VIN you put on the RR (using the scantool to write the VIN).

RR is licensed to the V7 software (unlike a PCM being licensed to FlashScan).

EagleMark
June 24th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Since it is not flashed and uses USB to upload tune... I don't think there's any way to get Tis into it? Unless... will EFI Live open a Tis file?