PDA

View Full Version : EFILive V7.5 Hanging When Starting Up or Shutting Down

Blacky
June 25th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Some EFILive customers have reported that if FlashScan V2 is connected to the computer when starting the EFILive V7.5 Tuning Tool the green progress meter gets part way across and then hangs, or that when exiting the V7.5 Scan Tool the software hangs and will not close. The customers have also reported that disconnecting FlashScan from the computer's USB port will unfreeze the software and allow it to continue.

The following table is a list of the configurations that have been reported to EFILive on which the problem occurs.

Make Type CPU OS Bits USB

Lenovo Laptop Intel Win7 64 3.0
HP Pavilion Laptop AMD Vista 64 2.0
HP G62 Notebook AMD Win7 64 2.0
Asus Desktop AMD XP 32 2.0
Acer Laptop AMD Win7 64 3.0
HP Laptop AMD Win7 64 3.0
HP Desktop AMD Win8 64 2.0
If you are experiencing the hanging problem described above and your computer details are not listed (or are incomplete) in the list above, please post the details in this thread or send them to me via private message (to blacky).
We are working with FTDIChip (the company that makes the USB components for FlashScan) to try and resolve the issue. The more information we can gather the sooner we can determine the cause of the problem and then a solution.

Regards
Paul

Update June: 06, 2013
FTDI have suggested trying the following work around:

First connect FlashScan to a USB 2.0 port on the same machine - it can then be moved to a USB 3.0 port. (Note: USB 2.0 ports are usually black, USB 3.0 ports are blue).
Updating the host controller driver may also help.
Windows 8 should not have this problem since it uses a Microsoft supplied driver.

Please try the top two options and report back the success or failure in this thread.
Also if anyone is using Win8 and has the hanging problem , please report that.

Brads_rs
June 25th, 2013, 08:58 AM
Update on the detail of my machine

make :ASUS
Type : Desktop
CPU : AMD
BIT: 32
USB : 2.0

Chavez91
June 25th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Make: HP
Type: Desktop
CPU: AMD
BIT: 64
USB: 2.0

It will hang about half way through the green meter about 90% of the time... Usually just unplug the v2 and it finishes. Very rarely does it load the green bar all the way with no issues.

2007 5.9
June 25th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Updating the host driver...where is that located?

Blacky
June 25th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Updating the host driver...where is that located?

On the Windows Start menu Right click on "My Computer" (XP) or "Computer" (Vista/7) and select Properties.
Then (for XP only: select [Hardware] tab page then) click on "Device Manager".
Expand the Universal Serial Bus item and right click on the USB Host Controller entry/entries and select "Update Driver".
You should be connected to the Internet so that Windows can search its online driver database.

Or search the chip set manufacturer's web site for updated drivers.
For example I did a search on Intel's web site for the three keywords: driver usb host
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/search.html?context=767188&tab=767193&keyword=driver%20usb%20host
And got back a number of links, however all the links were for USB 3.0 host controllers. Effectively telling me that there is no updated driver for the USB 2.0 host controller on my system.

Regards
Paul

2007 5.9
June 25th, 2013, 12:36 PM
No driver updates avail from Device Manager or HP's site...all USB 3.0 drivers

mowton
June 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
How can I un-update ( I know, it's not a word) the firmware so I can go back to the last revision that worked. Am in dire need of my setup......

Ed M

HP Pavilion (dv6700 notebook PC) Entertainment PC

Blacky
June 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
You can't downgrade the firmware. What part of your setup is not available due to the hanging issue?
If you disconnect FlashScan and then reconnect it the software will start up.

Regars
Paul

mowton
June 28th, 2013, 10:56 PM
You can't downgrade the firmware. What part of your setup is not available due to the hanging issue?
If you disconnect FlashScan and then reconnect it the software will start up.

Regars
Paul

It is telling us in the About, "License: Commercial Scan&Tune as well as Restricted to: Personal Scan&Tune (no cable)" so we can't perform a write entire. If we load a normal calibration file the Read and Write Calibration icons in the upper tool bar are lit, but not the Write Entire. If we try and load a Custom OS (which is how we found the problem), none of the 3 icons are lit in the tool bar....

Also if you try and flash a calibration, the setup hangs at Auto Detect Interface....The entire computer hangs and when you try and close the window, the response is "EFI Live not responding" and either remove the cable or you have to restart the PC to get out of it.

Yes, pulling the cable allows the software to startup, but the above is the result. Also if you monitor Device Manager you see the EFI Live USB added and removed as you insert/disconnect the cable. Also if you check the status it says device is operating ok.

To stop the hang and restricted issue, we perform a System recovery to the point prior to the upgrade (before the FDTI upgrades) and the cable restriction goes away, but of course the latest firmware isn't compatible with that build.

Really need some help by Monday...know you guys are working hard to fix this. Just want to get back to the old setup until you work out the issues.

Thanks,

Ed M

Blacky
June 29th, 2013, 12:05 AM
It is telling us in the About, "License: Commercial Scan&Tune as well as Restricted to: Personal Scan&Tune (no cable)" so we can't perform a write entire. If we load a normal calibration file the Read and Write Calibration icons in the upper tool bar are lit, but not the Write Entire. If we try and load a Custom OS (which is how we found the problem), none of the 3 icons are lit in the tool bar....

Also if you try and flash a calibration, the setup hangs at Auto Detect Interface....The entire computer hangs and when you try and close the window, the response is "EFI Live not responding" and either remove the cable or you have to restart the PC to get out of it.

Yes, pulling the cable allows the software to startup, but the above is the result. Also if you monitor Device Manager you see the EFI Live USB added and removed as you insert/disconnect the cable. Also if you check the status it says device is operating ok.

To stop the hang and restricted issue, we perform a System recovery to the point prior to the upgrade (before the FDTI upgrades) and the cable restriction goes away, but of course the latest firmware isn't compatible with that build.

Really need some help by Monday...know you guys are working hard to fix this. Just want to get back to the old setup until you work out the issues.

Thanks,

Ed M

What V7.5 version and build number do you want/need to go back to?
I will check if that version is compatible with the latest firmware and if it is I will re-issue that firmware and tag it compatible with that version of V7.

Regards
Paul

mowton
June 29th, 2013, 12:12 AM
I will check if that version is compatible with the latest firmware and if it is I will re-issue that firmware and tag it compatible with that version of V7.

Regards
Paul

Just give me a couple of minutes, restoring system back to yesterday.....

Thanks for the quick response Paul.

Ed M

mowton
June 29th, 2013, 12:22 AM

Regards
Paul

OK it is V7.5.7 (Build 230) and if needed it is Version: 8.2.2 Build 224

Thanks again Paul

Ed M

Blacky
June 29th, 2013, 09:03 AM
It is telling us in the About, "License: Commercial Scan&Tune as well as Restricted to: Personal Scan&Tune (no cable)" so we can't perform a write entire. If we load a normal calibration file the Read and Write Calibration icons in the upper tool bar are lit, but not the Write Entire. If we try and load a Custom OS (which is how we found the problem), none of the 3 icons are lit in the tool bar...

I'm still trying to figure out if the current firmware will still work with that version, meanwhile...

The calibration-only-flash and the full-flash options are available in version 8 of the EFILive software. I recommend using them instead of the V7 flashing options. The V8 options are more advanced and more stable.

Also from your message above, does the V7 software only hang when you load a custom OS? Or does it hang no matter what file you are loading?
Does it still hang if you remove the list of recently used files so that it doesn't try to load any file at start-up? File->Recent files->Clear file list

If it only hangs when a certain file is open, can you please send me a copy of that file? (send to paul@efilive.com)

Regards
Paul

mowton
June 29th, 2013, 04:57 PM
I'm still trying to figure out if the current firmware will still work with that version, meanwhile...

The calibration-only-flash and the full-flash options are available in version 8 of the EFILive software. I recommend using them instead of the V7 flashing options. The V8 options are more advanced and more stable.

Also from your message above, does the V7 software only hang when you load a custom OS? Or does it hang no matter what file you are loading?
Does it still hang if you remove the list of recently used files so that it doesn't try to load any file at start-up? File->Recent files->Clear file list

If it only hangs when a certain file is open, can you please send me a copy of that file? (send to paul@efilive.com)

Regards
Paul

Had to head out. Will try the version 8 recommendation tomorrow am.

It hangs on the startup even with the recent file list cleared. After you pull the cable and it completes the startup, subsequent files seem to open ok. However at no time do you ever remove the Restricted to: Personal Scan&Tune mode in the About file so no write entire are enabled.

Thanks and look forward to you answer on the V7 software/firmware answer.

Thank you,

Ed M

mowton
June 29th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Also, the V8 Full Flash software for the LS1B has a disclaimer before you execute the full flash about the TPS out of range not being detected and you must re-save the file prior to flashing or you may render the LS1B PCM inoperative. Do I have to resave the Custom OS file prior to the flash?

Thanks,

Ed M

tddmatt
June 30th, 2013, 02:49 AM
I am having the same problem I was running version 7.5 with no problems then I had to update to version 8 and update the bootblock and firmware in order to flash a tune from Rob Coddens in a kodiak now I can not do anything v7.5 freezes 1/3 of the way when stating loading calibration definitions. I use a sony with windows 7. Ive tried deleting the older version of v7.5 that I was running and downloaded the newer 7.5 with no luck.

Thanks, Stuart

mowton
June 30th, 2013, 04:28 AM

Regards
Paul

Paul.

Seems like the V8 will handle the flash issues, but can't log from V7.5 or V8 :). What is our next plan? Monday is closing in on me :(

Thanks,

Ed M

joecar
June 30th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Ed, can you log from V2 BBL (and transfer file to PC)...

Blacky
June 30th, 2013, 09:45 AM
The attached firmware has been modified to allow it to operate with older versions of the V7 software.
Specifically it will allow connections to V7 from build 230 to build 237 inclusive.
Use the V8 EFILive_Explorer program to reprogram this firmware into your FlashScan device.

Warning:
I can't be 100% certain that using the older V7 software with this latest (modified) firmware will work as expected.
Using old and out dated software will expose you to problems that have been fixed in the latest build.
Please see this page for a list of differences between V7.5.7.230 and the latest release.
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126:updatesv755&catid=57:updates&Itemid=134

Regards
Paul

mowton
June 30th, 2013, 10:51 AM
The attached firmware has been modified to allow it to operate with older versions of the V7 software.
Specifically it will allow connections to V7 from build 230 to build 237 inclusive.
Use the V8 EFILive_Explorer program to reprogram this firmware into your FlashScan device.

Warning:
I can't be 100% certain that using the older V7 software with this latest (modified) firmware will work as expected.
Using old and out dated software will expose you to problems that have been fixed in the latest build.
Please see this page for a list of differences between V7.5.7.230 and the latest release.
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=126:updatesv755&catid=57:updates&Itemid=134

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, quick question, is this FW considered an upgrade from the original build 235 FW. Would there be any reason we would have to go "back" to the original build 235 FW release? Also is there a plan to correct the issues with the 235 build to get it to operate with your latest FW above?

Ed M

Blacky
June 30th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Thanks Paul, quick question, is this FW considered an upgrade from the original build 235 FW. Would there be any reason we would have to go "back" to the original build 235 FW release? Also is there a plan to correct the issues with the 235 build to get it to operate with your latest FW above?

Ed M

The firmware I posted will work with versions of V7 from build 230 to build 237.
Regards
Paul

mowton
June 30th, 2013, 02:01 PM
The firmware I posted will work with versions of V7 from build 230 to build 237.
Regards
Paul

Thank you again Paul. Loaded firmware and am giving it a try.

Ed M

Update 10:25 PM est -- Loaded good and 7.5 (build 230) started up good, proper flash icons etc. Scan tool loaded as well. Will try out on vehicles tomorrow morning.

Again, thank you Paul for your great support and fix. Now we both can enjoy the rest of the weekend (1 hr left for me :))

mowton
July 1st, 2013, 10:21 AM
Tested today on 2 cars LS1 and E38 and all worked great. Tune, Scan and Custom OS worked as previously with build 230.

Thanks again Paul and the team at EFI Live

Ed M

Brads_rs
July 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
Is there anywhere to download an older version of V7 (V7.5.7 build 230)?

mowton
July 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22491-Public-Release-Apr-23-2013

You can find all version in this section

PS -- April 23rd is our Anniversary :)

Ed M

Blacky
July 3rd, 2013, 01:56 PM

No, we don't keep old versions on our servers. But I have re-uploaded build 230 here:
http://download.efilive.com/Software/V7.5/EFILiveV7.5.7.230_Setup.exe

Regards
Paul

mowton
July 3rd, 2013, 07:28 PM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?22491-Public-Release-Apr-23-2013

You can find all version in this section

PS -- April 23rd is our Anniversary :)

Ed M

My bad, should have checked the link in this thread.....:redface:

Sorry

Ed M

Brads_rs
July 5th, 2013, 04:25 AM
All is working well now. Went back to build 230 with the firmware that paul posted. So far so good :notacrook:

IJ.
July 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Where are we with this Paul?

