PDA

View Full Version : adding smoke? help

snyracing14
June 24th, 2013, 03:48 PM
i bought a truck not to long ago, 07 classic LBZ. has DSP5 with tunes in it. i bought the EFI with the truck.

the 5 positions are

stock
cleaned up stock (20hp)
Tow (50hp)
100hp street
150hp race

i need help adding some smoke. they were tuned to not smoke, like at all, even on the 150hp race at wot hardly a haze. the truck is fast and strong but if someone could help me out to maybe alter the 100hp street to smoke. all i need is a little push in the right direction.

truck has fully built trans and 20% over injectors.

any help is greatly appreciated.

ScarabEpic22
June 24th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Good luck, a smokey tune is simply not needed, all you need is a light haze to spool the turbo and then there's absolutely no reason (except looks) to do it. Plus you waste fuel, so it costs you more $$ in gas.

That said, more pw/duration and retard timing. Thats all Ill say.

Wheelz
June 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM
i bought a truck not to long ago, 07 classic LBZ. has DSP5 with tunes in it. i bought the EFI with the truck.

the 5 positions are

stock
cleaned up stock (20hp)
Tow (50hp)
100hp street
150hp race

i need help adding some smoke. they were tuned to not smoke, like at all, even on the 150hp race at wot hardly a haze. the truck is fast and strong but if someone could help me out to maybe alter the 100hp street to smoke. all i need is a little push in the right direction.

truck has fully built trans and 20% over injectors.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Please don't go down the smoke road. It's not cool. It only draws attention from people who already hate diesels and the EPA.

All i'll say is good tunes don't smoke.

EagleMark
June 24th, 2013, 05:36 PM
If you must smoke? Get a good cigar!

THEFERMANATOR
June 25th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Be prepared for the flaming as TRUE diesel enthusiast have realized how bad coal rolling is. And smoking diesels is why new diesels now have all of the emissions controls and other BS they have.

tokymon
June 25th, 2013, 08:49 AM
get an egt guage if youre going to make it smoke = high egt's
as said before more fuel, less timing and boost

joecar
June 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Don't attract EPA toward you.

StinkyDog
June 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM
In addition to the EPA issue, think about where all that soot gets routed. It ALL goes through the turbo. With these VVG turbos, more soot will equal sticky vanes eventually. Combine that with the outrageous EGT's and you have nothing but a recipe for (expensive) trouble.

Just my .02 :)

If you desperately want it to smoke, please just do it on the track. Diesels have a bad enough name with your average citizen.

WisconsinHick1
June 26th, 2013, 02:42 PM
In just for entertainment. It's funny to see guys ask about adding smoke.

EagleMark
June 26th, 2013, 03:42 PM
Preety sure if you fill your windshield washer with some lite oil and run the line to a vacuum port you could make a gas motor smoke too?

Chevy366
June 26th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Preety sure if you fill your windshield washer with some lite oil and run the line to a vacuum port you could make a gas motor smoke too?

Ha, good one. Was wanting to come up with something for the motorcycle to smoke the inane dolts so if they do it to my wife again.
Took the A.I.S. (Air Injection System) off maybe I could use its old port to inject something into the TBs.

tokymon
June 27th, 2013, 04:33 AM
no for gas just need a tune from magnuson tune (smoke like diesel on shifts and decell)

Rapponotti
March 19th, 2015, 04:24 AM

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
perfect:funnypost: