PDA

View Full Version : hpt cos

5.7ute
June 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Hi guys.
I have a VE ute coming in with a custom HPT COS in it that needs help. Is there anywhere that using the vin number of the vehicle will tell me the stock calibration ID so I can get one?
Cheers Mick

darcy
June 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Try http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web

GMPX
June 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Chances are it will be locked too Mick, I can't think of one shop in Australia using HPT that doesn't lock ECM's.

5.7ute
June 24th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Thanks darcy, that helped.
Since I can read the tune Ross, can I just full flash with the stock cal & OS or is there another workaround?

ScarabEpic22
June 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Thanks darcy, that helped.
Since I can read the tune Ross, can I just full flash with the stock cal & OS or is there another workaround?

Have the shop or someone with HPTuners unlock it, or swap a new PCM/ECM in. Could crack it open and pull the flash memory and use a bench flasher if you have one.

5.7ute
June 24th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately I would have to either buy HPTuners myself, or send it 1000 miles away to the closest HPTuner equipped shop. (I am in Alice Springs which is in the dead centre of Australia)
Since I could read it I was hoping it was tuned before a tunerlock was implemented into these ECM,s. But I do not want to try just in case I brick it.

kangsta
June 24th, 2013, 03:36 PM
As far as HPT COS goes, LS1 are always locked. E38 is up to the tuner but if you can ready you can flash. Just make sure it is the right OS for that service number

5.7ute
June 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM
As far as HPT COS goes, LS1 are always locked. E38 is up to the tuner but if you can ready you can flash. Just make sure it is the right OS for that service number
Thanks Kangsta. I will build a base tune from the stock file I found & see how it goes.

ScarabEpic22
June 24th, 2013, 04:23 PM
If you can read it, might be ok. Unfortunately until you try licensing/flashing it, you wont know.

auspeed
June 25th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Full flash with standard CAL over E38 with HPT enhanced pcm has worked before, efi live could read it but had bad file format....... Full flash in a standard cal for that particular vin number and you should be ok.

5.7ute
June 25th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Full flash with standard CAL over E38 with HPT enhanced pcm has worked before, efi live could read it but had bad file format....... Full flash in a standard cal for that particular vin number and you should be ok.

Thanks Mate. I will not be trying this until after this weekend as we have a big meet here. I will post my results once attempted.