Will 2.37 work with the New/Old Firmware correctly or is it better to Install 2.30 and the FW?
(been away from the tuning side of things dealing with another mechanical failure, last time I used 2.35 it was hanging on shutdown so I had to do all my edits load the file into the V2 and program from there)

mowton
July 5th, 2013, 11:37 PM
Where are we with this Paul?

Will 2.37 work with the New/Old Firmware correctly or is it better to Install 2.30 and the FW?
(been away from the tuning side of things dealing with another mechanical failure, last time I used 2.35 it was hanging on shutdown so I had to do all my edits load the file into the V2 and program from there)

If you are having problems with the latest build (237/235) and firmware (7.45), your best resolution seems to be to load the 230 software and the latest (7.46) firmware. We did and all issues were resolved (with the exception of course what the new software alleviated) and we were back in business.

Ed M

IJ.
July 6th, 2013, 12:23 AM
If you are having problems with the latest build (237/235) and firmware (7.45), your best resolution seems to be to load the 230 software and the latest (7.46) firmware. We did and all issues were resolved (with the exception of course what the new software alleviated) and we were back in business.

Ed M

Thanks Ed, as I said been away for a bit and was wondering if there was a resolution for this issue before I start back into it.

IJ.
July 6th, 2013, 03:22 PM
235+ 45 FW = hang Start and shutdown

235+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown

230+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown.

Blacky
July 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
235+ 45 FW = hang Start and shutdown

235+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown

230+ 46 FW = hang on shutdown.

I'm confident the problem is with the USB drivers, not the EFILive software. Some combination of what the V7 software is requesting the drivers to do is causing the drivers to fail. The latest USB drivers (V2.08.28) that have been shipping with the V7 and V8 software since the May 25, 2013 pre-release seems to be the culprit. Until we can figure out what that combination is, the best workaround option is explained below...

Previously (on the May 25 pre-release) I posted that you cannot downgrade the USB drivers once the software and firmware had been updated. However, issues with USB 3.0 ports meant that the new features that were not supported by the older drivers had to be removed, making the software compatible with the old drivers again. So now the latest V7 and V8 software (and FlashScan/AutoCal firmware) should operate normally while still using the old drivers.

The currently released V7 and V8 software should continue to function properly while using the old V2.08.14 drivers that shipped with versions of the EFILive software prior to May 25. The simplest/best solution for anyone with the V7 hanging issue is to install the latest V7 and V8 software and FlashScan/AutoCal firmware (which will install the new V2.08.28 USB drivers), then downgrade the drivers to V2.08.14

Unfortunately, the EFILive_USBManager application that ships with the latest EFILive software will refuse to downgrade the USB drivers if it detects that "V8 build 225" or later, or "V7 build 231" or later is installed.

I have posted an updated version of the USB Manager program that will let you upgrade/downgrade the USB drivers if you have the latest software installed (that is compatible with both old and new drivers).

Updated USB Manager program available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_USBManager.zip

Download it and unzip it into the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (on 32-bit machines)
or
\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 (on 32-bit machines)
overwrite the existing EFILive_USBManager.exe file.

Regards
Paul

IJ.
July 7th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks Paul,

Will give it a try soon as I return home!

Rhino79
July 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Late to the show here, but I am having the hang up on my Sony Vaio. Windows 7 64 bit, AMD Vision

2007 5.9
July 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Downgrading works..but REALLY slow to finish progress bar. Still a step in the right direction.

tddmatt
July 20th, 2013, 03:18 AM
I downloaded the firmware and build 230 this fixed my problem for 2 weeks then its back to the hanging issue without making any changes. I tried downloading build v7.5 235 and downgrading the usb drivers with no luck.

comnrailpwr
July 20th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Is it hanging on you guys all the time or just when v2 is plugged in? Mine only hangs when v2 is plugged in. Unplug v2 from USB port and tune tool instantly starts up. I then plug in v2. It will not hang at all for me with v2 plugged in if I have v8 scan and tune or efi explorer opened up with the little flashscan icon having the green checkmark in it.

tddmatt
July 23rd, 2013, 03:11 PM
Any suggestions I really need to get it going by the weekend?

Thanks

Blacky
July 24th, 2013, 01:33 AM
I downloaded the firmware and build 230 this fixed my problem for 2 weeks then its back to the hanging issue without making any changes. I tried downloading build v7.5 235 and downgrading the usb drivers with no luck.

You said "without making any changes", did you maybe re-install V7 or V8? Performing any install or re-install will update the drivers to the latest version. Downgrading the drivers again can be problematic because Windows "hates downgrading drivers". It always tries to install the "latest and greatest" driver set that it knows about. I recommend uninstalling the drivers using the program:\
C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\Utilities\Remove FDTI USB Drivers\CDMuninstallerGUI.exe
Enter the following four Product IDs: E4A0, E4A1, E4A2 and E4A3 like this:
Then click [Remove Devices].
Note: Some messages about unable to remove one or more of those ID's may be displayed.

Then reconnect FlashScan and Windows should fail to install the drivers since there are no drivers on your system anymore.
Right click "Computer" and select Properties, then open Device Manager and expand the USB group and locate FlashScan, right click it and select Install Driver and choose to browse for the driver files.
Browse to the folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\Drivers\EFILive\Win-XP-Vista-7 and install the drivers from there.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
July 25th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Downgrading works..but REALLY slow to finish progress bar. Still a step in the right direction.

It could be that EFILive is searching for multiple cable types before finding the correct cable. You could try setting the exact cable type that you have in the EFILive Scan Tool to force EFILive (both scan and tune) to only search for the cable you have.
For example, if you have a FlashScan V2 cable only (and don't need to scan for other cable types) you should have it set like this:

Note: The V7 Tune Tool must not be running when you make the change. You also need to close the Scan Tool to cause the changes to be saved prior to re-starting the tune tool.

Regards
Paul

LS1FREEK
July 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM
It could be that EFILive is searching for multiple cable types before finding the correct cable. You could try setting the exact cable type that you have in the EFILive Scan Tool to force EFILive (both scan and tune) to only search for the cable you have.
For example, if you have a FlashScan V2 cable only (and don't need to scan for other cable types) you should have it set like this:

Note: The V7 Tune Tool must not be running when you make the change. You also need to close the Scan Tool to cause the changes to be saved prior to re-starting the tune tool.

Regards
Paul

Holy cow!!! That fixed my hanging issue!!!

BUT, I have another problem:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz248/LS1FREEK/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled_zps0df3eb85.png (http://s832.photobucket.com/user/LS1FREEK/media/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled_zps0df3eb85.png.html)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz248/LS1FREEK/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled5_zps065376cb.png (http://s832.photobucket.com/user/LS1FREEK/media/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled5_zps065376cb.png.html)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz248/LS1FREEK/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled4_zpsdd27a1e4.png (http://s832.photobucket.com/user/LS1FREEK/media/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled4_zpsdd27a1e4.png.html)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz248/LS1FREEK/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled2_zps6a99845b.png (http://s832.photobucket.com/user/LS1FREEK/media/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled2_zps6a99845b.png.html)

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz248/LS1FREEK/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled3_zps930580f6.png (http://s832.photobucket.com/user/LS1FREEK/media/EfiLive%20stuff/Untitled3_zps930580f6.png.html)

LS1FREEK
July 30th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I also can't log either!! flashing works on V8 tho

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz248/LS1FREEK/Untitled6_zps464db82d.png (http://s832.photobucket.com/user/LS1FREEK/media/Untitled6_zps464db82d.png.html)

ScarabEpic22
July 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM
John, you have the latest public release installed on that pc but are using beta firmware. Update your software to the latest beta stuff on that pc and you should be set, all of those errors are releated to the software/firmware mismatch.

LS1FREEK
July 30th, 2013, 11:53 PM
hmm... wonder how I got the beta firmware? I just did the firmware update through V8...

LS1FREEK
July 31st, 2013, 05:36 AM
Well I did the beta update and all is well now! Except it still hangs a little, mabe 7-10 seconds, while opening v7.5 tune tool with the cable plugged in

IJ.
July 31st, 2013, 08:31 PM
I'm confident the problem is with the USB drivers, not the EFILive software. Some combination of what the V7 software is requesting the drivers to do is causing the drivers to fail. The latest USB drivers (V2.08.28) that have been shipping with the V7 and V8 software since the May 25, 2013 pre-release seems to be the culprit. Until we can figure out what that combination is, the best workaround option is explained below...

Previously (on the May 25 pre-release) I posted that you cannot downgrade the USB drivers once the software and firmware had been updated. However, issues with USB 3.0 ports meant that the new features that were not supported by the older drivers had to be removed, making the software compatible with the old drivers again. So now the latest V7 and V8 software (and FlashScan/AutoCal firmware) should operate normally while still using the old drivers.

The currently released V7 and V8 software should continue to function properly while using the old V2.08.14 drivers that shipped with versions of the EFILive software prior to May 25. The simplest/best solution for anyone with the V7 hanging issue is to install the latest V7 and V8 software and FlashScan/AutoCal firmware (which will install the new V2.08.28 USB drivers), then downgrade the drivers to V2.08.14

Unfortunately, the EFILive_USBManager application that ships with the latest EFILive software will refuse to downgrade the USB drivers if it detects that "V8 build 225" or later, or "V7 build 231" or later is installed.

I have posted an updated version of the USB Manager program that will let you upgrade/downgrade the USB drivers if you have the latest software installed (that is compatible with both old and new drivers).

Updated USB Manager program available here: http://download.efilive.com/Software/V8/EFILive_USBManager.zip

Download it and unzip it into the folder:
\Program Files\EFILive\V8 (on 32-bit machines)
or
\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8 (on 32-bit machines)
overwrite the existing EFILive_USBManager.exe file.

Regards
Paul

Tried this and all suggestions here... failed :(

comnrailpwr
July 31st, 2013, 10:28 PM
Open v8 or efilive explorer is and make sure it's connected to flashscan, then open tune tool. Does it hang?

IJ.
July 31st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Open v8 or efilive explorer is and make sure it's connected to flashscan, then open tune tool. Does it hang?

Scan tool does.. didn't try tune.

Blacky
August 1st, 2013, 08:51 AM
Tried this and all suggestions here... failed :(

Try downgrading the drivers all the way back to V2.02.04 (instead of only back to V2.08.14)
Also, reboot your machine after downgrading the drivers.

Regards
Paul

IJ.
August 1st, 2013, 10:14 AM
Try downgrading the drivers all the way back to V2.02.04 (instead of only back to V2.08.14)
Also, reboot your machine after downgrading the drivers.

Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul, will give this a go today.

What's the latest version of V7 and V8?

Also where do I find the v2.02.04 driver?

Blacky
August 1st, 2013, 10:33 AM
The latest public release is available here:
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

The latest pre-releases are regularly posted in this forum.

To downgrade your USB drivers, you'll need to download this EFILive USB Manager program from post #33 in this thread.
Click on [Show Old Drivers], then click on [Install USBV2.02.04].

A new update is scheduled to be posted in this forum around mid-late next week.

Regards
Paul

IJ.
August 1st, 2013, 10:41 AM
The latest public release is available here:
https://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=133

The latest pre-releases are regularly posted in this forum.

To downgrade your USB drivers, you'll need to download this EFILive USB Manager program from post #33 in this thread.
Click on [Show Old Drivers], then click on [Install USBV2.02.04].

A new update is scheduled to be posted in this forum around mid-late next week.

Regards
Paul

Cool just in time for my birthday thanks ;)

Will have a play today and let you know what happens.

IJ.
August 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
v2.02.04 driver works like a charm thanks Paul! :D

tddmatt
August 1st, 2013, 02:22 PM
I tried down grading the drivers on my computer everything said it was successful, but had no luck fixing the issue. The fix i did find was downgrading the firmware once again everytime the flashscan hangs.

IJ.
August 1st, 2013, 02:24 PM
I tried down grading the drivers on my computer everything said it was successful, but had no luck fixing the issue. The fix i did find was downgrading the firmware once again everytime the flashscan hangs.

Did you go right back to the 04 driver?

I tried the 14 set and it was the same.

DieselMafialb7
August 3rd, 2013, 03:18 AM
I'm having this problem now on the beta release with csp5 tried updating the drivers no luck

cindy@efilive
August 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?p=195591#post195591

From another thread yesterday, the issue has been determined and a fix will be available next week.

Cheers
Cindy

Blacky
August 5th, 2013, 05:19 PM
The fix is now available here:
http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?23025-Update-Aug-06-2013

Regards
Paul